Forum

So I just watched the dreamhack vods.....

Created 3rd December 2013 @ 15:59

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 4 5 6 ... 9 Next »

Gubbins

Op4

Canfo doesn’t need to justify what he did. It was a positive move and his exit was glorious. Turbo, I understand your point, at least the game’s already dead, we aren’t going to reboot it without an incredible campaign at a main even. Saint, you’re so ridiculously awkward and socially inept, even your posts on this thread make me cringe, please go outside, there is no way in hell you’d say any of this if you weren’t behind a screen.

Edit: Can someone fix my phone? It drains my battery while charging unless it’s off.

Last edited by Gubbins,

Hank

FAINT

Last edited by Hank,

ondkaja

IKEA

Quoted from Turbo

[…]

I think there is a genuine criticism to be made of how tf2 was handled at this event. So don’t get defensive. (even if i did make a trolly first post :>) I will try be constructive with it so here goes.

Why couldn’t anyone stream this “amazing display of sportsmanship”. Literally no one even knew what you guys did at dreamhack at all. If not through a dreamhack stream then someone could have at least shoutcasted it. The whole thing seemed super rushed and not planned out.

If you weren’t at dream hack. Which the majority of the people you want to spread tf2 too were not. Then the only hint of tf2 even being there was a small post on the site. And this prize ceremony which was streamed. And that ceremony was bad and embarrassing.

And no offense (But here is something offensive) But you guys at saints really aren’t the creme of the crop of tf2. Most of you are massive internet tough guys with no real positive effect on the tf2 community at all. I know they scraped the bottom of the barrel but jeez. I mean you all threw your toys out the pram when you didn’t get prem. PILLARS OF THE TF2 COMMUNITY? Give me a break.

But you are right any tf2 at dreamhack is good. Just next time get someone to provide the thousands of viewers some context at least. Or better yet tf2 being played :D

And cheers canfo I’m sure you did a amazing job.

I don’t see how you don’t understand this.

The original intent of this thread – and it is very obvious – isn’t intended as constructive criticism. I appreciate you do it now though, as it actually gives room for discussion and can lead to improvements.

KritzKast actually streamed this event, but due to being arranged on such a short time (I first knew I was going to attend last Tuesday), it wasn’t that well prepared and a lot of things were set up on the go. However, this event – as stated above by Canfo – wasn’t intended as an event for competitive players, instead it was intended as an event for the attenders at DreamHack.

We might not be the best players, but we were the only players within the vicinity of DreamHack that could attend on such a short notice. Like I said, it wasn’t clear who was going to attend until the very least week before the event, due to people not knowing whether they could attend or not. The original intent was to bring d1/prem scouts to the event and have a scout MGE cup, but nobody except Dennia was able to attend. Then he tried looking for just d1/prem TF2 players and have an all-class tournament, and the final roster of the event was the only people who were able to (or could be arsed to attend). Nevertheless, being there with slightly worse players (which is not going to matter anyway since we’re mostly playing against people new to the game) is better than not showing up at all.

No positive effect at all? The positive effect that we bring sponsors into the community (through Publiclir), we attend almost every event that is being arranged whether it being going to LAN or playing in online tournament. That is the positive effect that we bring into the game. Somewhere in the future, there is going to be a Publiclir TF2 cup with prizes, and I’m there in a corner, helping arranging the cup. May not be much, but it’s a start at least, and I’m planning to do a lot more for the community in the future.

Yes, I am an internet tough guy, not the rest of the team, they are quite nice guys. It’s a bad habit but don’t let that get in the way, it has nothing to do with DreamHack since I use my real personality there and not my internet personality.

SorroW

iveR
VDOH

tbh i dont really think the caster/players who were on the stage were the main problem, there were maybe 5 guys in the crowd who actually clapped/shouted/did anything but stare, you cant really do anything with that kind of crowd without it being awkward, JUST SAYIN.

Kemor

Quoted from Gubbins

Canfo doesn’t need to justify what he did. It was a positive move and his exit was glorious. Turbo, I understand your point, at least the game’s already dead, we aren’t going to reboot it without an incredible campaign at a main even. Saint, you’re so ridiculously awkward and socially inept, even your posts on this thread make me cringe, please go outside, there is no way in hell you’d say any of this if you weren’t behind a screen.

Edit: Can someone fix my phone? It drains my battery while charging unless it’s off.

I would pay to see kaja talk trash about Poland to my face like he did on kaidus chat. Back to the topic, I watched some of the main stage with Saints standing there being shy, but to be honest i thought the host knew absolutely fucking nothing about what he was talking about. Great job by CanFo and his group for making it happen, it was nice to watch these lines to play mge with vani, but what the fuck did you expect? TF2 never was and will never be an esport.

Hank

FAINT

we got asked to go to the lan and so we did and now when its all over we just get shit thrown down our neck and getting all the hate.

But seriously can we just stop trash talking each other and move on

Toba

(a boT from the North)
Lutunen

Quoted from Permzilla

CanFo is a boss

Quoted from huhystah

I just don’t understand. You really should appreciate the effort from CanFo, Mia and GipsArm. TF2 was featured in such event… How awesome is that?! While I agree that the stream for it wasn’t very good, I suppose they either didn’t think about streaming the cup or didn’t have enough time. Anyway, please quit bitching and be happy.

all PR is good PR

sidestep

(ETF2L Donator)
bobs

Quoted from Hank

we got asked to go to the lan and so we did and now when its all over we just get shit thrown down our neck and getting all the hate.

But seriously can we just stop trash talking each other and move on

welcome to the internet

winterz

(è_é)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31LgVO3-Vq8

san alex

that lack of style.. thats the reason why tf2 doesn’t go forward!

http://www.gamerculture.com/lifestyle/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/Victorious-Korean-League-of-Legends-SK-Telecom-team-give-Cologne-crowd-a-Nazi-salute.jpg

Last edited by san alex,

I wouldn’t pay attention to Turbomonkey’s posts, he made a good job of making himself look like a fool.

You went there, played some games and you guys shaking hands with your opponents is all I wanted to hear about.

gg!

MEGAMIDDIE

PINT

honestly I reckon they did better than a lot of people would, super awkward people like me would have had difficulty going on stage, let alone have the audacity to get out a packet of crisps

this post is 100% serious even though it sounds slightly backhanded, its really not meant to

Last edited by MEGAMIDDIE,

alba

duplo

Canfo did a great job!

Last edited by alba,

Limp.

EPA

Quoted from Gubbins

Might be just charger wire broken, mine did this but after new charger it was fine again.

Gubbins

Op4

Quoted from Limp.

[…]

Might be just charger wire broken, mine did this but after new charger it was fine again.

I’ve tried like 3 others. Might be that it keeps disconnecting cos my phone’s a slut.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 4 5 6 ... 9 Next »