Forum

FFS Windows

Created 6th September 2014 @ 09:09

Add A Reply Pages: 1

Vitilumi

tbd

Ever since I downloaded Windows 8.1, I’ve been getting lower FPS. It gets to around 65 in mid fights which is fine but there is a constant delay in actions and it’s very noticeable. This affects my game play because I can drop an uber very easily from this delay.

Does anyone have this problem to? Or does anyone know how to fix this? I am already using an FPS config and I don’t think it is possible to make my TF2 look any more Minecraft and L4D (loads of blocks, classes have no eyes or expressions thus looking like zombies lol.)

In case anyone is wondering, I am using an Acer Aspire laptop and I currently don’t have enough money to buy a desktop so don’t bother with any “Just buy a desktop” comments. :D

NeuTronas

I installed win 8.1 recently as well on my laptop. I am having lag spikes on TF2 all the time now.
That’s the lowest graphics I config’ed for myself: http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/45355317824957869/57D0CB2E0CA04837FD2A1CFB0DA8399B3F641D78/
However I still get lag spikes. I don’t think it’s fix’able

Last edited by NeuTronas,

retz

Windows 8 is total garbage imo, the only time I installed it it kept giving me several errors on everything, I switched back to windows 7 which remains the best

rockie

using 8.1 for almost a year now, on my desktop works fine, it’s faster in terms of loadings and stuff than win 7, and it seemed to me that in terms of gaming performance is even (and i don’t have a supercomputer)

CHERRY

Quoted from rockie

using 8.1 for almost a year now, on my desktop works fine, it’s faster in terms of loadings and stuff than win 7, and it seemed to me that in terms of gaming performance is even (and i don’t have a supercomputer)

Me too, I even use it on my tablet with 4c Atom processor and 2GB RAM and everything’s running smoothly.

AnAkkk

Quoted from NeuTronas

I installed win 8.1 recently as well on my laptop. I am having lag spikes on TF2 all the time now.
That’s the lowest graphics I config’ed for myself: http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/45355317824957869/57D0CB2E0CA04837FD2A1CFB0DA8399B3F641D78/
However I still get lag spikes. I don’t think it’s fix’able

Try Linux. No lag spikes here, works fine. :)

CeeGee

(Knutsson Fanboy)
doggo

Quoted from Vitilumi

Ever since I downloaded Windows 8.1, I’ve been getting lower FPS. It gets to around 65 in mid fights which is fine but there is a constant delay in actions and it’s very noticeable.

Often Windows update will only have older drivers for everything by default. Check your hardware vendors for up to date driver versions for all your hardware.

Vitilumi

tbd

Updated drivers, back on 150 FPS again. Thanks!

emb

(Legend)
ciortai

Quoted from AnAkkk

[…]

Try Linux. No lag spikes here, works fine. :)

TF2 is one of the few games that actually runs better on Linux than on Windows. Valve did a pretty good job on the port.

AnimaL

Quoted from emb

[…]

TF2 is one of the few games that actually runs better on Linux than on Windows. Valve did a pretty good job on the port.

assuming you would want to play without graphics config, which is like no one in here

CHERRY

Quoted from emb

[…]

As long as you’re using NVidia, but that’s mostly AMDs fault.

Add A Reply Pages: 1