Forum

HAPPENING THREAD - Valve introducing Comp matchmaking

Created 31st October 2014 @ 09:17

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 7 8

Tuffy

pd!

In my opinion, adding the arena respawn would be a bad idea. It’s a good gamemode, but it’s not representative of TF2. This gamemode is DM fortress, not TEAM fortress. Highlander is much closer to what is really Team fortress, nine classes, an objective, and a teamplay. More welcoming for new players.

Last edited by Tuffy,

z3kron

/Rimti/

This would be a fun thing but lets hope that those pub players who transicion from pub play to competetive play, i would call it matchmaking not competetive doe because it aint competetive if its a random mix of pubers with limits and pre-determined maps and i hardly daught any strategies will be involved in this, wont come here stating im rank *random number* /or *Marasmus Bumper-Car expert IV* prem me n00bs

rockie

Quoted from z3kron

This would be a fun thing but lets hope that those pub players who transicion from pub play to competetive play, i would call it matchmaking not competetive doe because it aint competetive if its a random mix of pubers with limits and pre-determined maps and i hardly daught any strategies will be involved in this, wont come here stating im rank *random number* /or *Marasmus Bumper-Car expert IV* prem me n00bs

well, dota and csgo matchmakings can’t be classed like competitive matchmaking…

Last edited by rockie,

z3kron

/Rimti/

Quoted from rockie

[…]

well, dota and csgo matchmakings can’t be classed like competitive matchmaking…

Bingo but if u read thru previous posts people call it competetive and tf2 competetive – etf2l is way easier to reach than csgo or dota competetive because basicaly every league there is like esea invite X 5 so the things i mentioned are way more likely to occur here because u can just make a post / team

I like the competitive scene of TF2 as it is, it’s been here for long and it seems there are people who stand by it even though it changes. Sure it is quite sad that it is not considered a serious eSport but we have a really cool scene in my opinion.

If this 5v5 becomes a thing let it be MM-stylish and basically a DM server for all of us who have learned different game modes in ETF2L and such. It might become interesting for people who have played dota 2 or CS:GO and when they see TF2 MM they might actually start to think that TF2 could become a serious eSport but not with 5v5 arena respawn. That is when we at ETF2L need to attract them towards us to try 6v6 and Highlander game modes.

Valve could support MM and sell cosmetics like right now.

Kumimarja

Assuming Valve is really going to add some sort of “highlander” matchmaking, I think this is great. Even though at first it will be nothing like etf2l or even ugc it would be a nice way to introduce new people to competitive, even if it is only in the most basic pub matchmaking form.

Last edited by Kumimarja,

Bob Bami

I’d like to see this matchmaking thing.
But there should be ranks since i don’t want to play with 100 hour traders who think they’re realy good. Also TF2 is free to play. make it so you buy tf2 or just buy something for it otherwise there would be a shit ton of alts, the amount its happening in CS:GO is a lot already and thinking that tf2 is f2p means there will probably be even more.
Pubbers getting stomped realy hard might make them mad about “comp tf2” and never want to join it.

Last edited by Bob Bami,

Spreijer

CONCORDIA

And then we get 5v5 MOBA with MvM bots as creeps and upgradeable weapon stats and some level 4 sentries as towers.

On a serious note, addition of tf2 streams in game with the comp matchmaking would be good for newbies to find out about comp and check some games and know that something like tf2 comp exists and people play it.

Kengur

You simply need a global list of STV servers for that to work.

Quoted from Spreijer

addition of tf2 streams in game

Now that sounds really nice

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 7 8