Forum

Esports earnings of TF2?

Created 7th April 2014 @ 23:29

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 ... 6 Next »

Selek

Dr. med.

If I didn’t play competitively, I wouldn’t play TF2 as much and thus not reach my weekly drop limit. Thus, I think I earned many refined metal and even a few hats by the eSports aspect of this game.

Absolutely worth it.

Sabesaroo

11/9
COGU

I play Cricket. I don’t get money from it, so by some people’s logic I’m not playing a sport? You don’t need to get money from it in order for it to be an esport, you can play esports on an amateur level or a professional level.

toogyboogy

(ETF2L Donator)
SOFT
bobs

25 punds at I45 finals.
36 litas from infoshow finals.

I AM PRO GAMER

Mankey

Five freaking participation medals

Permzilla

(Legend)
(☞゚ヮ゚)☞
WiK?

about £100 from Highlander Seasons 1-3
£25 and some haribo from i48
real life medal from highlander i46

ash

(Legend)
:D

Quoted from Permzilla

real life medal from highlander i46

thread winner.

Flippy

LEGO
DA!

over 1000€ in prizes and cash in 3 years of events :D

droso

o/

Around 800€ from lans and ETF2L seasons in 4 years.

(which is less than it costed me to attend said lans) :((

Last edited by droso,

Hildreth

Bully
Pander

Hmmm like £100 or something.

Sideshow

(ETF2L Donator)
ft.
WiK?

Quoted from Sabesaroo

I play Cricket. I don’t get money from it, so by some people’s logic I’m not playing a sport? You don’t need to get money from it in order for it to be an esport, you can play esports on an amateur level or a professional level.

I think the point is that we’re playing at the very top level and there’s the opportunity to win peanuts. If you were playing for the Durham county cricket team and won division one and still weren’t making a profit, it’d be more fair to say it’s not a sport but a hobby.

Saying that, it’s incredible that people put money in at all, and any kind of cash incentive makes it feel like you’re playing for something, it’s great.

Asaaj

0.0 € :(

Limp.

EPA

reppe kriketti

GeaR

Epsilon

As I am looking more and more forward to release myself from tf2, this thread made me look up what I’ve achieved. In 4 years gaming got me theoretically 5500€ in cash and hardware (the real sum is lower, maybe 5000, due to corrupt team members and dying leagues.) =D

Although this is a ridiculous small amount compared to real esports titles, I consider it a nice sum for what I call a hobby. One could argue that spending the time with real work instead of playing tf2 would have resulted in way more money – of course, but real work is no fun ^.^

Anzu

:Blinky:

esports shoudn’t be taken as a job, anyways i play for medals only x)

Last edited by Anzu,

Ombrack

Top5rocket

Something like 25 euros and a customized mousepad :o)

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 ... 6 Next »