Looking for Demo mentor [HL]

Created 20th July 2014 @ 21:50

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3

Russian Guyovich

(Surging Meat Cable)
[T-A!]LoS

I play hl for money

Quoted from Muuki

90% of 9v9 haters are div 4 heroes who think the’yre cool cause they’ve hit past div5 and a prem player has once said lol hl, mmindless sheep who are bad at everything

Not a very delicate way to say it but this is pretty accurate. The mindset of “lol hl” can actually be a decent confidence boost as you’ll feel you can best our opponents, but at the same time you have to learn how to play smart, which is a mindset a competitive person is used to. The transition from 6s to hl is definitely the easiest, as hl has a kinder adjustment period depending on what class you play. (seeing a 6s player offclass as pyro/spy is like speccing a person in a Valve pub, but scout/solly/demo/sniper is a decent transition).

The top level still requires you to work hard. There’s a reason the last 2 seasons in Prem all the top 3 teams have been purely hl teams. There is a surprising amount of depth with 9 classes and practically close to all weapons of TF2 allowed. The untrained eyes interpret this depth as “chaos” or “pubbish”. Spawns are also generally out of sync, and the possibility of something like a spy showing up at any time means that hl in general can be a stressful thing to play because there are no times you can relax. From a casting perspective it’s fairly messy.

The selected few massively talented individuals will do well in hl just as in 6s. They will want to meet their own expectations and other peoples expectations of them, as competitive people. The transition to 6s is harder not because people are “better” but because there is just way more meta to get the hang of, and every class makes a massive difference to the team as a whole so there is nothing to hide behind. The format is muchGOD IM EVEN BORING MYSELF WITH THIS LONG ASS COMMENT FUCK IT

Bulow

GG

Quoted from Russian Guyovich

I play hl for money

I dare not ask for your net HL profit…

fraac

JOHN
CENATION

Lazybear, if 9v9 has more players, classes and weapons, yet 6v6 has more meta, doesn’t that imply a lot of potential depth in hl is being eroded by chaos?

hr

Quoted from Muuki

90% of 9v9 haters are div 4 heroes who think theyre cool cause theyve hit past div5 and a prem player has once said lol hl, mmindless sheep who are bad at everything

Actually I played and won d3 last season, is that impressive? not really but at least get the facts right. Just because I haven’t played 6’s at the top level I don’t have eyes? And am I hating hl? no; hl is fun but it’s not comp.

beach

[DA]
[DA]

Quoted from Muuki

yeah, div3 6v6 is pretty much played like a pub as well

preeeeeeetty much

Muuki

sirkkels
GG

Quoted from hr

[…]
Actually I played and won d3 last season, is that impressive? not really but at least get the facts right. Just because I haven’t played 6’s at the top level I don’t have eyes? And am I hating hl? no; hl is fun but it’s not comp.

what facts? i cant see any facts here, its just you saying something looks more chaotic

Fuxx

REMOVE

Quoted from fraac

Lazybear, if 9v9 has more players, classes and weapons, yet 6v6 has more meta, doesn’t that imply a lot of potential depth in hl is being eroded by chaos?

In a sense, yes. Highlander by definition has no such thing as “offclasses”, so that’s one major meta factor ruled out. The sheer number of people involved in 9v9 also make certain 6v6 strategies like timed bombs rather stupid. There’s a whole lot of things that you have to consider in 6v6 that don’t exist in Highlander… and by contrast there are things in HL that do not exist in 6v6. At this moment really I would say that for the most part 6v6 has a higher professional competitive standard than Highlander does. Perhaps that may change as the gamemode is further re-invented and if we find better suited maps for the task.

Also- just because a bunch of unlocks are allowed doesn’t mean all of them serve a viable roll. Demoknight does not exist in Highlander. Scattergun > FaN. Sniper rifle > all else. Minigun > others. etc.

CeeGee

(Knutsson Fanboy)
doggo

Quoted from Quantum Plumber

You should really add Beach.
He’s an amazing highlander demoman, he’s super calm, kind and friendly plus I’ve never met anybody more enthusiastic about the game.
I think he’s also pretty modest so it may seem like he’s brushing you off at first but don’t let that worry you, it’s just his way of being polite!

He made me the demo I am today.

This ^^

Beach is the most rewarding mentor in TF2, add him and keep pestering until he says yes. He taught me everything I know about demoman.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3