Forum

Looking for TF2 game files

Created 12th August 2014 @ 23:07

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »

torrit

So, my basic issue is that my TF is unable to update itself. I’ve already tried everything to fix it, and it’s a really, really fucking annoying problem to have. I even uninstalled the game, and I just made it even worse, because now steam refuses to even install TF anymore. Well, at least more than 34 mb of it.

So now I’m looking for a full game that I could put directly in my game directory. I would be really grateful if someone could upload theirs for me somewhere so I can play again after a 11 day break. :3

Cheers,

Torrit

Last edited by torrit,

Popcorp

Re-install Steam?

torrit

Quoted from Popcorp

Re-install Steam?

You think I didn’t do that? :ccc

Popcorp

Quoted from torrit

[…]
You think I didn’t do that? :ccc

i had the same problem, i verified files then restarted everything, worked for me just fine

make sure you’re not participating in any Tf2 betas and Steam beta

torrit

Dude, if I didn’t try absolutely everything I could think of, I wouldn’t ask people for their game files.

toogyboogy

(ETF2L Donator)
SOFT
bobs

hes just trying to help. dont be mad

torrit

I’m trying not to be, but it’s really frustrating to come back from a trip and not be able to play because steam decided to fuck me over. Anyways, I appreciate all the help you give, I’m just really fucking mad by default now.

Tuto

8-)

Go outside while you still can, real life is better

torrit

Quoted from Tuto

Go outside while you still can

Strange, that’s not what your mom said last night :^)

Doktor

Popsy
$$

Quoted from torrit

[…]Strange, that’s not what your mom said last night :^)

le big trole xD

Popcorp

ok, is there any chance you got Tf2 files in Recycle bin? if yes, then restore em and tell me after which update (if you have any ideas) you can’t update your game, so instead of just sending you all my Team fortress 2 folder i can just track down what was updated and send you that. If you have those files saved, add me so we could fix your shit.

If you deleted Tf2 files from Recycle bin, then try using Restore in Control Panel and just restoring your system back (if you got any Restore points that were made before you deleted Tf2 files), i guess that will restore your Tf2 files as well

If you can’t restore Tf2 files, welp, i’m not going to upload 10+ gigs of my Tf2 crap, sorry :v

Last edited by Popcorp,

Freakie

KOLAR
.awkward

Delete the folder and it should download whatever’s missing next time you launch.

torrit

No files in the bin, no restore point before I deleted them. :c

Freakie, the problem is, that Steam recognizes that 12 mb as the full game, so it won’t download anything, but refuses to launch it either, because the core game files are obviously missing.

Popcorp

Quoted from torrit

No files in the bin, no restore point before I deleted them. :c

Freakie, the problem is, that Steam recognizes that 12 mb as the full game, so it won’t download anything, but refuses to launch it either, because the core game files are obviously missing.

Ok, last try, even if you delete Steam and Tf2, registry is still saved, so try this:
1) regedt32 in Run
2) HKEY_CURRENT_USER > Software > Valve
3) Delete Valve folder

Try installing Tf2 again, if THAT doesn’t help, just re-install Windows

quintosh

wL.

switch download server

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »