Forum

Major Update for 18/06/14

Created 19th June 2014 @ 03:40

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 5 6 7 ... 46 Next »

Menty

Nein

Quoted from Bloodyyy

L2pipe peeps. Demo update doesnt effect me that much, im using sticks rarely and pipe most of the time.

The damage output is the main problem here anyway

You can’t output damage well enough with pipes compared to sticks. Unless you hit every pipe ever

Linus

[d¿s]

Quoted from Bloodyyy

L2pipe peeps. Demo update doesnt effect me that much, im using sticks rarely and pipe most of the time.

in div5, sure.

Don’t mean that in an offensive way either. In high divs people are less dumb and have better movement so relying on pipes becomes way more difficult. Stickies are much more reliable.

Last edited by Linus,

Linyos

[AM]
DTM

-Where is tf2,honey?
-Tf2 is dead baby, Tf2’s dead

Mankey

Quoted from Linyos

-Where is tf2,honey?

Very useful contribution to this topic

Monkeh

.:ne:.
.:ne:.

Quoted from Linyos

-Where is tf2,honey?

Who’s bomb is this?
It’s a sticky honey.
Who’s sticky is this?
Who gives a fuck, dat shit been nerfed baby.

Linyos

[AM]
DTM

Quoted from Mankey

[…]
Very useful contribution to this topic

Well no one can change anything now,and all of you know this… HL comp is just OVER with this combos nerf,Valve just want to sell hats and stupid taunts,who cares about comp
We can try to make a competitive of Barbie Online

Feyne

NASA

petition time pls, like how retarded can u be

Akasazh

THG
HL

Nades op plx nerf.

Bloodyyy

(Weeaboo Nerd)
(XD ͜ʖXD)

Quoted from Linus

[…]

in div5, sure.

Don’t mean that in an offensive way either. In high divs people are less dumb and have better movement so relying on pipes becomes way more difficult. Stickies are much more reliable.

i dont even play demo in 6s neither in hl. :-)

toogyboogy

(ETF2L Donator)
SOFT
bobs

brego suddenly became the best demoman

Drackk

best
sniper

Quoted from Bloodyyy

[…]

i dont even play demo in 6s neither in hl. :-)

lol then ofcourse the demo update isnt going to effect you much

Last edited by Drackk,

Lex

Fe |

Heh, these “TF2 is dead” comments. Do you not realize that competitive TF2 is a VERY small part of the community? It’s a pub game and Valve won’t balance their game for the minority.

If you’ve ever played in a pub, you know that a Demo/Medic or a Heavy/Medic combo can dominate a server and you only need half-decent player to do that. So, after 7 years Valve thought it was a problem and took care of it.

Now, the “7 years” part is the issue. After all these years, they greatly changed how Demo and Heavy work. If they really had to nerf them, a straight up damage/clip size nerf would be enough. Or they could have made the alternatives viable (Scottish Resistance?).

Last edited by Lex,

byte

Not a huge nerf for the demoman if you reallllllllly think about it, coming from a sticky meister, it just means ‘raining stickies’ has been nerfed. However what this does mean now is mobility wise it’s been upgraded.

How you say? Well I’m guessing that self damage is also less now right? (Not tried it yet) But if the self damage is also considerably less, then kaidus’s creation of the 1-2 sticky jump becomes waaaaaaay more viable and getting in and around to cp’s or areas should be buffed now, so paintrain + backcap.

Just means all you gotta do is learn the 1-2 sticky det to move around.

Also means sticky traps are more of an option these days and territory control is more of an option these days :D instead of DEMO PUSH RAIN STICKIES WIN WIN WIN! :D

One thing that does amuse me, after all these years of playing TF2 the demoman is the only class still to get nerfs to it’s default weapons. No other class has had the same treatment either they’ve been buffed then nerfed or vice versa; simply amusing :D

Cheers

Byte

xzr

Quoted from byte

Cheers

Byte

think someone already said that self dmg isn’t affected

smziii

(Legendary Ratehacks)
SVIFT

No upgrade mobility wise because selfdamage is still the same,
also if valve decide to keep it like that maybe someone can make a tf2 promod where sticky do normal damage so we can play good tf2?

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 5 6 7 ... 46 Next »