Created 5th January 2015 @ 16:57

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2

kermit

G
sniper

Quoted from CHERRY

[…]
Doesn’t this also happen with lod_bias?

It doesn’t, but people saying it’s a “hack” are kinda wrong, “hack” is a bit of a misnomer. Seeing as it’s literally a hud animation that, in prism hud, is triggered by damaging another player. At it’s most basic it’s no different from having a flashing crosshair on damage.

AnAkkk

Quoted from Opti

Preloading the map WITH sv_pure 0 to then access the texture even with sv_pure 2 seems really edgy (if I correctly understood how the whole thing works).

Exactly, that guy is saying how to bypass sv_pure.

hr

Quoted from AnAkkk

[…]

Exactly, that guy is saying how to bypass sv_pure.

Correct me if I’m wrong but could one not just load an invisible texture this way and use it to wallhack?

Tseini

Damn!
0FO

Quoted from hr

[…]
Correct me if I’m wrong but could one not just load an invisible texture this way and use it to wallhack?

I tried this “pure2 bypass” and it doesnt work. It even says in his post that textures will look shitty in pure2 but you get used to it.

This scope removal imo is the biggest problem here

Bona

PMW

You’re getting it all wrong, he’s not using “custom” textures on sv_pure 2 by some sort of bypass, he’s downscaling an entire texture to fit into a 4×4 pixel space, if you get really close to textures you can see that, that’s why some sort of rippling effect appears, but you can fix the rippling with Supersampling, but that gives you input lag, so It’s barely any use to most players, unless you can handle that epilepsy causing rippling effect.

konr

Quoted from kermit

[…]

It doesn’t, but people saying it’s a “hack” are kinda wrong, “hack” is a bit of a misnomer. Seeing as it’s literally a hud animation that, in prism hud, is triggered by damaging another player. At it’s most basic it’s no different from having a flashing crosshair on damage.

The method to obtain it is no different but the advantage you gain from it is absolutely ridiculous, and I very much doubt it was ever intended to be an option.

Tseini

Damn!
0FO

As far as i know the developer of clean tf2 contacted valve and wants to get that scope removal “bug” fixed. But as we all know it can take time before that patch is coming

stephen

Quoted from Tseini

As far as i know the developer of clean tf2 contacted valve and wants to get that scope removal “bug” fixed. But as we all know it can take time before that patch is coming

What’s he incentive to use a patched one if the broken one works and still gives you an advantage

Tseini

Damn!
0FO

Quoted from stephen

[…]

What’s he incentive to use a patched one if the broken one works and still gives you an advantage

“wants to get that scope removal “bug” fixed.”

Wich means pretty much what it states for :^)

AKA preventing to move scope with hudanimation

Last edited by Tseini,

AnAkkk

Quoted from hr

[…]

If that exploit let you bypass sv_pure, indeed it could be used to wallhack.

Tseini

Damn!
0FO

Quoted from AnAkkk

[…]

If that exploit let you bypass sv_pure, indeed it could be used to wallhack.

But it wont let you bypass sv_pure,heres what it says on the teamfortresstv post: “Some functionality in sv_pure without preloading, more with it.”

Walls and doors looks like an epilepsy aids,if you use the flat textures from this on sv_pure 2

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2