Forum

ETF2L Season 16 Map Pool - Ideas

Created 30th August 2013 @ 12:37

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 ... 11 Next »

Setlet

People will always vote for a map they have played instead of new potential maps.

aka obscure and freight

Popcorp

Why not Edifice instead of Gpit?
we seriously need new maps and maybe more unlocks, because some very good players left 6s because it’s boring

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

Can I just say that I find “6s” such an aids word.

basshead

mid

Quoted from Popcorp

because some very good players left 6s because it’s boring

who??

Monkeh

.:ne:.
.:ne:.

Quoted from Meeto

[…]

GPIT IS A FUN MAP THAT PROMOTES SWITCHING UP TACTICS.

#PERMAHEAVY
#ENGIE

Not wanting to sound like an elitist jerk but…

You’ve never played gpit in an official 6v6. Do we play it once so one mistake can cost your team 3 poibts? Do we play bo3 so its gpit and gpit only for an hour and a half? Do you actually like playing against a heavy? Attacking can be so dull. Build charge as teamates suicide. Push. Fail. Yawn.

Dunno, mebbe gpit has had its day.

Last edited by Monkeh,

JackyLegs

4SKINGS
SDCK!

Well if we DON’T suggest obscure and frieght, it won’t get into the poll.
If they will create a TF.TV thread about it then they will do like Killing did, listen to the comments that got +fragged.
Also the ETF2L admins will probably undertstand what maps can actually do good to the game instead of trying old maps that failed.

fraac

JOHN
CENATION

Quoted from Koeitje

Can I just say that I find “6s” such an aids word.

I find “aids” cancer.

Meeto

Quoted from Monkeh

[…]

Not wanting to sound like an elitist jerk but…

You’ve never played gpit in an official 6v6. Do we play it once so one mistake can cost your team 3 poibts? Do we play bo3 so its gpit and gpit only for an hour and a half? Do you actually like playing against a heavy? Attacking can be so dull. Build charge as teamates suicide. Push. Fail. Yawn.

Dunno, mebbe gpit has had its day.

I do think this is really about gpit; it’s about adding more diversity to the competitive scene. The reason NA is so fun to watch is because it’s consistently shifting and improving with the game. The Europe comp scene is stale. Is it really fun to see the same old strats over and over? Viaduct was a breath of fresh air, but it wont last long. The game is evolving, and from what I’ve seen, the players want EU comp to evolve with it. It doesnt have to be thrown straight into officials, advertise it as a potential map, get players from ALL divs, not just 1 and Prem to try it out in mixes, pcw’s etc and see what the feedback is.

CanFo

(Legend)
[HA]
#T4F

Some people have a memory like a goldfish…

alba

duplo

Only good change would be granary pro instead of granary

alba

duplo

And btw no one likes to play gpit, its not fun at all to play imo. There is a reason gpit left the map pool

Permzilla

(Legend)
(☞゚ヮ゚)☞
WiK?

Quoted from CanFo

Some people have a memory like a goldfish…

Captainhax

AwS
DA!

Quoted from alba

And btw no one likes to play gpit, its not fun at all to play imo. There is a reason gpit left the map pool

Because of cry babies like you? :((((

This map was ace.

In general we need more diversity in the mappool. Introducing one or two new maps every season could be a good idea. You’ll get better game because the level will be less spread.

The only problem seems that there are only few maps that are really good/interesting to play.

Last edited by Captainhax,

Smyther

X

Quoted from Meeto

[…]

I do think this is really about gpit; it’s about adding more diversity to the competitive scene. The reason NA is so fun to watch is because it’s consistently shifting and improving with the game. The Europe comp scene is stale. Is it really fun to see the same old strats over and over? Viaduct was a breath of fresh air, but it wont last long. The game is evolving, and from what I’ve seen, the players want EU comp to evolve with it. It doesnt have to be thrown straight into officials, advertise it as a potential map, get players from ALL divs, not just 1 and Prem to try it out in mixes, pcw’s etc and see what the feedback is.

Mmmm no. Ideally, we’d have a variety of good maps, but in a choice between variety and good maps, good maps is the better choice. Gpit is not a good map and there are other options avaiable.

The community has been playing/stuck with gpit since forever; it was around in the beta. The map is not conducive to fun 6v6 games. It’s too slow-paced and does not allow much opportunity for comebacks, since ABBA restricts you to 2 shots at attacking and defending.

Last edited by Smyther,

Mast

-=CFMC=-

when gpit was played at i46 grand final. I remember just sitting in the crowd twiddling my thumbs thinking “this is so boring”

Last edited by Mast,

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 ... 11 Next »