Forum

Grasshopper requires Master

Created 9th October 2013 @ 13:41

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »

Marky

Hi I am Mark and given I should now have the time to do it, I thought I would give competitive TF2 a whirl. I have played TF2 for like 5 years+ but never competitive so I am not sure of my skill level.

Any help on joining a team etc would be greatly appreciated. I am 30 and from the UK.

Thanks

Smirre

duplo

Make a recruitment post in the recruitment section, and you are div 6 because you have no competetive experience.

Last edited by Smirre,

Tuto

8-)

*insert misleading title here*

Marky

Is it misleading? Sorry I just thought it was more interesting than “Help me I am new”. I can’t see how to create a post in the recruitment section….

I got an add from a new/low practice group so I will try and speak to one of the dudes there. I am such a noob.

kKaltUu

UbeR |
-chess-

Quoted from Tuto

Not really misleading if he’s looking for a mentor.

Anyway, thanks for joining us Marky, I’d suggest you check out the help (6v6 or HL) section just above these posts. A recruitment post is the easiest way to get on a team. As for mentors: it depends on the format you’re interested in joining and your availability (and of course, the amount of people offering mentorship).

Marky

I have read most of the new player read me’s but I have exactly 0 friends who play competitive TF2 so don’t really have a clue how it all works.

I was kinda hoping I could get someone with experience to chat to me on steam so they can answer all my stupid questions and hold my hand.

I assume a mentor will train you at in game skills but surely it is more beneficial to train as a team?

Quoted from Tuto

Grasshopper refers to new people as well. The title isn’t misleading. :)

+1 to Kkaltuu.

Add me on Steam Marky if you don’t find someone to talk with. I’ll be home around 20 CET, still at work.

Joshi

added you

Monkeh

.:ne:.
.:ne:.

Welcome welcome. Feel free to add me if you want to talk about stuff. Like, girls, relationships or that nasty rash on your scrotum. Any of those or just comp. TF2. :)

I am also in my 4th decade. Yay oldies.

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

https://www.youtube.com/user/MyGamingEdge/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_index=2

Should watch these. Some things have been patched (such as the equalizer), but it is still good to watch.

Spike Himself

TC

Grasshopper because soldier, right? Army guy?

Feel free to add me on steam anyway.

Freakie

KOLAR
.awkward

Doesn’t seem like a lot of hours for someone with 5 years in the game, to be frank.

You can add me if you wish; I play both 6v6 and Highlander (assuming you know the difference) on a decent skill level. I’d be more than willing to help.

Last edited by Freakie,

Henghast

open
bobs

Quoted from Spike Himself

Grasshopper because soldier, right? Army guy?

Feel free to add me on steam anyway.

Karate Kid. seriously Spike you’re old enough to have been Mr Miyagi in the original and you don’t know this?

Last edited by Henghast,

Marky

Its actually from Kung Fu (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kung_Fu_(TV_series)) which is 10 years before my time.

I must say I have had some great support from people who have added me and shown me the ropes today. Many thanks guys…. High five yourself ETF2L ;-)

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »