Forum

How you chose your main?

Created 25th June 2014 @ 23:29

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 ... 11 Next »

Nacho

TTS

When i started playing in pubs, i played pretty much all classes, until i saw a soldier jump movie, and wanted to do the same as them, and started playing 24/7 soldier.

Play wich is most confortable to you ;)

tavi

A51

i made a team with irl friends ages ago and nobody wanted to play demo. so here i am still playing this n00b class since then

Engie.

I enjoy the tactical thinking of the game rather than pure DM, and engie allows you more time to read the game and be more aware/alert of what’s going on. Also enjoy micro-management of buildings, investigating best places to build, trying out new and unexpected things.

f0rest

qkw

1337 hours with heavy cause people love you when you drop sandvich

Bathory

Just done “random” on chara select screen.
Oh, and I enjoy rocket jumping and airshot, roamer can be a pain in the ass to play but still fun.

Koala

Easy. I had the same problem though, as I enjoy playing all classes, however, I just picked the one that I can play the longest time without getting bored, which is demo for me. Still often play other classes though.

beach

[DA]
[DA]

Played a random match as demo, ended up doing well, thought this is fun, 1600 hours later…

Menty

SVIFT
Nein

Medic because I don’t have to aim to get good
Demoman because I like how you have to play with him to not die like a retard every time

Dandere

Whichever class you enjoy playing the most should be your main because at the end of the day, you should be playing for fun.

Also if you have almost no DM, go Medic ;)

On a serious note, I’ve played Heavy, Spy (badly) and Medic before and I finally settled on Medic about a year ago because it’s my favourite so far. Sometimes you gotta try maining other classes as a process of elimination :D
Also playing other classes gives you a deeper understanding of the game which would improve your gameplay of your eventual main ^^

hans

brz

I played soldier for a long time then one day I realised I can’t aim for shit and now I play medic.

byte

Am just gonna give you a % of aim and gamesense per class.

Scout – 80% aim / 20% gamesense – e.g. you can be the smartest guy in the world get in position, and then you need to be able to hit your meat shots or you’re useless.

Soldier – 60% aim / 40% gamsense ideally – e.g. If you are smart then you’re aim does not have to be as crisp and precise as you would get into position or anticipate when something is going to rush/flank/approach you.

Demoman – 40% aim / 60% gamesense ideally – e.g If you can think ahead and know what’s going to happen because “x y z”, most powerful weapon by far is the stickies.

Medic – 10% aim / 90% gamesense – e.g hardest class by far to master (all you have to do is look at prem/div1 medics and what is available), easiest class for no aim players, is a costly class, if you do 1 mistake you’re entire team suffers, need high tolerance, also ideally be a great caller.

Take your pick

Cheers

Byte

EmilioEstevez

GG

I started comp playing Sniper for my pub team in the original HL challenge, then around S2 our demo wasn’t available a lot and we had some other good pub snipers so I moved over.

konr

Quoted from EmilioEstevez

I started comp playing Sniper for my pub team in the original HL challenge, then around S2 our demo wasn’t available a lot and we had some other good pub snipers so I moved over.

This just in, main sniper first and you’ll be the EmilioBestevez.

AmirBonk

whjat+

Main medic=Being loved by your whole team
Main Pyro, Spy=Being hated by everyone.

Although, I main like 5 classes: Scout, Soldier, Demoman, Medic, And sniper.
So, Whichever you think you’re the best as, Just continue on improving on that class.
And FYI, I’m talking about Highlander, Not 6s. 6s2ez.

Last edited by AmirBonk,

konr

Quoted from AmirBonk

Main medic=Being loved by your whole team
Main Pyro, Spy=Being hated by everyone.

Although, I main like 5 classes: Scout, Soldier, Demoman, Medic, And sniper.
So, Whichever you think you’re the best as, Just continue on improving on that class.
And FYI, I’m talking about Highlander, Not 6s. 6s2ez.

You basically just said “I haven’t picked yet” mate.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 ... 11 Next »