jwso

( ͡~ ͜ʖ ͡9

Quoted from evokje

[…]
Yep! Doesn’t one shot medics anymore :(

jesus fuck

alba

duplo

could rather have nerfed stickey dmg with 10-15% instead of this or made it take a tiny bit more time to detonate a stickey when fired, rip demoman. Gonna be fun to see what the new meta will be though

Quoted from jwso

[…]
jesus fuck

It does.

Vaskie

BulletClub

Copying my message at the Teamfortress.tv forums:

from that video someone posted well aimed stickies do 70 dmg close range. you still 2 shot scouts. the “we need better close range ability” argument is hilarious. you’re supposed to get raped when you put yourself in a spot to get bombed/rushed.

start aiming stickies better and your damage will still be around everyone else’s. having all the classes putting out similar dpm isn’t the worst thing in the world.

#485: yes, everyone will now have to aim to get kills on off uber pushes, and fights will last longer. there will also be a ton more opportunities to push off uber because of the lowered demo dmg.

btw to the EU guys posting in here…you folks rejected unlocks and played vanilla for how long? i get the feeling that any change to the game that you can’t cvar/whitelist out is going to upset you. try having a more open minded approach :)

By very far, the best post i have seen.

Both Platinum, Marmaduke, Marxist and a few other people are making complete sense.

The fact is, if you actually properly aim your stickies, they still do 60-70 damage each. People have got far too used to just spamming a certain area instead of aiming like they should.

If you get caught up on a 1vs1 with a scout, chances are, you put yourself in a bad position, you overextended or you didn’t put a trap (stickies after 2 seconds do the same damage as they always did).

After playing a few matches, the game still plays exactly the same, demos just have to be slightly more careful to not be caught out.

Like Marmaduke pointed out, the game will hopefully be slightly faster due to less output damage from the demoman.

And again.. Demomans got far too comfortable with the amount of damage they did in the past, so how many of them actually aim the stickies, and not just throw in a certain area .. 70 damage per sticky is still quite high and manageable.

Valve most likely are not gonna revert, and creating a Promod is honestly a horrible idea, like many said, we are dependent on people from public servers, and a Promod goes agains’t everything we have been trying to achieve for a very long time which was to bring them over to Competitive, either by doing events, or catering to them by allowing certain weapons, game modes, what not.

Stop whining and just play the game, the more you play, the more you will realize it’s still the same. Adapt for fuck sake![/quote]

Lupus

IKEA

their gona fix it in a week calling it

alba

duplo

Quoted from fraac

Tbh it’s like the Openplugin update, people will get used to it.

its not like open plugin, open plugin wasn’t the core of competetive. Obviously people will find alternatives and get used to it but the whole meta is changed

kaidus

WiK?

You are dribbling all down your t-shirt if you think people are complaining because you can’t 1v1 with stickies as well now. See you in a week when everyone is running a heavy.

caeli

#T4F

plus it slows down the game a lot.

retz

One thing I could agree on is the fact that they waited too much time to make such a nerf, but yeah I can’t really stand people crying about this just hours after the update, without really taking time to make a better evaluation.

It doesn’t really affect me anyway since I don’t demo main, but getting annihilated by a 300 dmg kritz sticky really was a gamecrusher for everyone, one could make this argument against the 270 rockets, but unless the soldier kritzing isn’t near you, you can avoid it and escape, this can’t be said for the demo since stickies travel much faster and unpredictably.

You will get used to it, just like every other major change that occured in the past.

jukebox

broder

just as i was about to make a comeback as demo

nukkye

Quoted from jukebox

just as i was about to make a comeback as demo

haha Jukebox coming back ! #Believe.

Shrapnel

Hope nobody just bought a funky Australium sticky launcher thinking they were going to pwn with it :)

http://steamcommunity.com/market/listings/440/Strange%20Professional%20Killstreak%20Australium%20Stickybomb%20Launcher

ekkelund

sirkkels

Quoted from retz

One thing I could agree on is the fact that they waited too much time to make such a nerf, but yeah I can’t really stand people crying about this just hours after the update, without really taking time to make a better evaluation.

It doesn’t really affect me anyway since I don’t demo main, but getting annihilated by a 300 dmg kritz sticky really was a gamecrusher for everyone, one could make this argument against the 270 rockets, but unless the soldier kritzing isn’t near you, you can avoid it and escape, this can’t be said for the demo since stickies travel much faster and unpredictably.

You will get used to it, just like every other major change that occured in the past.

You can avoid the demoman kritzkrieg with awareness and positioning. If you constantly got destroyed by demo kritz I think the problem wasn’t the surreal damage that the stickies did.

Last edited by ekkelund,

well, that’s the risk you take for playing such an abstract way of tf2. imo it gives it new fire. 2 sollies, 2 scouts and a constant offclasser + med. i like the idea somehow.

offclasser can chose between engi, demo, spy, sniper (to mid?), pyro. more tactical possibilities, more creativity!

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 15 16 17 ... 46 Next »