Forum

Highlander Players - Would you join a cup with no cash prize?

Created 20th May 2014 @ 14:05

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 Next »

Permzilla

(Legend)
(☞゚ヮ゚)☞
WiK?

If you can’t afford to provide any prizes don’t bother. Teams will play anyway!

quell

UbeR |

Quoted from Scissors

Some sort of prize would make it a lot more interesting, I am sure. I doubt I can get the guys together for an entire cup if there is no reward

rofl

just like everyone said, people will play. if those 10 euros per person prize money is really the make it or break it part of the deal for some then LOL

Last edited by quell,

jakeowaty

Depends what level and the amount of dedication. If there’s no prize whatsoever, I doubt people would play full on seriously, they’d most likely just fool around.

I can see myself playing TF2 in a free league, but only if the team is fun to play with and others are fun to play against, otherwise even showing up is just a massive burden, hence it’s summer and nerds should probably go out, get girlfriends or something.

My 2 cents on the project. :)

Permzilla

(Legend)
(☞゚ヮ゚)☞
WiK?

Quoted from jakeowaty

Depends what level and the amount of dedication. If there’s no prize whatsoever, I doubt people would play full on seriously, they’d most likely just fool around.

I can see myself playing TF2 in a free league, but only if the team is fun to play with and others are fun to play against, otherwise even showing up is just a massive burden, hence it’s summer and nerds should probably go out, get girlfriends or something.

My 2 cents on the project. :)

16 teams out of 300 play for a cash prize in s18, whats your point?

Fuxx

REMOVE

Glory is the best prize

Of course people will play with no cash involved

jakeowaty

Quoted from Permzilla

[…]

16 teams out of 300 play for a cash prize in s18, whats your point?

They play for medals, and try to improve to be eligible to play for cash.

Linus

[d¿s]

Quoted from jakeowaty

[…]

you are never gonna win money tho :/

irfx

EPA

this medals … LOL

BAITO

( ͡~ ͜ʖ ͡9

No money no game, rip.

jakeowaty

Quoted from Linus

[…]

you are never gonna win money tho :/

I’ll bind that and shove this in your face once I do. :)

Thalash

wG
S-O

I play tf2 for money :^)

kaidus

WiK?

Quoted from jakeowaty

[…]

I’ll bind that and shove this in your face once I do. :)

and I’ll bind this….

Just kidding what a waste of a bind.

Quoted from jakeowaty

[…]

They play for fun, period. Pocket money, hardware, medals, hats, keys, being casted by someone and similar stuff just brings more to the mentioned fun.

Scissors

(ETF2L Donator)

Quoted from quell

[…]

rofl

just like everyone said, people will play. if those 10 euros per person prize money is really the make it or break it part of the deal for some then LOL

I guess it’s more the idea that we actually win something. Like I said, I really doubt I can get all 8 guys to play highlander for an entire day just for fun. Although I can see why it seems stupid to you :)

Hildreth

Bully
Pander

8 or so months we been alive as a team in Highlander, I think in total we won like….450 euros for Wireplay Season 11, 350 Euros from Season 5 of ETF2L and 500 from this season (plus some gaming mouse?). 1300 (+ gaming mouse) we will end up dividing amongst 9-10 people. 130 Euros each, maybe bit more….in 8 months.

I make more than that in 3 days of work – It’s lovely to be rewarded for hard work and effort and I massively appreciate the sentiment and generosity of sponsors + donators. However end of the day we play for fun (and I guess Pride). If you don’t have the money, don’t waste it sponsoring a one night cup, unless you got money you want to throw somewhere – then it’s lovely to give something extra.

Also it’s unlikely we (Highpander) would play, end of the season…timing is bad, we’re all quite tired of 9v9 and constant practising, probably play HL with only a few weeks break to focus on 6’s or Christmas since start of Wireplay Season 11.

Last edited by Hildreth,

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 Next »