Forum

No point in renamed medi-guns

Created 28th August 2013 @ 05:45

Add A Reply Pages: 1

Python

With this new update you can get a real-time 3D model of your character and disguise victim (if you were playing spy) if you happen to disguise as a medic, you could easily see what medi-gun they’re using rendering renamed medi-guns useless against spies rly

Last edited by Python,

alba

duplo

Well it would kill suprise kritz because you could just go easilly go spy and check before rolling to mid as scout, its possible to check as spy but you can just rename your stuff to like healbeam healbeam which i think is good

jwso

( ͡~ ͜ʖ ͡9

that is lame

Niicol

dc.
-ugo?-

how to enable it?

*wants to try*

Enef

fest
#wubafan

The point of valve introducing name tags was never for strategic reasons, so the “point” of renaming mediguns is still valid, the strategy however of renaming them is pointless now.

toogyboogy

(ETF2L Donator)
SOFT
bobs

still doesnt change the fact that kritz builds faster than uber, making kritz still VIABLE

hr

Well there goes a name tag despite the fact I’ve never played medic nor do I intend to.

Selek

Dr. med.

The fact of having a nametag influence gameplay is a questionable effect anyway, IMHO.

private_meta

STDs

From what i habe Seen for now the only was to get it until HUD makers adapt is the default HUD. in the default HUD the medigun is covered by the name of the player you disguise as. that being said, it won’t change much in 6es, and it won’t disadvantage people who dont/cant afford a nametag

AnimaL

Quoted from private_meta

From what i habe Seen for now the only was to get it until HUD makers adapt is the default HUD. in the default HUD the medigun is covered by the name of the player you disguise as. that being said, it won’t change much in 6es, and it won’t disadvantage people who dont/cant afford a nametag

isn’t adding the element only as hard as copy pasting a single paragraph in a hud file? i havnt pld tf2 recently but i doubt its more complicated than that and changing positions is literally two numbers

edit: yes it is

> paste this http://pastebin.com/77m2z7Kt in the end of hudplayerclass.res
> make sure you dont overwrite the last } bracket so that it closes whole file or add more of them if you need
> change classmodelpanelBG to “tall” “0” if you dont want the default background
and voila

only problem now is that it might distract :DD

Last edited by AnimaL,

Selek

Dr. med.

Very helpful, cheers :)

The default red scout reappears whenever I disguise, any idea how to disable that?

Interestingly, if I reload the HUD after disguising, he disappears. That’s not a viable long-term method, though ;)

[edit]
got it, I changed in PlayerStatusClassImage “visible” “0”.

Also, I changed under “classmodelpanel” the “ypos” to “r235” [$WIN32] (may be dependent on the resolution) so the gun is not under the info bar anymore.

Finally, under “Medic” changing to “angles_y” “210” makes the healguns easier to distinguish.

Last edited by Selek,

Add A Reply Pages: 1