Forum

Complaint about a penalty point.

Created 17th April 2014 @ 14:13

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »

Sabesaroo

11/9
COGU

My team’s last game was on Gravelpit. We won on the third round, but I submitted the results incorrectly and their leader accidentally verified them. I got in touch with an admin on the IRC channel and he said he’d deleted them, so I submitted the correct results. Then I had to leave my computer for 10 days. When I came back, the old results had returned and I had a penalty point because of them and because of a lack of demos (see my other rant). So esentially my team has a penalty point, which is pretty severe because it’s a close season and we were aiming for second place, which we now have a much lower chance of getting, because either the ETF2L website screwed up or an admin didn’t delete it properly.

I contacted an admin about this but they didn’t help and said there was nothing they could do.

Popcorp

ìf you gonna leave for a long time, you need to leave someone to Co-Lead your team, you need a 2nd Leader or Deputy, so in case you’re away, someone will lead a team for you, while you’re gone.

Sabesaroo

11/9
COGU

Quoted from Popcorp

ìf you gonna leave for a long time, you need to leave someone to Co-Lead your team, you need a 2nd Leader or Deputy, so in case you’re away, someone will lead a team for you, while you’re gone.

I’m not saying I shouldn’t have done that and that was probably a mistake, but my point still remains. I have a penalty point because of ETF2L, and they’re not doing anything about it. They have the time to give me it but not the time to help.

quintosh

wL.

what do you expect? the rules clearly say that if you have 3 minor warnings you get a major which can not be removed, or do you expect them to remove it anyway because of a mistake you made?

beach

[DA]
[DA]

Quoted from Sabesaroo

(see my other rant)

Yeah people have seen your other rant, why did you post this as well?

Tomu

BoyBrigade
MEGA$$

You’re a special kind of person sabesaroo.

Oxy

TC.Express

Regardless of whatever is said here, the result still needs changing because it’s wrong: http://etf2l.org/matches/47503/

But yeh really it’s kinda your own fault for not leaving someone in charge. My advice would be to get the demos and screenshots uploaded and then contact the admins again. Oh, and a top tip, your more likely to get somewhere if your nice to people.

Sabesaroo

11/9
COGU

Quoted from Oxy

Regardless of whatever is said here, the result still needs changing because it’s wrong: http://etf2l.org/matches/47503/

But yeh really it’s kinda your own fault for not leaving someone in charge. My advice would be to get the demos and screenshots uploaded and then contact the admins again. Oh, and a top tip, your more likely to get somewhere if your nice to people.

‘You’re more likely to get somewhere if you’re nice to people’.

What is this referring to?

And I can get the correct results uploaded. I told the admin this, but he just said the penalty couldn’t be changed. I don’t really see a reason to do it now.

Sabesaroo

11/9
COGU

Quoted from Tomu

You’re a special kind of person sabesaroo.

unserbscriebd qq

doks

In your 64 days of etf2l you have had more posts and threads here than some people with over 1000 days.

But you should really just let it go. Its your first season. Learn from mistakes. Lots of disappointment ahead. :)

People cheating. Teams being dicks. People being dicks. Teammates leaving. DRAMA!!! illogical rule changes. Unfair admin decisions. Dropping Teams because of players leaving just so they can come back 2 weeks later. All of the fun stuff

Last edited by doks,

ash

(Legend)
:D

You could’ve avoided both minor if you would’ve adhered to the rules and had taken & uploaded the relevant screens in time. That is on you, and just on you

edit to clarify: we only hand out majors after three minors so there’s plenty buffer for individual carefreeness.

Last edited by ash,

teej!

olurist 2k14 here

Sabesaroo

11/9
COGU

Quoted from doks

In your 64 days of etf2l you have had more posts and threads here than some people with over 1000 days.

But you should really just let it go. Its your first season. Learn from mistakes. Lots of disappointment ahead. :)

People cheating. Teams being dicks. People being dicks. Teammates leaving. DRAMA!!! illogical rule changes. Unfair admin decisions. Dropping Teams because of players leaving just so they can come back 2 weeks later. All of the fun stuff

I could put up with a penalty point normally, but this one is really annoying. We have to beat our next team, a very good team, 6-0 to come second now, when before if we won 4-2 we would’ve drawn.

toogyboogy

(ETF2L Donator)
SOFT
bobs

shit happens. You are responsible and you messed up. deal with it

Setsul

Quoted from teej!

olurist 2k14 here

No, we can understand what he’s trying to say.

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »