Hohoho, https://steamcommunity.com/updates/broadcasting

This should be fun. (Am I late?)

ash

(Legend)
:D

Ooooooh – this may be good!

Bob Bami

Can you like enable/disable it?
Hopefully this is the case, if you’re practicing something no one knows about everyone can spy on you!

profix

FLANK

Anyone wanna see my 289 skyrim nude mods? ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Bloodis

(Legend)
(๑╹ω╹๑ )

Something about this makes me think that there can be big security holes in that as it’s in beta too if you can stream your desktop even and not just the game, but this is just me being paranoid I guess.

It’s interesting however, it does seem simple to use and it’s not limited to Steam-only games, but I don’t know will ghosting be a bigger issue because of this and how it could be helped with.

Vitilumi

tbd

Quoted from Bob Bami

Can you like enable/disable it?
Hopefully this is the case, if you’re practicing something no one knows about everyone can spy on you!

Yes you can disable it, I think when someone tries to “watch” you for the first time, you get a few options to allow (or not) certain groups to watch you.

Relior

hf

Does it influence your internet connection or pc in any way or is it streamed via steam servers or something?

ash

(Legend)
:D

Quoted from Relior

Does it influence your internet connection or pc in any way or is it streamed via steam servers or something?

The faq states you can edit bitrate settings etc so I’m sure it uses your bandwidth.

AnimaL

Quoted from Relior

its just like streaming with obs

my experience was that internet went to shit when someone starts watching and game stutters just like with obs

its great for casual games, or quick show me how things… but i would imagine anyone serious about tf2/cs will not be using it as daily streaming method since twitch is so much better

Last edited by AnimaL,

maxxx.lfc

⇗upp⇙

twitch will die soon

MEGAMIDDIE

PINT

it’s not great

got huge stutters on cs:go where I usually wouldn’t see any diff on OBS

Bob Bami

it’s in beta, you shouldn’t expect OBS level, hopefully they will inprove it so it’s barely noticable.
Then it would be a great feature

Quoted from Relior

if it wouldnt, twitch would have bought it already for milions

MEGAMIDDIE

PINT

Quoted from Bob Bami

it’s in beta, you shouldn’t expect OBS level, hopefully they will inprove it so it’s barely noticable.
Then it would be a great feature

I’m just saying, it’s not the end of the world as twitch knows it. There’s a long way to go

hr

Quoted from Relior

Imagine if they made a way to upload a TF2 demo live which is then processed on their end and sent out as video real time – that would be fucking sick.

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »