Forum

Why is competitive dying?

Created 25th December 2014 @ 15:17

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 ... 7 8 9 ... 13 Next »

RTC

Quoted from juan

what a fucking retard…as if shitalking was a tf2 exclusive thing maybe u should come up with the answer of if u have an extra chromosome or ur just a little cry baby that gets offended on the internet and starts sweating everything he hits an headshot

What an eloquent and well made selection of counter points.

Genmix

bobs

Quoted from T0m

Too many bitch ass niggas

wow shut the fuck up thomas, fucking hell

Dennia

FAINT

Quoted from pisshead

IMO, the problem with the TF2 comp scene isn’t so much that it’s toxic, but that’s it’s cliquey. Every game has toxic players, but the bigger the playerbase the easier it is to just move on. The impression of the TF2 scene, rightly or wrongly, is that it’s a group of players who’ve been playing since launch and all know each other, and have stitched up the scene between them.

There’s a saying that a rotten fish makes a bigger stink in a pond than an ocean, so any toxic players here have a much greater discouraging effect. If someone’s being obnoxious in dota or csgo, you can just go and find another game out of the thousands available, you won’t even see that player again. If the same happens on tf2 you can’t just find another lobby because there probably won’t be one or you’ll be waiting an hour for it to start, and that same obnoxious player will be all over the place because it’s a small community.

If someone’s being a cunt in a dota forum there are millions of others, but there aren’t that many TF2 forums. What noob would want to go to teamfortress.tv forums and get ‘fragbombed’ by the clique?

The comp scene seemed to like it being cliquey, it was a cosy club, until some high profile names quit and leagues started folding, then you all started flooding reddit with desperate posts asking people to play competitive. What’s the use in starting all that now? So you find someone on a pub with your |playcomp.tf tag and they look it up, what do they do next?

Join a team? They don’t know anyone. Go to a lobby? They’ll be chewed out by the vets for not immediately understanding the subtleties of 6s. There’s no ingame match-making system, and the community hasn’t made one (tf2center is made by and for established comp players), so there’s no way to play a competitive-format game against players of a similar level, short of having five friends who all want to start a team and play/scrim on a schedule.

If the TF2 comp community was ever going to take off, it should have happened years ago. All this soul-searching and tags and reddit-bombing and archimedes cups is way too late. Overwatch is around the corner and won’t expect you to wait half an hour for a lobby where you get your shit pushed in by top-level comp players who rep you instead of telling you what to do better.

Writing long, heartfelt letters to Valve? Wasting your time. No-one at Valve with any clout cares about TF2 anymore, especially not the comp scene. Valve only support comp in games that already have successful scenes, they’re not going to build one from scratch. Even if they did, who would make it? The C-team they have working on it now? They can barely balance a weapon without breaking something.

I’m deeply sorry for Smirre not healing you in a 4 a.m lobby

dAGNER

duplo

lol tf2 is dead guys im off to play competitive Brink l8rs

Hank

FAINT

caps still alive :D

vani

Bully

CAPS

MEGAMIDDIE

PINT

I think I can definitely count on 1 hand the number of people I’ve felt genuinely disrespected by someone in competitive tf2 and half of those people are either well known trolls, brits, or both. You may either be oversensitive, or you might be hanging around with the wrong people.

Another thing to consider is that if everyones rude to you, it might be that you’re just a dick and you’re the same to everyone else.

Last edited by MEGAMIDDIE,

Bartey

It’s fucking Valve. Haven’t done shit whole year long only adding hats I couldn’t fucking care less about. The last update I really appreciated was the Two Cities one, at least it was done professionally. After that, all pure ebola except the old weapon revamps. I’d rather not waste disk space downloading that shit. Just call the game as finished now please, don’t beat the dead corpse.
But hey, Valve is working hard on CS:GO and Dota! Both games are just like TF2 in reality. Dota is now bloated with these shitty ass looking cosmetics that they add in EVERY update http://i.imgur.com/tSTcJBU.jpg but hey! Gotta drop that 11 bomb on a tournament. What a great way to increase the lifespan of Dota by just giving away free money. The 11 mil event turned out to be worse than ESL Frankfurt. Maybe could use that to develop a matchmaking for TF2? Naw man, these kids give us way more by buying our community made cosmetics we take from our workshop. Dota is saturated after TI4, nothing interesting going on, no hype, no good games.
CS:GO got a shit ton of skins and homo stickers on your guns! CS:GO community consists of kids/adults talking about their favorite skin/sticker combos on HLTV.org, 70% of posts there has to do something with skins. CS is about SKINS now!!! You can now bet skins on games too. TY 4 EZ SKINS FANGAYS! Teams now throw for skins. They came up with statues you can choose that replace small structures in your base in Dota, SO COOL! That is the kind of shit we’ve gotten in TF2 the past years, so it’s not just TF2 Valve is milking money from with shitty updates.
And the irony is they limited our medals to one design per year to not cause bloating, HAHAHHAHA! Good job Valve!
The new era of skins and cosmetics is here, and is the future of gaming and funding tournaments! When will Valve bring in a new age of gaming with a new source engine? One day. No, wait. They can’t make any new counter-strikes, dotas or team fortresses because cosmetics are implemented and people payed money.
And still people are dick riding Valve as if they are any different from the other company. I am not impressed with Valve anymore. Half-Life 2, the best game ever made. Portal 2, one of the best games ever made. TF2, one of the best games ever made. CS:GO and Dota 2, great games! Then they found out about hats and how they won’t have to work for the rest of their life.

Last edited by Bartey,

Kaneco

if u wanna have a laugh at how tf2 is dying take a look at tf.tv esea thread, with the esea guys almost blackmailing players for monies (or else no invite) and all the americans graciously falling for it and even brigading against people criticizing esea.

This mentality is the stuff killing tf2, not a bunch of sheltered kids whose feelings were hurt because someone said they’re bad.

rviens

Quoted from Bartey

words

Stopped reading at shitty tournament. You are retarded and you are just ranting without a single argument. Go kill yourself.

Bartey

Quoted from rviens

[…]Stopped reading at shitty tournament. You are retarded and you are just ranting without a single argument. Go kill yourself.

Thanks! I will moba-lover. I will be reborn when Overwatch comes out to start a new journey.

kronis

NASA
hi im dog

is it tho?

Japtor

Just play the game if you enjoy it. I don’t even understand why this is suddenly so new, pretending TF2 leagues ever had comparable amounts of prize money as csgo and dota.
It’s still the same game, same gamemodes, only thing that changes is that some players move on to other games because they are simply bored of tf2, but why is this a huge deal for you, you who play in their own teams and friends, have fun with them and strife to become better at what you do? You never started to play comp because you were aiming to earn big money from leagues, you enjoyed the teamwork, communication and whatever that you could NOT find in pubs. You were trying to reach place one in the highest division because you wanted to become the best in your class, maybe even be famous within this community.

I followed this thread since the start, always smiling at what explanations you come up with.
Tf2 comp was officially never even alive, valve never supported it. It was always community funded, organized and executed. ONLY thing valve did was adding the medals to the game, which have been made by the community, too. This game is designed to be played by casual gamers since the very beginning, etf2l and other leagues managed to start 6v6, 9v9 and a whole lot of other modes, which are viable for competitive play obviously. Valve never planned to make this game the next huge comp game.
I have a feeling its the new cool thing to do, the current hypetrain, complain in videos and threads about how valve has abandoned us and how competitive is “dying” and the community has been lied to etc. The competitive scene is this community right here. It will only die if you choose to leave this game behind for whatever reason, and even then there will be more players who are interested in competitive.
So stfu and stop bitching about something that is not there.

Last edited by Japtor,

fraac

JOHN
CENATION

Quoted from kronis

is it tho?

nah it’s fine

Bloodyyy

(Weeaboo Nerd)
(XD ͜ʖXD)

Many words. Such wow..

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 ... 7 8 9 ... 13 Next »