Forum

Discussion Thread: s20 unlocks

Created 14th December 2014 @ 20:02

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 7 8 9 ... 12 Next »

Collaide

Quoted from Sideshow

[…] Ambassador spy is more use than scout.

wat

Sideshow

(ETF2L Donator)
ft.
WiK?

Quoted from Collaide

[…]

wat

http://logs.tf/581857

team won 4-0, I did 5k damage and my k/d wasn’t too bad, I caused havoc in their ranks, didn’t bottom damage or bottom frag.

hr

Quoted from baccart

[…]
I agree and I also never said that we should ban all unlocks, just to clear that out.

So you’d ban stuff like the force-a-nature right? Because we don’t have a use for it right now?

The attitude of banning stuff because people might troll with it is so wrong. Why not leave it up to the community to try and find a situation where a weapon is good? It only increases the skill level to introduce new possible situations and maybe somewhere the liberty launcher or the fan finds a use.

It’s possible that some unlocks are not ok because they break the metagame or slow it down too much like (possibly?) the scottish resistance but unless you come up with a legit reason no-one will take it seriously.

Quoted from baccart

And like i said before, we should forget what VALVE thinks. They changed game, so we should have right to change it for better too.

I don’t think anyone here is arguing about adding things because valve will like it because we all know that they won’t support 6v6 ever but things should be banned for a reason not allowed for a reason.

Raptor

BTWFC
S-O

Quoted from hr

But things should be banned for a reason not allowed for a reason.

+1

baccart

IsF:LT

Quoted from hr

[…]
things should be banned for a reason not allowed for a reason.

TL;DR of what I was writing before

Anyway, I don’t think statement “it’s useless item” is a reason to allow weapon.

hr

Quoted from baccart

[…]

TL;DR of what I was writing before

Anyway, I don’t think statement “it’s useless item” is a reason to allow weapon.

What I’m saying is a weapon should be allowed by default unless there is a good reason to ban it. Name me one other e-sport that bans something because ‘it’s useless’.

baccart

IsF:LT

Quoted from hr

[…]
What I’m saying is a weapon should be allowed by default unless there is a good reason to ban it. Name me one other e-sport that bans something because ‘it’s useless’.

No other FPS game has that many weapons :)

And name any other e-sport community which would be fucked so hard by their developers.

Edit:
I feel like I don’t have anything more to contribute for this discussion, we’re coming back to the same points again. If I haven’t proven anything with my posts, I won’t ever do that.

TF2 is not an ordinary game, we can’t really compare it with others.

Peace,
-Baccart

Last edited by baccart,

birdy

(ETF2L Donator)
GoodE

Quoted from hr

[…]

exactly i’m glad someone else here can see that

Bona

PMW

Quoted from Sideshow

[…]

http://logs.tf/581857

team won 4-0, I did 5k damage and my k/d wasn’t too bad, I caused havoc in their ranks, didn’t bottom damage or bottom frag.

GET CARRIED SON

Bona

PMW

Quoted from hr

[…]
things should be banned for a reason not allowed for a reason.

This so much <3

damneasy

i played with dh today, its really fun but playing against it is so aids and boring

Bery

Seizs
LoL

ban liberty launcher or give us baby face blaster! :D

Bona

PMW

Quoted from damneasy

i played with dh today, its really fun but playing against it is so aids and boring

Just because you got airpounded doesn’t mean it’s aids and boring :^)

Arthur

WM

First day on pickup I haven’t heard any complaints about the new weapons, instead they where all complaining about the Force of Nature :D

repu

played with the shortstop, and against the shortstop as medic, in a couple of mixes today. really fun to use. the increased healing bonus is really noticeable when picking up kits. the knockback bonus helps when getting away from soldiers. doesn’t deal too much damage up-close, but it really encourages tracking. 

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 7 8 9 ... 12 Next »