Forum

The new Winger

Created 31st October 2013 @ 17:33

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 3 Next »

Toba

(a boT from the North)
Lutunen

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b01kR4fO8A0

– 25% higher jump attribute applies to both jumps, so now scout can jump up to 50% higher than normal now.

So is it more useful/viable now in comp. tf2?

Last edited by Toba,

Cuttlefish

6v6

More utility, more jumps – yes.

Last edited by Cuttlefish,

Setsul

So both jumps being 25% higher makes them both combined 50% higher than two non-125% jumps? I don’t think that’s how math works.

walters

Winger OP!

ducky

edit: nvm

Last edited by ducky,

Popcorp

in HL, if you combine it with Atomizer, it becomes even more OP, still wish effect was passive, then it would be the best Sidegrade Secondary weapon for Scout

Quoted from Setsul

So both jumps being 25% higher makes them both combined 50% higher than two non-125% jumps? I don’t think that’s how math works.

The +25% jump height used to only apply to the first jump.

crouton

LEGO

Try Winger on metalworks mid, the old one was good, new one should be even better. You can get on top of crate from next to the truck, can control top pretty well.

Probably worth it on Granary mid as well after the patch. This was the most pistol-heavy mid before though, so maybe not.

Process, maybe. Some new places to get on top, most likely not worth it.

Badlands I don’t see a huge use for it on mid, and spire has a healthkit so you can basher-jump for free.

On Snakewater and Viaduct I don’t see a use outside of dodgin, don’t know of any jumps that are worth it.

basshead

mid

alias “+winger” “slot2”
alias “-winger” “lastinv”

bind mouse2 “+winger”

from tftv

hold mouse 2 to fly

Last edited by basshead,

Setsul

Quoted from Solid

[…]

The +25% jump height used to only apply to the first jump.

Either it was +25% jump height on one jump and 12,5% on both jumps before so it’s now +25% on both jumps and +25% in total so it’s now +25% in total or it was +50% on one jump and +25% in total so it’s now +50% in total.
Either way it doesn’t add up. +25% jump height never equals +50% jump height.

Asaaj

Amazing

Casual

prtyboiz
T⑨

Ok let’s do math, x is height of a single jump

Normal double jump: x + x = 2*x
OldWinger double jump: x*1.25 + x = x*(1.25+1) = x*2.25
NewWinger double jump: x*1.25 + x*1.25 = x*(1.25+1.25) = x*2.50

This means the new winger double jump is (x*2.50 / (2*x) = 1.25) 25% times higher than a regular double jump and (x*2.50 / (x*2.25) = 1.11...) 11% times higher than the old winger double jump.

Last edited by Casual,

kaidus

WiK?

10/10 maths in original post

Zangetsu

4SKINGS

Quoted from Casual

Ok let’s do math, x is height of a single jump

Normal double jump: x + x = 2*x
OldWinger double jump: x*1.25 + x = x*(1.25+1) = x*2.25
NewWinger double jump: x*1.25 + x*1.25 = x*(1.25+1.25) = x*2.50

This means the new winger double jump is (x*2.50 / (2*x) = 1.25) 25% times higher than a regular double jump and (x*2.50 / (x*2.25) = 1.11...) 11% times higher than the old winger double jump.

10/10 would rape

botman

don’t care about the maths, I like it

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 3 Next »