Forum

TF2 earned $139m in 2013

Created 23rd January 2014 @ 00:06

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 ... 4 Next »

Selek

Dr. med.

It appears TF2 is still really big in its earnings, 139 million dollars in 2013 is quite a number.

Source: http://www.superdataresearch.com/blog/us-digital-games-market/

I wouldn’t have thought this game makes this amount of cash. It is a big fat cash cow. It really makes me wonder it is not supported and optimised more by Valve considering this fact. Well, as long as it works for them, i guess.

Starkie

ulti?
sniper

crossfire???
I thought there were only 10 people playing left that game

kzr_

gR.

because Valve is a shit developer company. They only care about $$$, so they develop a game until it’s maximal profit point and then they move to the next thing. They did it to cs 1.6, css, Half-life, TF2 and next will be dota2 and cs:go. If they cared about the people that gave them that $139M they would listen more to the community and do better things.

By the way, they had some good updates this past year, like the two cities update. When they do it good, we gotta praise them.

Linus

[d¿s]

Well, every company is in it for the profit. And if you think valve abandons games quickly, you must not be familiar with many game developers.

Last edited by Linus,

AnimaL

139million but still no eu mvm servers half of day

How the hell did Crossfire bring 957 million dollars?

Snyyppis

RLM

What the fuck is crossfire?

Admirable

(Toucan Ambassador)

CrossFire big in Asia?!

Permzilla

(Legend)
(☞゚ヮ゚)☞
WiK?

Quoted from Reservoir Dog

How the hell did Crossfire bring 957 million dollars?

it’s pay to win

Admirable

(Toucan Ambassador)

I feel like we shouldn’t be so shy about demanding things from Valve now!
Where’s my motherfucking International?! :D

Kaneco

139M a year and 0% put back into the community (other than the items payouts of course)

1M a year would be nothing to them, hell, even 1M just to develop an ingame matchmaking system and optimize the game would be nothing to them

Fuxx

REMOVE

Quoted from kzr_

because Valve is a shit developer company. They only care about $$$, so they develop a game until it’s maximal profit point and then they move to the next thing. They did it to cs 1.6, css, Half-life, TF2 and next will be dota2 and cs:go. If they cared about the people that gave them that $139M they would listen more to the community and do better things.

By the way, they had some good updates this past year, like the two cities update. When they do it good, we gotta praise them.

Except that 99% of the time the community only spouts intolerable bullshit so it’s acceptable if some people don’t get satisfied, but it is of course outraging just how money-grubbing and greedy this company has become over the years. The image of “saviors of the gaming industry” that was attributed to them so often in the past is falling apart and they don’t seem to either notice or care.

emb

(Legend)
ciortai

Quoted from kzr_

Attitudes like this might have something to do with it.

Tuto

8-)

No way, how can Nexon games earn so much money? It’s the most greedy fucking company ever, how can people still support it…

unu

If only the competitive community were given 1% of that….

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 ... 4 Next »