Forum

maincall.tf

Created 16th August 2014 @ 19:03

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 ... 6 Next »

HATE

(ETF2L Donator)

[x-post from tftv]

Hello. This is exciting.

We’re Maincall, a rag-tag collective of casters, writers, artists and people so enthusiastic about competitive TF2 our eyeballs have all been replaced up to four times apiece due to sheer screen burn, and we want to make TF2 the best and most incredible spectacle it’s ever been.

Here’s how we’re going to do it.

CASTING

Over the next ETF2L season, once the muggy, Sambuca-laced haze of i52 has passed, we’re going to be casting some of the best Division 1 and Premiership games – not unnecessarily cluttering or fragmenting the scene, but making sure our game is always covered at its highest levels. 

This is the core of Maincall, it’s what we were set up to do, and we’ve got outrageously, frankly untenably high production standards to match. We’ve also got a commentary team who, although they might not be the most prominent community members, are hugely talented, wonderful, knowledgable and well-spoken people. 

I like them, at least. Take a look at http://www.maincall.tf/directory for the full list, and be sure to tune in next season.

TOURNAMENTS

My just saying that probably doesn’t prove it, which is why we’re going to put on a bit of a pre-season show; an introductory competition, open to all, with prizes of serveme.tf donator access, video games and £120 / 150€ in cold, hard cash, for a frankly paltry 6 ref entry fee.

It’s called The People’s Cup, a slightly worrying yet hopefully successful, or if not that, at least fun exercise in democracy, where we’ve selected some of our favourite custom maps to be played, so long as you, that fickle community that we all hate so dearly, choose them. 

We’ll be making videos outlining calls and rollouts, so you spend more time actually playing than spinning around as you fluff your rollout down the same corridor six times running, and they’ll be released when the maps have been selected, or Monday 25th.

If you don’t want to pay up, fair enough! The finals and semi-finals will be casted by us, over at http://www.twitch.tv/maincall.

Signups and voting begins today and ends on Monday 25th, and the games begin on the 28th. Check out http://www.maincall.tf/tpc for more information.

MONEY

This is the part of Maincall which I think is the most important. Maincall is designed to run in the red, year on year. It is, like so many other parts of this game, a labour of love.

But here’s the deal: everything, every penny, every single unit of anything resembling currency that passes through our grimy, sweat-streaked palms, goes back into ETF2L’s prize pool for next season.

We’re not going to pretend that it’s going to make Prem players millionaires – it just isn’t, it’s still a closed loop and it relies on you guys, but we hope it’ll make the highest echelons of TF2 feel just a little bit less like a hobby.

We’re going to do it in three ways: by selling beautiful merch, running paid competitions (see above), and, most importantly, making sure that everything we can do to make this game better and bigger and more truly spectacular will be done. 

That’s really vague, I know, but, we’re going to start slowly. We’ve got tonnes of plans and whether they require man-hours, money, effort, or all three, we’re more than happy to give any resource we can. We don’t want to make any mistakes, and we definitely don’t want to tread on anyone’s toes, but we want to be ambitious and make awesome things.

With that all said and done, let’s make our dead game the biggest and the best show it’s ever been. 

Stick around. We can’t wait to show you what we’ve got to come.

– MAINCALL, 2014

Last edited by HATE,

kindred

myx
SDCK!

I love you

Mundi

dogs.tf

lol thats very long

jay

Synergy™

the hype is real

HATE

(ETF2L Donator)

Posted the scheduling for the cup:

http://maincall.tf/tpc-a-clarification

Last edited by HATE,

prof

You hero.

bobmus

Sounds like a cool idea – Qualx and Lux sounds like a hilarious casting duo.

Hopefully the community gets behind this. (:

T-Shirts look awesome too.

Pete_

PrettyGay

Good job and effort!

CeeGee

(Knutsson Fanboy)
doggo

Quoted from bobmus

Sounds like a cool idea – Qualx and Lux sounds like a hilarious casting duo.

^ This.

IPZIE

SUAVE

I LOVE THE SPIRE SHIRT, so simple but so good♥
really good job by whoever made that thingy!

PuzZle

Boys
GG

I love how you sell this idea

You got me hype

The more people having a passion for competitive tf2 the better =)

GL to you guys and I’ll definitely be having a look out for you coming next season

Coolbeans

TC

Hello, I’m Coolbeans.

I’m the competitions admin at maincall.tf and I’ve made spreadsheets for teams and players alike to look for players to fill their ranks or to take part in the debut cup of maincall.tf.

LFT Speadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Oz6Q9WcDui7T_hvomJSN_53HBaPdMGhzFUrWtIYac7o/edit#gid=0

LFP Spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/154EyCyYAS04iESQmeHwCYudRj1GODhNoPjzymF8f_MI/edit#gid=0

Feel free to send me an add if you have anymore questions or put it in this thread, I’ll be checking it reguarly

Last edited by Coolbeans,

Coolbeans

TC

Hello again!

With The People’s Cup approaching at a frankly terrifying pace, the map votes are in and the people have spoken! With over 80 voters the map selections for the cup are: cp_logjam, cp_warmfront and cp_obscure!

With the introduction of some high level teams such as E-SHOCK ESPORT, Hello Kitteh Ninjas and Druidz eSport we have decided in a shocking, controversial, and groundbreaking turn of events to split the competition into two (not one) double elimination tournaments, a higher and a lower bracket. The aforementioned 1st and 2nd place prizes will still be up for grabs in the high bracket whilst the winner of the low tournament takes the original 3rd place prize. We are also making moves (this is our way of saying that there is no guarantee so please don’t hate us when it all goes to shit) to make a prize for the team who will be coming 2nd in the lower bracket.

So, to clarify the schedule for The People’s Cup High Bracket is in fact:

30th of August
7:00pm GMT, Round 1: cp_logjam
7:45pm GMT, Loser’s Bracket Round 1 and Winner’s Bracket Semifinal: cp_obscure
8:30pm GMT, Loser’s Bracket Round 2 and Upper Bracket Finals : cp_warmfront

1st of September
7:00pm Loser’s bracket semifinals: cp_logjam
7:45pm Loser’s Bracket Finals: cp_warmfront
8:30pm Grand Finals: Bo3 on all maps. Upper Bracket winner decides first map, losers pick for the second map.

(stop being a shitter with times hashtagchan u scrub)

There may be (read: there are and we’re sorry) some inconsistencies between this post and our website. This is the correct information and will be updated on the site as soon as is possible.

Last edited by Coolbeans,

Coolbeans

TC

Due to the recent popularity of the cup, the signups for the low bracket have closed at 12 signups. However, due to this the cup has to run into Monday (unless you want to be playing till 10pm GMT at night). The cup tree can be viewed here:http://challonge.com/tpctf2 . However, we are still in need of two d3+ teams for our high bracket. If you are looking to enter this high bracket, send me an add.

fnordi

PrettyGay

cant send trade offer to the bot, am i too late?

edit: bot was tradebanned appearantly

Last edited by fnordi,

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 ... 6 Next »