Forum

unjustified ban on lupus

Created 24th October 2014 @ 13:10

Locked Pages: 1 2 Next »

maidos

So lupus told me he got a message by the admin to upload a pov demo AFTER the season was over. he didnt get banned due to this season but the season before. But whats retarded is that the admin decided to ask for lupus pov demo when its around 2-3 months after and expect him to check the email for the notification which is not reliable since many ppl do receive emails from etf2l to their junk mail. and u cant expect someone to check his junk mail everyday considering u getn shitloads of spams.

pov in question http://etf2l.org/matches/50692/

if u want to notify members do it via etf2l private message. make it more redundant since atm this is a bs ban

Last edited by maidos,

kindred

myx
SDCK!

Please send me an “etf2l private message”

maidos

re-enable it so only admins can send and user only receive messags
wordpress has that system by default so how hard is it to use that function?

Last edited by maidos,

jx53

Wait wait wait? They send relevant shit to email? Any other way they will contact us if needed?

quintosh

wL.

wow fuck these rules holy shit

i dont know man but these topics come up in every season and people are still unable to keep their demos until the wrapup post

Last edited by quintosh,

Phnx

lol why should someone save demos for a season that is already over.
absurd.

Sonny Black

(Legend)
SUAVE

Quoted from maidos

So lupus told me he got a message by the admin to upload a pov demo AFTER the season was over.

Only because Lupus said it was after the season does not mean it was after the season. Instead of listening to someone who is clearly not objective, maybe read the rules instead.

2.4 Every player has to record Demos

Demos can be requested by an admin or any player of the opposing team.
Admins may request demos up to the end of the competition the match was played in (until the wrap up post is published). [...]

The POV was requested on August 3rd and the Wrap-up post was released on August 13th.

kindred

myx
SDCK!

Quoted from Phnx

absurd.

because they should read the rules (which are posted in every demo request) and know not to delete demos until the wrapup post

private_meta

STDs

Quoted from jx53

Wait wait wait? They send relevant shit to email? Any other way they will contact us if needed?

Yes they do, that’s why you should have a valid email added that you check regularly. Most stuff will be received by team leaders and should be forwarded to the players in question if they want to call themselves proper leaders.

Popcorp

But what happens if your PC/HDD or w/e died and you had to re-install Windows and all your Data got wiped?

ash

(Legend)
:D

Quoted from Popcorp

But what happens if your PC/HDD or w/e died and you had to re-install Windows and all your Data got wiped?

Shit happens.

You only get a ban after missing the upload twice, mind.

ondkaja

IKEA

Quoted from jx53

Not for demo requests. It’s not our job to add hundreds of people on steam to make sure they upload the requested demos, that would take too much time from more important work. If you don’t upload the demo within 72 hours we give you a second chance to get the minor warning removed if you upload them after the warning have been applied.

Quoted from Popcorp

There’s no way for us to confirm if you lost your demo files legitimately or just use it as an excuse because you didn’t record or don’t want to upload the demos.

Last edited by ondkaja,

MARS^

(ETF2L Donator)
ANIMA
Nein

It’s not like he got banned because he didn’t upload ONE demo…I think it’s pretty obvious who’s in the right here.

jx53

Quoted from ondkaja

[…]

Not for demo requests. It’s not our job to add hundreds of people on steam to make sure they upload the requested demos, that would take too much time from more important work. If you don’t upload the demo within 72 hours we give you a second chance to get the minor warning removed if you upload them after the warning have been applied.

[…]

There’s no way for us to confirm if you lost your demo files legitimately or just use it as an excuse because you didn’t record or don’t want to upload the demos.

Will I see the warning here or something? because I haven’t used that email for a year (or email in general).
Will there be anything in the match page about the demo?

Herr_P

IKEA

Quoted from Phnx

absurd.

If you don’t have your demos from your first ever pcw you’re a scrublord.

Besides, since demos are just data you can compress the fuck out of them in a zip/7z/whatever-you-fancy. I think I got 2-3 years of demos saved in somewhere around 1-2GB.

Last edited by Herr_P,

Locked Pages: 1 2 Next »