“Updated The Sticky Jumper to only allow 2 active stickybombs at a time”

Discuss

jwso

( ͡~ ͜ʖ ͡9

where would you need more than 2 stickies

Falcon0408

Quoted from jwso

Jump maps where you need to fall a long way, have 2 sticks on the ground to stop you, and usually have fired the third just before you det the first 2 so you can start pogo before you hit the ground. But in general you won’t ever need to jump with more than 2 on the ground…

Beater

Danmark
LEGO

I liked putting 8 stickies in spawn and instantly teleporting to some random part of the map :(

Russian Guyovich

(Surging Meat Cable)
[T-A!]LoS

It probably isn’t going to be that big of a deal, but I am curious to hear Valve’s reasons behind the decision.

Last edited by Russian Guyovich,

Dogghi

бекон

Quoted from Falcon0408

[…]

Jump maps where you need to fall a long way, have 2 sticks on the ground to stop you, and usually have fired the third just before you det the first 2 so you can start pogo before you hit the ground. But in general you won’t ever need to jump with more than 2 on the ground…

you can play jump maps with the normal sticky launcher since there is always regen on

crouton

LEGO

Quoted from jwso

pl_upward for one.

easyGame

Quoted from Russian Guyovich

It probably isn’t going to be that big of a deal, but I am curious to hear Valve’s reasons behind the decision.

“We heard people were having fun, which is absolute no go according to our gamepolicies.”

Last edited by easyGame,

Oxy

TC.Express

RIP long range sticky caber’s.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lnlalBaKm1c

I will miss you.

unu

Quoted from easyGame

[…]

“We heard people were having fun, which is absolute no go according to our gamepolicies.”

lol, sadly that seems like valve logic :/

neon

:think:

I don’t mind. I prefer airpogoing.

rviens

I think Valve was aiming the change more at pub/highlander players, rather than jump map players. It’s kind of ridiculous that a class like demoman can travel insane distances without taking any damage. With two stickies you can still do the offensive jump for the med in badwater with your caber, etc. The change is good, it’s impossible to hit a demo flying at an insane speed where only hitscan classes can hit him, and even then it’s difficult. Nerfing the mobility of that class was a good decision if you take it from that point of view.

Most jumps maps are created with the consideration, that most players don’t have sticky jumpers, so you are kind of intended to do the jumps with a normal sticky launcher. Also it takes a little more skill because you take damage, and that makes you reconsider the tactics that you used before when you had a sticky launcher.

My suggestion would be:
Make the sticky jumper reload faster than the sticky launcher. That way a demo will be able to sticky jump from a place to a place quite quickly, only not at the speed we are all used to. I don’t play much highlander, however I hate seeing a demo teleport over my head because he just sticky jumped with 8 stickies into our spawn…

2 stickies are OK, the sticky jumper should be used as a quicker way to get around the map, like rocketjumping for example, not to make bullshit plays that break the game.

Nuky

Quoted from Beater

I liked putting 8 stickies in spawn and instantly teleporting to some random part of the map :(

Spriggan

10.27.2010 – 9.16.2013
RIP

Freddy

and of all the garbage broken unlocks, bugs, glitches and annoyances they could have spent their time on, they chose THIS, dear ladies and gentleman – the funniest unlock in the game, now a thousand times less fun. Completely uncalled for and for no good reason..:(

The tiny bit of faith I still had in Valve is officially gone now.

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »