Forum

Coalplant

Created 15th January 2014 @ 15:32

Add A Reply Pages: 1

Vaskie

BulletClub

I honestly find it ridiculous that everyone was playing Coalplant and previously Ashville in ESEA and other leagues and there were no problems, yet when ETF2L implements it FPS issues start being a problem..

“Coalplant has been removed, due to poor fps optimization on the map for lower performance systems.”

Yet, if you check Scorpiouprising post on TF.tv you will see that he actually went through the trouble of optimizing the map as much as he could cause of ETF2L.. yet, after him putting the effort it still doesn’t get used – http://teamfortress.tv/forum/thread/10687-koth-coalplant-koth-ash-redux/2#post-42

I honestly got nothing agains’t the admins, unfortunately i haven’t been able to play for quite a long time due to life but when i did play the admins were always fantastic but as of lately there seems to be certain changes and rules that just come out of the blue.

I should probably say as well that i don’t personally like Coalplant (from watching ESEA) and much prefer Metalworks or any other map but the whole post is about the wrong decision being taken despite work being put towards solving the issue.

kaidus

WiK?

Very odd decision indeed, but the map sucks so oh well!

doks

coalplant can go suck on a railroad spike!

Vaskie

BulletClub

Kaidus, by all means the map isn’t great at least not in my opinion, but i think you can agree that it’s a really strange decision indeed. Taking into account that the map maker went through the trouble of changing and working on the map cause of the issues that were mentioned, and then ETF2L admins just decide to change.

Yet another reason for map makers to not care about Competitive. There is usually no feedback, none willing to test new maps, and then when changes are made for competitive they aren’t taken into account for a new season.

wwww

ISIS
Panopticon

coalplant is better then metalworks , imo.

Permzilla

(Legend)
(☞゚ヮ゚)☞
WiK?

Quoted from Vaskie

Kaidus, by all means the map isn’t great at least not in my opinion, but i think you can agree that it’s a really strange decision indeed. Taking into account that the map maker went through the trouble of changing and working on the map cause of the issues that were mentioned, and then ETF2L admins just decide to change.

Yet another reason for map makers to not care about Competitive. There is usually no feedback, none willing to test new maps, and then when changes are made for competitive they aren’t taken into account for a new season.

The map was released last night, after some internal testing which isn’t very useful it meant we had two options

1) Keep coalplant in regardless of whether the newer version fixes the issues (note Map creator Scorpio Uprising had this to say: ”Ashville had a very specific layout that kind of screws with optimization, and coalplant is basically the same”). Risky. What if the new version doesn’t solve/improve the fps issues?

2) Replace coalplant due to fps issues people were having on low-end performance computers and laptops.

I want to make it clear that if we had a nice version of coalplant with no fps issues in time it would have been kept in the pool . Obviously a map in which people experience serious fps drops is not acceptable, even if it is in the minority.

Last edited by Permzilla,

Add A Reply Pages: 1