Last edited by Max,

Aylonwee

Quoted from Sofa King

[…]
It’s basicly because it’s against etf2l’s rules

Change.
The fucking.
Rules.

Worth noting there was a time where ETF2l said they would never use unlocks either. get with it daddy-o

Its not such a difference that the average pubber is goign to notice when he first tried out competitive TF”. but it is somthing that people who have spent hours of practice learning the ebb and flow of the game.

gone now are the days of spectacular sticky jumps into point saving sticky spam. these are now the days of demos trapping themselves in and spamming pipes until they can set up their next trap.

Last edited by Aylonwee,

rytis

PrettyGay

Quoted from Aylonwee

[…]

Change.
The fucking.
Rules.

Its not such a difference that the average pubber is goign to notice when he first tried out competitive TF”. but it is somthing that people who have spent hours of practice learning the ebb and flow of the game.

gone now are the days of spectacular sticky jumps into point saving sticky spam. these are now the days of demos trapping themselves in and spamming pipes until they can set up their next trap.

its not the rules, you have to realise that anakin’s command is not an official tf2 command and every server needs to install tftrue and how are you going to guarantee that everyone has done that?

Popcorp

Quoted from rytis

[…]
its not the rules, you have to realise that anakin’s command is not an official tf2 command and every server needs to install tftrue and how are you going to guarantee that everyone has done that?

Permzilla said it wouldnt matter, even if there was an official Cvar that reverted Sticky nerf, it wouldn’t be allowed to be used in competitive, and that’s kinda stupid, allow Random crits and Damage spread then 8)

Last edited by Popcorp,

fraac

JOHN
CENATION

Holding on to the old stickies would be asking to get embarrassed by Americans at i52.

Keerts

http://www.reddit.com/r/truetf2/comments/28lmv9/collection_of_opinions_of_competitive_players_on/

smziii

(Legendary Ratehacks)
SVIFT

Quoted from Aylonwee

[…]
Its not such a difference that the average pubber is goign to notice when he first tried out competitive TF”.

Rofl i hope you are joking, besides that enforcing the us of this command would make the cliff between pubbers and comp players even bigger and will lead to the game dieing out
Etf2l should rethink demo unlocks now and people should grow up and deal with the update that made the demo the defensive class it always was supposed to be!

Last edited by smziii,

Aylonwee

Quoted from rytis

[…]

#

we’ve been using mods to the game such as SOAP DM, MGE, Fixed damage spread and no crits for YEARS now. whats the difference?

im not biased, i main medic, frankly my lifes been made easier because of this nerf. but the game will now be soo much more boring because of it. demo basically has to be babysat all game long because he cant defend himself on-the-fly. he either has to have a pre made sticky trap set up, or 2-3 pipe whatever is rushing him its just a really bad change that shows how out of touch valve is with the competitive scene :/

smziii

(Legendary Ratehacks)
SVIFT

Thw big nocrit no damagespread mod … Pls tell me you are trolling
Soap and mge are also not league mods..they are pub mods

rytis

PrettyGay

Quoted from Aylonwee

[…]#

we’ve been using mods to the game such as SOAP DM, MGE, Fixed damage spread and no crits for YEARS now. whats the difference?

im not biased, i main medic, frankly my lifes been made easier because of this nerf. but the game will now be soo much more boring because of it. demo basically has to be babysat all game long because he cant defend himself on-the-fly. he either has to have a pre made sticky trap set up, or 2-3 pipe whatever is rushing him its just a really bad change that shows how out of touch valve is with the competitive scene :/

damage spread and no crits are official valve’s commands and CAN be enforced in the league config.

Keerts

i think that if they’ll open up a 3d spot for sollyscout, demo will be dead in competitive 6′. ther’s no point in keeping a class that cannot defend himself and that, in a fight, has pretty much the same damage output of a soldier. strategic area denial? lol cute

xzr

Quoted from smziii

[…]
Rofl i hope you are joking, besides that enforcing the us of this command would make the cliff between pubbers and comp players even bigger and will lead to the game dieing out
Etf2l should rethink demo unlocks now and people should grow up and deal with the update that made the demo the defensive class it always was supposed to be!

So the demo is a defensive class. I reckon the scattergun damage should be ramped down a bit so that the scouts can concentrate on scouting a bit more.

The demo was fine for these 7 years, it already got a few nerfs (pipes got nerfed at the start by reducing clipsize and stopping them from detting on contact after the first bounce and stickies got range falloff later on).

Anyone who has played around the top tiers of the scene knows that demo trades the big damage output for a huge weakness in close combat (in which both soldiers and scouts excel in). This nerf weakens the demo even more up close and takes away the mid-range damage capability as well, only leaving the playstyle of backpedaling away and laying down traps on points and what not. Too bad running into traps is pretty 2009.

Sure some people might consider throwing the meta upside down completely fine, Permzilla and his highlander scrub admin buddies have been trying to make ETF2L a pub league since the HL clownfest started.

You guys think the demo slows the games down, I think it speeds them up. The burst damage creates openings for your scouts and soldiers to do their thing.

“Just hit your pipes then hurrdurr” – The pipelauncher while being a nifty little weapon, tends to require a fair bit more skill than rocket launchers and scatterguns to reach a reasonable damage output. Spam aside if you happen to hit those 4 consecutive pipes, you’ve just reached a measly 400 damage. Just take a moment and compare that to the 400-450 dmg of a rocket launcher clip (less with splash of course, but there’s no splash damage for pipes on contact to a surface), or the 600 something damage of a scattergun. And both of those classes have sidearms very suitable for medium/close range combat as well. So basically now you’re a soldier with a quite underpowered sidearm, and forced to hit direct hits with your main weapon, and for this fun you pay by giving out 25hp compared to the soldiers.

The question arises why would anyone run a demoman anymore, when a soldier becomes way more efficient in creating space and tanking damage.

Sure I can see why all the div5 soldiers like doks are all horny about this. They can finally just sit next to their medic for the whole match and rack up that top dmg, with no fear of anyone burst damaging them out of their overheals.

Menty

myx
Nein

Quoted from xzr

[…]

“Just hit your pipes then hurrdurr” – The pipelauncher while being a nifty little weapon, tends to require a fair bit more skill than rocket launchers and scatterguns to reach a reasonable damage output. Spam aside if you happen to hit those 4 consecutive pipes, you’ve just reached a measly 400 damage. Just take a moment and compare that to the 400-450 dmg of a rocket launcher clip (less with splash of course, but there’s no splash damage for pipes on contact to a surface), or the 600 something damage of a scattergun. And both of those classes have sidearms very suitable for medium/close range combat as well. So basically now you’re a soldier with a quite underpowered sidearm, and forced to hit direct hits with your main weapon, and for this fun you pay by giving out 25hp compared to the soldiers.

Pretty much this

niak

BMS

Quoted from xzr

[…]

So the demo is a defensive class. I reckon the scattergun damage should be ramped down a bit so that the scouts can concentrate on scouting a bit more.

The demo was fine for these 7 years, it already got a few nerfs (pipes got nerfed at the start by reducing clipsize and stopping them from detting on contact after the first bounce and stickies got range falloff later on).

Anyone who has played around the top tiers of the scene knows that demo trades the big damage output for a huge weakness in close combat (in which both soldiers and scouts excel in). This nerf weakens the demo even more up close and takes away the mid-range damage capability as well, only leaving the playstyle of backpedaling away and laying down traps on points and what not. Too bad running into traps is pretty 2009.

Sure some people might consider throwing the meta upside down completely fine, Permzilla and his highlander scrub admin buddies have been trying to make ETF2L a pub league since the HL clownfest started.

You guys think the demo slows the games down, I think it speeds them up. The burst damage creates openings for your scouts and soldiers to do their thing.

The question arises why would anyone run a demoman anymore, when a soldier becomes way more efficient in creating space and tanking damage.

Sure I can see why all the div5 soldiers like doks are all horny about this. They can finally just sit next to their medic for the whole match and rack up that top dmg, with no fear of anyone burst damaging them out of their overheals.

Thank you for saying what i wanted to say. Agree 100% with all.

byte

<3 xzr

Cheers

Byte

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 25 26 27 ... 46 Next »