Forum

HAPPENING THREAD - Valve introducing Comp matchmaking

Created 31st October 2014 @ 09:17

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 ... 8 Next »

Marty

lala

Apparently testinglol posted a thread on facepunch – a guy who is known to leak major updates.

http://puu.sh/cxfwt/ebbab56067.png

Competitive matchmaking and ranking system. How will they rank players? How do they determine ones skill, and will they include Highlander only, 12v12 or 6s?

Hetzer

How would that even work, noobies dont know how to play competitive

They would just heavy to mid

Last edited by Hetzer,

Scissors

(ETF2L Donator)

inb4 12v12 no classlimits, random crits on, damagespread matchmaking

Bloodis

(Legend)
(๑╹ω╹๑ )

//—————————————————————————–
// Purpose: returns true if we are running highlander mode
//—————————————————————————–
bool CTeamplayRoundBasedRules::IsInHighlanderMode( void )
{
#if defined( TF_CLIENT_DLL ) || defined( TF_DLL )
// can’t use highlander mode and the queue system
if ( IsInArenaMode() == true && tf_arena_use_queue.GetBool() == true )
return false;
return mp_highlander.GetBool();
#else
return false;
#endif
}
int CTeamplayRoundBasedRules::GetBonusRoundTime( void )
{
return MAX( 5, mp_bonusroundtime.GetFloat() );
}

ConVar mp_highlander( “mp_highlander”, “0”, FCVAR_REPLICATED | FCVAR_NOTIFY, “Allow only 1 of each player class type.” );

Most likely it will at least start with highlander, better than nothing I’d guess?

Fuxx

REMOVE

More like “pub with classlimits set to 1” matchmaking

Marty

lala

There’s literally nothing wrong with maining Highlander

Spycy

TC.Express

It’s funny how everytime there’s something HL related happening, there’s always a few 6v6 players showing how butthurt they are.

Beater

Danmark
LEGO

They will definitely start with highlander. It’s just so much simpler to have an automatic system organize.

Fuxx

REMOVE

This is going to be exactly like MvM: a complete and utter shitfest of asinine retardation unless you buy a ticket and get to play with people who aren’t complete morons.

How is Valve going to ensure the standard of the competitive matchmaking is higher than pubs? I wouldn’t compare it to TF2C because there is a difference between a well coded, admin-ran, mumble implemented website known only to a few thousand people and a big flashy unregulated matchpage accessible to the entire TF2 community.

I can already see them selling “Premium Matchmaking tickets” or some other cashgrab like that so as to promise players that they’ll be playing only with others who also bought these tickets. Because as we know, people are more likely to serious up if they paid money for something.

No hype from me, sorry.

Russian Guyovich

(Surging Meat Cable)
[T-A!]LoS

Quoted from Spycy

It’s funny how everytime there’s something HL related happening, there’s always a few 6v6 players showing how butthurt they are.

I don’t see any

Scissors

(ETF2L Donator)

Quoted from Fuxx

No hype from me, sorry.

you say this now, but just wait and see if it wont chance once you see the new unusual-golden-killstreak-pro-competitive-hats you will get for playing it

Fuxx

REMOVE

Quoted from Scissors

[…]

you say this now, but just wait and see if it wont chance once you see the new unusual-golden-killstreak-pro-competitive-hats you will get for playing it

And that’s not a completely unsubtle cashgrab because… ?

Valve is not going to do anyone any favors, it’s all about how much money they can squeeze out of this game. That is the big red flag that tells me it wont be of good quality.

Marty

lala

Then again, if Valve is considering making TF2 a serious e-sport and feature tournaments with cash prizes, this is probably the first step in that direction.

Kengur

If they implement TF2Center inside Steam may be ppl stop butthurt about their admin stuff.

Scissors

(ETF2L Donator)

Quoted from Fuxx

[…]

And that’s not a completely unsubtle cashgrab because… ?

is sarcasm just not a thing in countries south of Denmark or what, this is like the third time in a week

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 ... 8 Next »