Forum

Bonk'd, a TF2 podcast

Created 15th September 2013 @ 22:03

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 Next »

Tomu

BoyBrigade
MEGA$$

But then what would we call ETF2L if we let the pesky americans have their own division.

irfx

EPA

Quoted from Bulow

The last proper season, where SDW were pretty average during the main season due to a lot of roster issues. They fixed them towards the end of the season, came about 7th or 8th in the table I think, lost their first playoff game…and then hit some really good form and went on to win.

They were given the hero they deserve :D

UGC is a better league than WP because it differs from ETF2L strongly. WP is just a clone of ETF2L = worthless. The playoff system is the thing that makes UGC unpredictable till the finals. Especially when you play for a favourite team and lose in round 1 or play for an underdog and win double elimination after dropping into loser bracket. Oh, and the most inmportant. This medals have only very good team.

inf-TP

TP

Jay, nice job and keep up the good work. Don’t let old bitter Hildy try to convince you otherwise. Wireplay, ETF2L all have their own dedicated news agencies. There’s no reason UGC EU can’t have a little something as well. You don’t see ol’ Hildy complaining to the EU TF2 news organizations about why they are not covering UGC, do you? He obviously has an agenda here, trying to get back at the league that gave him a voice in the highlander community. Ever since his much deserved ban on our forums hes gone around the tf2 sites trying to incite hate for UGC out of his anger. Unfortunately for him, it’s not working :)

Last edited by inf-TP,

Russian Guyovich

(Surging Meat Cable)
[T-A!]LoS

Quoted from inf-TP

Jay, nice job and keep up the good work. Don’t let old bitter Hildy try to convince you otherwise. Wireplay, ETF2L all have their own dedicated news agencies. There’s no reason UGC EU can’t have a little something as well. You don’t see ol’ Hildy complaining to the EU TF2 news organizations about why they are not covering UGC, do you? He obviously has an agenda here, trying to get back at the league that gave him a voice in the highlander community. Ever since his much deserved ban on our forums hes gone around the tf2 sites trying to incite hate for UGC out of his anger. Unfortunately for him, it’s not working :)

Doesn’t sound like the master plan for someone who created a HL team to play in UGC and then switched to Wireplay after requesting feedback from others:

http://teamfortress.tv/forum/thread/11588-ugc-euro-worth-playing

inf-TP

TP

Quoted from Russian Guyovich

[…]

Doesn’t sound like the master plan for someone who created a HL team to play in UGC and then switched to Wireplay after requesting feedback from others:

http://teamfortress.tv/forum/thread/11588-ugc-euro-worth-playing

Glad you brought that one up as I might as well add this other post criticizing our pre season matches. All part of the master plan :)

http://teamfortress.tv/forum/thread/12177/1#post-193296

Russian Guyovich

(Surging Meat Cable)
[T-A!]LoS

Quoted from inf-TP

Glad you brought that one up as I might as well add this other post criticizing our pre season matches. All part of the master plan :)

http://teamfortress.tv/forum/thread/12177/1#post-193296

I can’t believe this post/thread actually bothers you, because it’s well-written, based on personal experience and explains the reasons nicely along with a suggested alternative. If it just said “playoffs are pointless and shit lol” then I could understand why you might think there’s an anti-UGC agenda. I see you replied to the thread anyway so surely it’s a non-issue?

You should read some of the comments posted here on etf2l if you want to see some truly inappropriate criticism :P

inf-TP

TP

It doesn’t bother me, what got me interested in this thread is the criticism Jay received for focusing his highlander coverage on UGC. It’s important to realize the source of the criticism has an agenda.

Tomu

BoyBrigade
MEGA$$

Quoted from inf-TP

It doesn’t bother me, what got me interested in this thread is the criticism Jay received for focusing his highlander coverage on UGC. It’s important to realize the source of the criticism has an agenda.

All criticism has an agenda.

But Hildreth’s agenda really wouldn’t be to “get back at UGC for forum ban” because aside from him being the best thing on those forums what else does those forums have for him? It’s probably because Wireplay has the same amount of top teams to watch as UGC does right now, if not more, and they’re playing for something. Secondly he would probably like some coverage for his team especially as they’re new.

Admittedly, I don’t think Hildreth would put that much thought into a forum post but hey, you can go with paranoia, it works too.

andyvich

Blame Andy

We don’t have any agendas :(

The truth of the story is that during recording, Wireplay’s website was down. We’d have liked to have a quick look through stuff and be all like OH SHIT SMITZ IS IN A TEAM WITH A REALLY SHIT NAME, but we just didn’t have that option.

Quoted from Freakie

Thanks for the slander, Andyvich.

np

Last edited by andyvich,

Russian Guyovich

(Surging Meat Cable)
[T-A!]LoS

Quoted from andyvich

We don’t have any agendas :(

Infinite was referring to Hildreth dood

Last edited by Russian Guyovich,

Hildreth

Bully
Pander

Oh god he’s posting here now.

Do you not think I would not have made a critical post about UGC if I didn’t care about it improving? If I didn’t care I would have just completely dismissed the league, I never talk about things I don’t care about. I wish I could be as paranoid as you about these subjects, enjoy speculating false opinions and misinterpreting statements the rest of your life, I will be sleeping easy.

andyvich

Blame Andy

Quoted from Russian Guyovich

[…]

Infinite was referring to Hildreth dood

Yeah, I just kind of wanted to put it out there, considering the whole “COVER WIREPLAY! COVER UGC!” debate going on in this thread.

We just don’t have any agendas, honest. We’re not even sure who next weeks guests are. We’ll probably always cover UGC because it’s where me & TJB are from, but at the same time Wireplay does look really interesting this season.

A lot of people have said that Wireplay has the higher-level teams and deserves more coverage, but Bonk’d didn’t start as a podcast to talk about UGC Platinum. We started off talking about Silver & Steel.

High-level play is not a priority (for me at least) compared to that nice feeling you get when you say “hey, this group of nine friends in Steel are doing really well, good job guys” and they all add you on Steam to be starstruck afterwards.

Maybe that’s my agenda. Natural highs > TF2.

Enders Flame

And in fairness there are tonnes of team in UGC still so presumably they are interested in it! Other people can podcast/write/whatever about wireplay I am sure if they want to. Not entirely sure how this post descended into drama tbh, bunch of drama-mungers the lot of ya :P.

Tomu

BoyBrigade
MEGA$$

Quoted from Enders Flame

And in fairness there are tonnes of team in UGC still so presumably they are interested in it! Other people can podcast/write/whatever about wireplay I am sure if they want to. Not entirely sure how this post descended into drama tbh, bunch of drama-mungers the lot of ya :P.

Infinite happened.

Tomu

BoyBrigade
MEGA$$

http://youtu.be/6q3x9iRG2a4

Andy did a new ep with Bananaman.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 Next »