Permzilla on Fully Charged! Europe - 24/04/14 @ 23:00CEST

Created 22nd April 2014 @ 14:04

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 3 4 5 Next »

Hildreth

Bully
Pander

Quoted from Popcorp

[…]

Sonny told me that admins are too lazy to schedule 1 Night cups, because admins are responsible for Putting teams to 1 Night cup divs and also scheduling…We need new type of a ETF2L admins, those who schedule and organize ETF2L events (1 night cups)

Well One-Night cups allow for like 6 hours of pre-night work, planning to opening signups then bulk of the work on the actual day is required, including seedings, brackets and actual tournament itself, requires the organiser to be there all evening looking after it cos last couple of cups that were organise the main person organising was not there for the event, was literally like 6v6 admins who were online at the time looking after a HL one night cup. So asking for like….your whole evening to do one of these, can be stressful (but rewarding).

When I did them, I didn’t care much about playing in EU HL, so I was happy to not play but every 6v6 One Night Cup I wanted to participate in so I never organised one there. Now I want to play ever EU HL and 6v6 event, but I recently organise a One Day event for North American Highlander teams as I no longer care about playing there.

So what ETF2L need is someone willing to give up least 9-12 hours of their time including a whole evening and not participate in the event itself to make sure it runs smoothly, missing out on the “fun”. Good luck finding that person in this community beyond current head/active admins who are doing other more important stuff.

walters

Quoted from Hildreth

[…]
Good luck finding that person in this community beyond current head/active admins who are doing other more important stuff.

Pick me! Pick me!

Permzilla

(Legend)
(☞゚ヮ゚)☞
WiK?

I was going to make a shameless plug if this “ONC Cup” subject was brought up. In case it isn’t. if you’re interested in applying for a ‘ONC Admin’ position, or something similar, please apply! (HL and/or 6v6)

We’ll hopefully have time to run some cups over summer.

Last edited by Permzilla,

Thalash

wG
S-O

what is a for?

Bulle

Epsilon
LEGO

do you ever rollout on choke in gullywash ?

Sideshow

(ETF2L Donator)
ft.
WiK?

Quoted from Bulle

do you ever rollout on choke in gullywash ?

not any more he doesn’t

Henghast

open
bobs

Have you learnt to smile without looking creepy?

kronis

NASA
hi im dog

How do you deal with all the hate towards you?

evokje

WiK?

How big is your perm?

melody

Lutunen

what is your hobbies besides of pc games?

smziii

(Legendary Ratehacks)
SVIFT

how do you manage to make regular league admins + hl admins believe that their word on certain cases has any value?

Last edited by smziii,

Dennia

FAINT

Can you say Köttbulle

garden

Quoted from Permzilla

I was going to make a shameless plug if this “ONC Cup” subject was brought up. In case it isn’t. if you’re interested in applying for a ‘ONC Admin’ position, or something similar, please apply! (HL and/or 6v6)

We’ll hopefully have time to run some cups over summer.

Can we hear more about what this position would involve (as specific as poss)

Permzilla

(Legend)
(☞゚ヮ゚)☞
WiK?

Quoted from garden

[…]

Can we hear more about what this position would involve (as specific as poss)

As it won’t be too relevant on the show;

Running a cup consists of:

1) Deciding on a type of cup to run (bball, ultiduo, testing a 6s map etc)
2) Coming up with a suitable date for the cup, any special rules etc
3) Doing the back end work (creating the competition, this is trivial) and making a newspost to announce the cup
4) Once signups are opened, seeding teams into brackets
5) On the night of the cup, being in IRC ready to take requests for help and generally overlooking the whole cup (verifying matches, pushing the fixtures through etc)

5 is the big one, the one that is most time consuming and the one of the only things that turns people away from running a cup. The other is not being able to participate in the cup since you’re needed to manage it.

You’re not expected to do all of this by yourself, showing a bit of enthusiasm will often encourage other admins to help out as well.

Vaskie

BulletClub

I would had honestly thought that Sunshine would be added to the next season. It’s doing great in ESEA. Check the following teamfortress.tv thread to see how people feel about it.

http://teamfortress.tv/thread/11931/cp-sunshine-5cp/?page=10

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 3 4 5 Next »