Quoted from Admirable

tf2 isn’t dead til I say so D:<

MEGAMIDDIE

PINT

Quoted from konr

[…]Whooooaaa this got a bit real

It also got pretty fucking funny if you ask me

byte

Can completely understand your feelings Lange, and it’s happened and will happen to all of us at some stage in their TF2 career. I knew this about yourself when I met you for the first time @ lan, and then at i52 that’s when I saw you were above what TF2 could offer you back. Especially as you are mightily talented.

It’s a shame for this community, as you are a huge element of it, people come and go and hopefully others will step up in your shoes and fill that gap. I don’t think anyone here think’s TF2 is going to be huge or isn’t dying. Yes it is dying and yes it’s getting worse and worse in terms of skill factor.

But the main thing in all of this is, that it’s still going and there are still enough people out there wanting to carry the torch and play this game in it’s glory. Human’s desires by default will always want the fame, the recognition. While there are people in the pool you’ll still have TF2 going.

While I made a decision to leave the scene of TF2 this year, I burnt out ages ago (2012) but still held on for 2/3 years and figured I’d give something back and bring new players in/while managing VTV/events. My main reason was rl, and for others who are in control of the scene it will be similarly the same either rl will take over priorities or you’ll burn out.

No TF2 isn’t dead, Yes Valve couldn’t give a flying fuck about a 7yr old game (in business terms you’re all lucky they’ve spent 7 years on it thus so far), and yes you are losing a valuable member – Lange.

Someone else step up he’ll still be around to help if you need to ask some Q’s I’m sure!

Cheers

Byte

Marty

lala

Quoted from 4hp

Hell, I have more hours on tf2 than Marty and I’ve never been more than a mediocre pyro main, how ridiculous is that?

it should be said I have 1200-something hours on an old account tho so dont be talkin smack bruh 8]]]]

biskuu

HF!
pizza

IT IS TIME FOR FORTRESS FOREVER TO GO BIG!!

hr

It’s been said a million times before and I think we all know the reasons Valve don’t want to support 6’s. It’s just a shame that TF2 is an arena shooter disguised as a casual game or however you want to look at it.

Valve doesn’t want to support us without an open whitelist or whatever it is and we don’t want to play with the garbage that valve puts in the game. I’d personally rather play a small but good game to a game than a game that is played for loads of money and has two engies with zap guns running around (or highlander).

Having said this Valve probably doesn’t want to support comp TF2 at all even if it matched exactly what they don’t think is a stale metagame or whatever it was they said because it’s just a casual game to them.

Clark

SDCK!

This video and Marty’s response made me really depressed because I realized I can relate to both almost 100%.

I know that many of community members just like myself started out on publics, quickly became involved in the game spending hours on it every evening, most eventually became administrators of their their nations’ respective public servers and then asked themselves – is that it? Where do I go from here? Googled the question and it brought them to ETF2L website, where they started to play to win as well as for fun.

And I doubt any of them had at that point (2008 for me, that’s how long ago it was) thoughts like: “This game’s good but it’s never going to be big”. Because I thought it was going to be HUGE. And only years later I came to the conclusion how awfully, no, exceedingly wrong I actually was.

This game is meant to bring joy, but the way it’s treated is truly and undeniably sad.

fraac

JOHN
CENATION

Agree wiith Kaneco, might as well make the letter public at this point. I would’ve thought that approaching them as adults would’ve got a response too, but if it’s not top of r/tf2 or in a Star_ video…

Admirable

(Toucan Ambassador)

Just to clarify, the letter hasn’t failed… yet :D

We were in a short initial conversation with Valve which actually resulted in them asking us to send the letter we had drafted. We know they have received it and are just giving them time* to respond.

See you in Season 20!

*Valve Time

fraac

JOHN
CENATION

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rx93rWP_MsQ

haris

FLANK

Quoted from Admirable

We were in a short initial conversation with Valve which actually resulted in them asking us to send the letter we had drafted. We know they have received it and are just giving them time* to respond.

See you in Season 20!

*Valve Time

If I could compete that would be awesome, and if Valve could optimize their game that would be amazing aswell. A 7 year old game isnt supposed to run on 15 fps on my 3 year old laptop. Yeah, it may have shit specs, but it should run TF2 with a DirectX 8 at atleast 30 fps stable. Yet CSGO- a newer title runs on 45 fps without a config. Goes to show that Valve doesnt give a fuck about the game. I know this is off topic, but I just wanted to put that out.

Last edited by haris,

san alex

Quoted from Marty

[…]

it should be said I have 1200-something hours on an old account tho so dont be talkin smack bruh 8]]]]

I remember at least 2 6s prem players with 1000 hours. And I know a guy with 10k hours that is div 6. Its not about how many hours you play tf2. Its about how do you spend your time playing.

.Constantine

(ETF2L Tomator)
(ノಠOಠ)ノ

Quoted from Admirable

See you in Season 20!

*Valve Time

Gotta release half life 3 first

#justvalvethings

Last edited by .Constantine,

Meeto

We’ve gotten by this long without Valves support, why would that suddenly change now? Because they didn’t respond to a letter? If Valve ends up taking an interest (and they have if the matchmaking rumours are to be believed) then great. If they don’t, well, no use crying about it. I suppose it’s a bigger problem in America where the only real league they have is ESEA, ran by jews, instead of a community league ran by Germans.

ducky

Quoted from Meeto

I suppose it’s a bigger problem in America where the only real league they have is ESEA, ran by jews, instead of a community league ran by Germans.

What are you talking about, Permzilla is british :D

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next »