Forum

Discussion Thread: s20 unlocks

Created 14th December 2014 @ 20:02

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 ... 12 Next »

ash

(Legend)
:D

Check out our recent newspost regarding a cooperation with tf2pickup.net & whitelist.tf to offer players a chance to test out potential unlocks for s20 in a competitive setting.

The exact list of unlocks is in said newspost. Read it.

This thread is for discussion only. Off-topic will be deleted.

Last edited by ash,

Phnx

no weapons that encourage being dumb e.g: dead ringer, market gardener or any jumpers.

kindred

myx
SDCK!

Quoted from Phnx

no weapons that encourage being dumb e.g: dead ringer, market gardener or any jumpers[…]

[…] are on the newspost

fraac

JOHN
CENATION

Still no sticky jumper?

ash

(Legend)
:D

Quoted from kindred

[…]

[…] are on the newspost

I shouldve clarified that anyhow. Edited OP.

fluo

traphouse
ceo

if allowed the cow mangler will become the ultimate roamer weapon

Collaide

Scottish resistance:

Allow it because it’s harmless.

smultron

(ETF2L Donator)
HKN!

Nice, but frontier justice is just bullshit

Bona

PMW

Quoted from Phnx

no weapons that encourage being dumb e.g: dead ringer, market gardener or any jumpers.

Exactly how is using sticky jumper to get really fast to mid with full HP a dumb play as surprise? Market garden is also not bad at all, it encourages people to get better at jumping and strafing.

Bloodyyy

(Weeaboo Nerd)
(XD ͜ʖXD)

rip 6s

rytis

PrettyGay

Quoted from Collaide

Scottish resistance:

I dont get this one, its not like the scottish resistance is any better than the sticky launcher in any sort of aspect tbh, the slow detonation time just kills it. why allow it? I mean it wont do any harm, yet it wont impact the game in any way :D

Permzilla

(Legend)
(☞゚ヮ゚)☞
WiK?

Quoted from Collaide

Scottish resistance:

I’d rather not allow a weapon that only has one impact – slow the game down. Call me crazy.

Unlocks per each class you need to consider:
Scout: Candy Cane.

Candy Cane – an interesting weapon with more of a downside than upside, allowed in ESEA and is a valid replacement, not overpowered or broken.

Soldier: Mantreads, Righteous Bison, maybe Market Gardner, maybe Equalizer.

Mantreads – are useless and will probably never be useful as you almost never land on someone’s head.

Righteous Bison – Allowed in ESEA and is a valid replacement to the Shotgun, not overpowered and not broken.

Market Gardner – Allowed in ESEA and is also a valid replacement to the current unbanned melee weapons, requires quite a skill to land one of those and is also a hell of a thing to watch, not overpowered but does have a small bug with it that allows to jump after an rj to keep the momentum and get a guaranteed crit so idk.

Equalizer – It’s a tricky unlock that might be used wrongly, but it’s also a risky weapon that is a valid replacement, could be useful but also could be bad, this needs testing.

Pyro: Manmelter.

Manmelter – A valid replacement to the pyro’s secondaries, allowe in ESEA and doesn’t seem to effect our game too much, yet could be potentially used wisely, not overpowered or broken.

Demoman: Eyelander, Claidheamh Mòr, Charge’n’Targe, Splendid Screen.

Eyelander & Claidheamh Mòr – Both allowed in ESEA and are rarely used however can be in order to add variety to the Demoman melee weapons, both are neat unlocks, none are overpowered or broken.

Charge’n’Targe & Splendid Screen – Both allowed in ESEA, again, rarely used and add variety to the Demoman secondary weapons, none are overpowered or broken.

Heavy: Holiday Punch.

Holiday punch – Got allowed in the upcoming whitelist league of eSource, which also is very interesting unlock that requires quite a risky play to get a heavy behind a team and manage to punch them in the back, you deserve to see them laughing, not broken and totally viable.

Engie: Eureka Effect.

Eureka Effect – totally not broken and recently got nerfed, harmless and can be a replacement to the current melee weapons, not broken and not overpowered.

Medic: Vaccinator.

Vaccinator – Allowed in ESEA and should be considered to see if viable and won’t cause stalemates, never saw it used in any ESEA match I’ve seen, heard it’s viable to hold last with and could be interesting, would totally allow it to see if it’s viable.

Sniper: Huntsman, Cozy Camper.

Huntsman – Allowed in ESEA and is an interesting unlock, not overpowered not broken and can be tested out to see.

Cozy Camper – Interesting unlock that is a valid replacement to the SMG, Allowed in ESEA, isn’t broken or overpowered.

Spy: Good as it is.

Last edited by JackyLegs,

retz

Quoted from rytis

[…]
I dont get this one, its not like the scottish resistance is any better than the sticky launcher in any sort of aspect tbh, the slow detonation time just kills it. why allow it? I mean it wont do any harm, yet it wont impact the game in any way :D

In my opinion it can be way better, the only downside it has is the slower detonation time, compared to the fact that you can literally nullify stickytraps, you can use the separated sticky dets in many efficient ways, 14 stickies, shoot them faster, you can also see your own through walls.
I think the upsides might be a bit better than the downside it has

rytis

PrettyGay

Quoted from retz

[…]

In my opinion it can be way better, the only downside it has is the slower detonation time, compared to the fact that you can literally nullify stickytraps, you can use the separated sticky dets in many efficient ways, 14 stickies, shoot them faster, you can also see your own through walls.
I think the upsides might be a bit better than the downside it has

in no way shape or form the scottish resistance is better than the sticky launcher

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 ... 12 Next »