Forum

Why are we not notified about required Demos?

Created 17th April 2014 @ 14:06

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 ... 4 Next »

Sabesaroo

11/9
COGU

I just got a penalty point because I didn’t provide three demos, for no apparent reason, for our game we played on the 30th of March. The demos were requested on April the 9th, after we’d played our next game, but I wasn’t notified and had no idea until we got a warning and a penalty point. There is nothing on the site which I can see that says you have to check match comments constantly for demo requests, and I assumed they’d message me on Steam if I didn’t respond, which would be a lot more logical. Why don’t they do this?

Permzilla

(Legend)
(☞゚ヮ゚)☞
WiK?

You should get an email telling you.

Rake

Lutunen
[hePPa]

In my opinion every etf2l admin should have every registered player on their steam friends so they can personally message the players about demos and whatnot.

Last edited by Rake,

Night

The same shit happened to me during the season 16. Apparently, you’re supposed to spend your life on the website to check if some random noobs request you a record.

Sabesaroo

11/9
COGU

Quoted from Permzilla

I wasn’t told about this. I use that email for signups so I don’t check it regurlarly. They have easy access to my Steam profile or even my ETF2l profile, why didn’t they message me there?

Or at least give me a notification that a challenge has been emailed to me.

Sabesaroo

11/9
COGU

Why were they even asking for demos? The game was 10 days old and the results were verified, no one was complaining.

Rake

Lutunen
[hePPa]

So what you’re saying is, if you get a notification of something in the mail but don’t bother getting your mail, its the party’s fault who sent it?

L-iNC

Quoted from Permzilla

…but you always don’t.

Dr. Heinz

★GF
KAAS

Duh, ofc it is…

Permzilla

(Legend)
(☞゚ヮ゚)☞
WiK?

Quoted from L-iNC

[…]
…but you always don’t.

If you’d like to know which email is connected to your account, contact an admin. Admins know how to send an email out along with the request and I’m confident it always happens.

Sabesaroo

11/9
COGU

Quoted from Rake

So what you’re saying is, if you get a notification of something in the mail but don’t bother getting your mail, its the party’s fault who sent it?

Yes, because that’s an illogical way of notifying someone on ETF2L and I wouldn’t assume they’d use that, and they didn’t tell me they’d sent me an email. They didn’t even tell me that they would send me emails for demo requests on that.

Swift

MAYOGURL
Poo

Maybe you should check your emails once in a while

Dr. Heinz

★GF
KAAS

It is the most logical way there is. Otherwise they have to add people to their steam for every e-mail they send, and the send a lot of them. They also send an e-mail if there is a wildcard taken or a default date set.
If you give them your e-mail, they expect you to give them an e-mail you check on a regulare base, otherwise it kinda defeats the purpose. You can’t expect the admins to add everyone.

This is purely your fault for giving them an e-mail you don’t check.

Bulow

GG

In your other thread you said you were away for ten days – how would them adding you on steam and telling you have made a difference?

Last edited by Bulow,

Sabesaroo

11/9
COGU

Quoted from Swift

Maybe you should check your emails once in a while

I told you, it’s a signup email adress, I don’t check it. I wasn’t told that I’d be sent stuff on it.

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 ... 4 Next »