Forum

Lower reload time from 3 seconds to 1.5 seconds

Created 2nd November 2013 @ 00:01

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 Next »

toogyboogy

(ETF2L Donator)
SOFT
bobs

max heal has dropped from 150 to 100. I still think the crossbow is good to have though.

aura

proby some pub players posted some thread on steam forums regarding xbow being OP and valve listened to it

Last edited by aura,

Zangetsu

4SKINGS

good bye xbow era
welcome back syringe gun

skeej

(ETF2L Donator)
UbeR |
Fe |

what a mess… plz revert to pre-passive reload changes

vani

Bully

This affects highlander more than 6v6. Needles are superior in self defense, would take them any day over this burst healing / long range luck shot gimmick

Cuttlefish

6v6

Quoted from vani

This affects highlander more than 6v6. Needles are superior in self defense, would take them any day over this burst healing / long range luck shot gimmick

+1 to this.
Although it’s mainly because I hate low-div Medics who spend their entire team shooting their bow then dying because they overextended

SmitZ

Quoted from vani

real men use needles

skeej

(ETF2L Donator)
UbeR |
Fe |

Quoted from vani

I understand what you mean but the stuff about highlander is so not true :D Have you ever played HL medic? There’s never a fraction of a second where its a good thing to whip out anything else than medigun, considering there’s always at least 5 players begging for heals at the same time…

Anyway RIP XBOW… It was fun while it lasted. No point using it for 20 dmg shots when 2 syringes already do the same damage…

Bulow

GG

For highlander the crossbow was great when the set bonus still existed. Being able to heal at long range is nice, but defensively it’s pretty useless now.

AnimaL

its ok, valve will realise nobody uses xbow now and will change something again…in 6 months..

Limp.

EPA

Quoted from Russian Guyovich

I don’t understand. All they had to do was fix the reload exploit and it was perfect.

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/720868005091558495/E3ECCCD8AB89340F5B5EAFE118E184E2A37FBCC1/

50 damage from that far away? Back to needles I guess.

only retards dont understand

Swedish Santa

I agree with so many points. I mean, I can deal with the damage nerf but nerfing the healing done is totally uncalled for. The crossbow is so much less viable now that I can’t burst heal anyone so much anymore and the damage is so bad, 2 single needles do now more damage than a crossbow bolt.

Setsul

Quoted from Swedish Santa

I agree with so many points. I mean, I can deal with the damage nerf but nerfing the healing done is totally uncalled for. The crossbow is so much less viable now that I can’t burst heal anyone so much anymore and the damage is so bad, 2 single needles do now more damage than a crossbow bolt.

2*12 > 25
legit maths

jakeowaty

Long time xbow user here.

When I first saw the buff I was extatic. Who wouldn’t be, I mean, additional heals without having to wait with the reload? It’s awesome.

I saw the exploit and tried on pubs, it was something really necessary.

The nerf though? I can swallow the damage nerf, but the biggest advantage Xbow had was the healing burst. Even though you have the passive reload right now, it requires a lot more aiming, precision to even deal out those heals to your teammates cause of the heal nerf, I wouldn’t even bother shooting enemies with it.

A sneeze deals more damage than Xbow right now.

If I’d still be playing competetive, I’d switch back to needles. Simply because Crossbow is not worth having, even with those long range passive reload heals, and with the needles you can still defend yourself and save up the uber instead of dropping it due to 5 crossbow needles sticking out of the Scout.

Swedish Santa

Quoted from Setsul

[…]
2*12 > 25
legit maths

C’mon dude… I know it was a small exaggeration but you don’t have to prove me wrong to a small thing like this. But I shall correct myself, 3 needles do more damage than a crossbow bolt. Yet, I find it easier to connect 3 needles within 2 seconds than connecting a single bolt in that short amount of time.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 Next »