Forum

Small medpacks are weird.

Created 28th August 2014 @ 15:38

Add A Reply Pages: 1

Marf

Strejk

Okay, so I have a question which bugged me out for a long time and nobody told me the answer to yet.
It’s a minor thing, but I just want to know:
When you’re a Soldier and pick up a small medpack, it sometimes gives 40 health and sometimes it gives 41, and it doesn’t seem to change while you’re staying on the same map. What causes the 1 HP difference? Is it some calculation error, or does it have to do something with your loadout? I dunno.

Last edited by Marf,

Falcon0408

wiki says small health packs heal 20.5%, no idea why.

byte

20.5% of your class health, so of a soldier that’d be 40hp 0.5% gives you +1 so 41hp.
It should be consistent as well, the only time it should be more is I think if you use the battalions backup.

Cheers

Byte

Last edited by byte,

Marf

Strejk

Quoted from byte

20.5% of your class health, so of a soldier that’d be 40hp 0.5% gives you +1 so 41hp.
It should be consistent as well, the only time it should be more is I think if you use the battalions backup.

Cheers

Byte

Nah, it happens with shotgun/gunboats, and it’s always rounded down to 40 (when it occurs). I’d assume it’s some floating point calculation going wrong occasionally.

Menty

myx
Nein

I usually get 40 but rarely 41. No clue why but I don’t get mad for getting 1 free hp

Fuxx

REMOVE

Because OCD?

Valve has addressed this issue before and have revealed that small medpacks and ammopacks are supposed to give 25%, but for some reason they have an intrinsic flaw in their coding that thinks 25% = 20.5%. They have been looking for the cause of this problem for years to no avail.

It used to be that 20.5% gave always 41 health to soldiers and 41 metal to engies, but a “recent” (not sure when) update made it a 50/50 probability.

lol

Bloodis

(Legend)
(๑╹ω╹๑ )

I remember it being for years that they just give 40hp back, but then for a month or two it gave 41hp always and now it changes sometimes between them.

It’s odd, I thought at some point that some of the configs on servers do change that do they give 1hp extra or not.

Fuxx

REMOVE

Years?

Started playing in 2008 and the first thing I got confused about was the 41 metal I got when playing engie.

TWEEKARN\

ez-sports.ru

OCD thread.

Permzilla

(Legend)
(☞゚ヮ゚)☞
WiK?

Quoted from Fuxx

Because OCD?

Valve has addressed this issue before and have revealed that small medpacks and ammopacks are supposed to give 25%, but for some reason they have an intrinsic flaw in their coding that thinks 25% = 20.5%. They have been looking for the cause of this problem for years to no avail.

It used to be that 20.5% gave always 41 health to soldiers and 41 metal to engies, but a “recent” (not sure when) update made it a 50/50 probability.

lol

25% of 200 is 50, and I’m pretty sure you don’t get 50 from a small pack.

jx53

Quoted from Permzilla

[…]

25% of 200 is 50, and I’m pretty sure you don’t get 50 from a small pack.

what

Permzilla

(Legend)
(☞゚ヮ゚)☞
WiK?

Quoted from jx53

[…]

what

Sorry, I read that it either gave 25% or 20.5% 50/50. My bad.

Droidster

tavi

Quoted from Permzilla

[…]

Sorry, I read that it either gave 25% or 20.5% 50/50. My bad.

No wonder people accuse you of trying to kill TF2, maybe you just can’t help yourself

AnimaL

Quoted from TWEEKARN\

OCD thread.

:D

LaMqTa

fenneks

Quoted from Droidster

[…]
No wonder people accuse you of trying to kill TF2, maybe you just can’t help yourself

rude! :D

Add A Reply Pages: 1