Forum

Major Update for 18/06/14

Created 19th June 2014 @ 03:40

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 28 29 30 ... 46 Next »

MCbanana

WM

“The problem is that the soldier now beats demo in his class role – to do damage. Meanwhile, the solly doesnt share any of the weaknesses that the demo has.”

Id say its pretty hard to compare the two since they play very differently. Basically solly Has very good Damage output but hes not very reliable to hit or damage people in mid to longrange unlike demoman who has no damage fall off and slightly faster projectiles as well as more projectiles in total. Of course the nerf in spam deniability will make it easier to kill demos however thats what your mamabear scout and pocket should be stopping. And if they put alot of effort into rushing you you can still lay defensive stickies like before.

“That is the main issue here. Its like giving scout a sniper rifle and still expect the sniper class to be viable ;_;”

I hope he doesnt get the new sniper rifle or soon we will all be playing solly at this rate 8)

“I’d guess the demos who like to micro maincall will keep using stickies, the dm ones will use the sticky jumper and become roamers, and the rest will either change class or give up.”

I doubt that, especially on choky maps like gran most demos will still use stickies no matter what(unless they are THIEF). I do think we will see more sticky jumper demos if the weapon would be unbanned which would be pretty cool and make the game alot more fast paced

Last edited by MCbanana,

xzr

Quoted from MCbanana

I doubt that, especially on choky maps like gran most demos will still use stickies no matter what(unless they are THIEF). I do think we will see more sticky jumper demos if the weapon would be unbanned which would be pretty cool and make the game alot more fast paced

I fail to see how one guy being able to move fast from one place to another makes the game more fast paced. Especially when there’s no damage advantage to get from those jumps. It would basically just be a poor man’s roamer, one which has to hit directs to be able to get that 400 damage out of the clip.

You silly.

PdH

Quoted from xzr

[…]

I fail to see how one guy being able to move fast from one place to another makes the game more fast paced. Especially when there’s no damage advantage to get from those jumps. It would basically just be a poor man’s roamer, one which has to hit directs to be able to get that 400 damage out of the clip.

You silly.

because you have 1) no stickytraps unless obvious,2 secounds able to wait-traps
and 2) 2 roamers.
that would make the game a bit faster indeed

Quoted from ekkelund

[…]
You can still outdamage sollies and be efficient as a demoman if you adapt to the changes and soldier still doesnt have the same kind of area denial that the demoman has. Demomans role alone isnt to do damage, its a lot more than that.

Is the scouts role in 6s to only get kills and roamers to only pick medics? Its quite hard to define a class’ role in to essentially one word.

Well, firstly the pipes arent reliable enough to compete with the RL. And the sl doesnt come close to rl at this point. Sure, demo can still set up traps and spam over stuff – but its not enough to make him compete with solly. Look, i cant deny that demo had more roles than pure dps, but those werent his main roles. A demo who had a good match did a lot of damage for his team to follow up on. Thats not to say that a pocket didnt come close to demo in dmge before.

What im saying is, demo wasnt unbalanced. And even if he was, he certainly wasnt unbalanced enough to warrant this nerf :/

Last edited by Tom Spillfat,

ekkelund

sirkkels

Quoted from PdH

[…]

because you have 1) no stickytraps unless obvious,2 secounds able to wait-traps
and 2) 2 roamers.
that would make the game a bit faster indeed

Yeah cause you would lose 5-0 in 10 minutes.

scatmo

27/2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m-O_dUoA_kI

MCbanana

WM

“I fail to see how one guy being able to move fast from one place to another makes the game more fast paced. Especially when there’s no damage advantage to get from those jumps. It would basically just be a poor man’s roamer, one which has to hit directs to be able to get that 400 damage out of the clip. ”

Actually its more like a roamer on steroids, there have been quite a few people that have used it in NA and aside from pushing last(at least on blands not so much on proess) its pretty strong, at least in the right hands. Also especcially on rollout when not every player is buffed dealing 200 is usually enough if youre fast enough. I doubt it will replace regular but its certainly a good time to give it a try in eu thats for sure.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DWOiFzfkhZs

smziii

(Legendary Ratehacks)
SVIFT

Quoted from Tom Spillfat

[…]

If demo was meant to be a defensive class, why had his role been different for 7 years? The devs had a sudden change of heart and decided to change his role after 7 years. That is what happened. Putting aside all that, the way the demo worked was tf2. Devs intented for him to originally have a dynamite stick. Does that mean that its the true way demo should have been played? No, the way he was IN THE GAME was the way he was intented to be played. Now the game has lost of its unique roles.

Btw, scouts main role is 2 kel heavy with bat and teak his sandvich. Go watch meet the scout.

Demo is now a gimped soldier. Just because one of the best players in the world can make him work “ok” doesnt mean he is balanced. He’d do better as a soldier at this point. Much better.

-you seem to take things quite literally or you are mentally challenged in some way if you actually took my meet the demo reference as a valid proof for my point…
-and the “omg kaidus is the best demo thats why he can make it work” -argument is also invalid since he also plays against the best scouts and soldiers, so surely a div4 demo should be able to make it work vs opponents on his skill level

4hp

Quoted from xzr

[…]

You silly.

well to be fair the amount of mobility you have as a sticky jumper demo is by far the highest of any class in the game, and even if you wouldn’t put out a lot of damage you can be really freaking annoying and hard to kill. I could see it having some advantages. There’s a reason people like the dead ringer spycicle gun spy in HL. Really freaking annoying and hard to kill.

ekkelund

sirkkels

Quoted from 4hp

[…]

well to be fair the amount of mobility you have as a sticky jumper demo is by far the highest of any class in the game, and even if you wouldn’t put out a lot of damage you can be really freaking annoying and hard to kill. I could see it having some advantages. There’s a reason people like the dead ringer spycicle gun spy in HL. Really freaking annoying and hard to kill.

I dont think being annoying and occasionally getting a lucky kill is enough compensation for sacrificing a top damage dealer in your team.

xzr

Quoted from smziii

[…]

-you seem to take things quite literally or you are mentally challenged in some way if you actually took my meet the demo reference as a valid proof for my point…
-and the “omg kaidus is the best demo thats why he can make it work” -argument is also invalid since he also plays against the best scouts and soldiers, so surely a div4 demo should be able to make it work vs opponents on his skill level

You wouldn’t probably take it too kindly if the scout’s role in the current meta was flipped upside down. Just saying.

Phnx

Quoted from ekkelund

[…]
“sacrificing a top damage dealer in your team”.

not anymore.

PdH

Quoted from Phnx

[…]
not anymore.

^

ekkelund

sirkkels

Quoted from Phnx

[…]
not anymore.

Sometimes top, sometimes second, you get the point.

smziii

(Legendary Ratehacks)
SVIFT

Quoted from xzr

[…]

You wouldn’t probably take it too kindly if the scout’s role in the current meta was flipped upside down. Just saying.

The scout role never was as strong as the demomans to begin with but thats a different story

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 28 29 30 ... 46 Next »