Forum

Major Update for 18/06/14

Created 19th June 2014 @ 03:40

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 8 9 10 ... 46 Next »

xzr

Quoted from AnAkkk

I could add a cvar in TFTrue to change back the sticky damage, not sure anyone would use it though.

I love you

Neidii

I personally don’t ever play Demoman, but people I know do in high div competitive 6s and HL. One of them even said he thought a nerf would be alright, smaller clip size for demo was one of his suggestions. But what was actually done… I dont know. This was just plain silly. You can’t just change how a class is played after so many years of people learning how to adapt to it? Sure it’s not like we can do anything about it, and a lot of people probably think the change to the demo was a good one. And I agree that he needed a bit of a nerf, but this was way too much in my honest opinion. Way too much. But this change happened because Valve focuses mainly on the pub play of tf2, and I completely understand that. The majority of people playing tf2 are pubbers, so we can’t expect Valve to adapt to competitive, it wont happen.

While I am sad about the changes to classes and the competitive scene changing in such random ways, it’s not surprising. This game was never supposed to be hardcore comp anyway. I can still feel very annoyed by the changes though, but ultimately if people want serious comp maybe they shouldn’t play tf2. I do love tf2, and I never play on pubs so the changes affect me negatively. I didn’t have problems with demos in comp, but their stickyspamming on pubs is very op and the change was probably for the best. r.i.p. I hope most high div demos don’t quit playing their class because of this.

Last edited by Neidii,

rytis

PrettyGay

Quoted from Collaide

[…]
Marry me

i said it first, he’s mine

T0m

(ETF2L Donator)

Quoted from AnAkkk

I could add a cvar in TFTrue to change back the sticky damage, not sure anyone would use it though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hrMawW5J6NU

Permzilla

(Legend)
(☞゚ヮ゚)☞
WiK?

ridiculous

superkopo

good balancing update

guz

ffs gaben, after 7 years you do this???

Popcorp

Quoted from guz

ffs gaben, after 7 years you do this???

http://i.imgur.com/mLLGJL3.jpg

doks

Since this morning 3 demoman rec posts have been removed.
Lets see what happens in the evening when the news will hit 90% of the cumminity :D

Beater

Danmark
LEGO

Remember that Valve balances weapons depending on how much use they see in pubs, so make sure to never use stickies in pubs from now on!

emb

(Legend)
ciortai

Byte drops down 4 divisions in one season

news at 11

I’m outraged that the most powerful class in game has been forced to become more balanced. No longer can a class single-handedly win the game for their team, both on offence and defence. No longer can a demo spam area damage at an incredibly high rate, or use a single surprise krit sticky to destroy 4-5 players.

As an engie main, I welcome the change and would welcome an accompanying wrangler nerf for sentry health. Damage falloff has already been put into this update.

One of the main advantages of the wrangler is the extra health, and that’s mostly useful against demo stickies due to the sentry gun being stationary. Now that stickies do less immediately, it means I have a chance of shooting the stickies while they’re priming rather than preparing to die if a demoman gets near me, or I have a chance to get the demoman if he wants to detonate immediately.

doks

holy shit… thats right… kritz will be shit on demo :D
OH LORD what a good time to be pocket

Phnx

Quoted from AnAkkk

please

caeli

#T4F

Quoted from doks

holy shit… thats right… kritz will be shit on demo :D
OH LORD what a good time to be pocket

AND THIS COMES NOW I’M PLAYING MED MAIN AND MY LAST SEASON.
Holy Shit I should’ve sticked to Pocket.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 8 9 10 ... 46 Next »