Forum

ETF2L Admins unrighteously punishing our team - aka salty loss v2

Created 15th September 2014 @ 22:50

Locked Pages: 1 2 ... 7 Next »

Swedish Santa

After we played our first tiebreakers from the 1st opponents + having to play a ~30minute golden cap (3 golden captures) we were ready to face our opponents project 01 for the next tiebreaker game.

However, project 01 could not show up as they could not play at 21:45 CET. Fine, they do not show up, we get the default win, right?

RIGHT?

….

Well no.
Project 01 gets the default win instead with the reason that WE were not there when THEY were prepared. (We were STILL playing our tiebreaker with the first opponent at that moment, just to clarify)

No hate towards the very honorable team project 01 but my anger is pointed towards the administrators from the European Team Fortress 2 League. They used faulty rules, and somewhat litterally just flipped us the bird.

ETF2L has not agreed on a match with project 01 this evening or tomorrow and neither they have chosen to compensate for the damage causing our team.

I will post the message Deox got from one admin.

ETF2L, I am VERY disappointed on you.

[no posting admin logs]

AnimaL

And you have not yet realised that admins set rules as they go? lol welcome to etf2l, get over it

hr

Welcome to every cup run by etf2l ever

Alfie

(ETF2L Donator)
bobs

Quoted from Swedish Santa

[21:29] Not pleased in the slightest, make your rules more set in stone and visible

The problem was that the rules WERE set in stone. Saying that they weren’t implies that the rules were bent, which they specifically weren’t.

There was no clause stating what would happen if a golden cap overlaps the another match start time. Seems strange that there was no communication between your team and the other team. If I were to be the other team’s leader, I would wait as long as I could, ignoring the fact being able to default win after 15 minutes. Perhaps they didn’t know your situation so they just defaulted?

Morgus

The screens we sent to the admins:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/xjw7p5bvz6o6vdu/Captura%20de%20pantalla%202014-09-15%2022.04.48.png?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/pvm4njtbdcxo37k/Captura%20de%20pantalla%202014-09-15%2022.04.37.png?dl=0

And the ones to blame are both teams playing and the people on the stream, how would it ever make sense to use a timelimit for the golden cap and then just go play another.
From other point of view, golden caps only make sense on knockout stages, why can’t people just draw a match?

Edit to answer Alfie: we were watching the stream and I said it there, we waited but when the third golden cap was starting I was simply mad.

Last edited by Morgus,

Scissors

(ETF2L Donator)

It’s an unfortunate situation, but if the rules had been followed, we wouldn’t have had this problem to begin with. No matter what, simply just letting the 10 minute timer run out twice in a row without doing anything whatsoever, is pretty lame. Especially considering that it was being casted. Atleast sideshow and turbotabs kept us entertained by dicussing fashion.

Meeto

Quoted from Scissors

It’s an unfortunate situation, but if the rules had been followed, we wouldn’t have had this problem to begin with. No matter what, simply just letting the 10 minute timer run out twice in a row without doing anything whatsoever, is pretty lame. Especially considering that it was being casted. Atleast sideshow and turbotabs kept us entertained by dicussing fashion.

There was no rule regarding this type of situation. That’s the problem.

Swedish Santa

Quoted from Scissors

I respect the casters for keeping the people entretained. We would have loved to push from second point but on an equal situation with 6 men on each side with über ready to deplot, it would have been an imminent loss for us as it is brutal to push from second to mid without an advantage. We were completely powerless in this situation.

Popcorp

Im glad that there’s Timelimit, else we would see that 1st GC going forever

Seagulls had a Sniper, so it was kindaaa 6v5 if you would’ve pushed properly, or just let a roamer suicide for a pick/force, you wouldnt have lost anything anyway, they would push with Uber, yours would be later, it would be 5v5 (excluding sniper)

Imagine i52 matches having the same situation, it wouldnt be interesting

Oxy

TC.Express

Just on another note; anyone playing golden caps with a 10 min timer was doing it wrong anyway (I think?)

“If the score is tied after the timelimit has been reached, a decider round (golden cap) will have to be played. The golden cap will be played with winlimit 1 and timelimit 0.”

Samski

Bully

Oxy that is usually the case but today they changed the rules for today

Rules are the same as during Group Stages, with one exception: Golden Caps are limited to 10 minutes! Tiebreaker games may also be rescheduled if both teams agree.

So this ruleset was the cause of the problem!

Schalalaa

Seagulls

Blame Tom.

Scissors

(ETF2L Donator)

Quoted from Meeto

[…]

There was no rule regarding this type of situation. That’s the problem.

According to the admin I spoke with, the old GC rules applies for cups, since there is a time-table to follow.

Coleman

TEZC
TEZC

I heard a certain admin may have done a certain thing. . .

Samski

Bully

Quoted from Scissors

[…]

According to the admin I spoke with, the old GC rules applies for cups, since there is a time-table to follow.

You say that scissors that it was said to you but never was this stated publicly in the post about the logjam cup – nowhere does it say that along with the rules stated in the logjam posts that any rules from previous cups are to be included.

Locked Pages: 1 2 ... 7 Next »