Forum

ESEA in Europe

Created 13th August 2013 @ 00:17

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 14 15 16 ... 22 Next »

Kaneco

Quoted from CanFo

[…]
Reevaluating. The used model was clearly not accepted and the signups did not justify the prize pool (~3 signups per week).

I really hope you dont decide to pull the support from tf2. The potential is there, we just need the community to embrace it.

It might have had a rocky start but I can see it having future.

AcidReniX

RaWr ::

I don’t mean to be negative, but I don’t really get why people think ESEA is the answer to Europe’s competitive TF2 scene woes. Surely an aggressive sponsorship drive (someone with a business mind / experience approaching a number of companies with proper sponsorship proposals highlighting exposure and potential return), direct collaboration with the TF2 coverage organisations, and prize pools for lower divisions could result in a far better deal than asking every TF2 player to pay some money to play a game they can already play competitively for free.

I highly doubt any season soon ESEA will be paying for teams to fly over to Dallas or where ever the LAN finals are held, so the only benefits I can see are a prize pool funded by the players with an organisation taking a significant cut… and a little bit of coverage across other FPS games (4000-8000 viewers) when played on the ESEA streams.

Am I supposed to be excited?

Andee

GoT<3
HoT<3

Quoted from Kaneco

[…]

I really hope you dont decide to pull the support from tf2. The potential is there, we just need the community to embrace it.

It might have had a rocky start but I can see it having future.

There was never any potential in TF2 cups. Cups are only viable if you have a huge team/player base and you can fill up a cup quickly with enough teams. In TF2 we don’t have that huge player/team base. So you will always see a few teams sign up and a dull cup with alot of 5-0 victories.

Furthermore I don’t think cups that last a whole sunday will ever become popular here. A team needs 6 players to be online whole day. So chances are high, that a team can’t manage that and will not sign up.

Last edited by Andee,

smziii

(Legendary Ratehacks)
SVIFT

Quoted from AcidReniX

I don’t mean to be negative, but I don’t really get why people think ESEA is the answer to Europe’s competitive TF2 scene woes. Surely an aggressive sponsorship drive (someone with a business mind / experience approaching a number of companies with proper sponsorship proposals highlighting exposure and potential return), direct collaboration with the TF2 coverage organisations, and prize pools for lower divisions could result in a far better deal than asking every TF2 player to pay some money to play a game they can already play competitively for free.

sounds good, are you willing to put your time into it and make it happen?

AcidReniX

RaWr ::

Quoted from smziii

[…]

sounds good, are you willing to put your time into it and make it happen?

No, I’m not. I already put quite a bit of time into TF2 stuff, and if I had more time available, I’d be playing the game rather than just commentating / discussing.

But this is quite a large community, I’m sure there are others who can put a bit in.

Snyyppis

RLM

Quoted from rytis

[…]
maybe caus you can actually WIN from esea?

Now I don’t have any announced figures but with the info I’ve gathered this is the math in terms of winnings:

Prize pool 1200$ - 910€

Spread:
1. 600$ - 455€
2. 270$ - 204€
3. 210$ - 159€
4. 120$ - 91€

Cost:
6 x 6,95$ = 42$ - 32€ a month - 96€ for 3 months

Profit per player:
1st = 359€/6 = 60€ profit
2nd = 108€/6 = 18€ profit
3rd = 63€/6 = 10€ profit
4th = -5€/6 = 1€ loss

So not much more there than I assume one would get from ESA competitions. Of course, if teams do sign up and this catches on, the prize pool will get bigger in the future. But right now, there’s little to no incentive for any team < prem to sign up (unless of course they don't have to pay for the fees themselves)…

edit. And please DO correct me if any of this is wrong, I’m not claiming to have any official figures nor the math correct

Last edited by Snyyppis,

I don’t think ESEA is an answer arx, however I think it is perhaps the start of a composite solution.

Hildreth

Bully
Pander

Aggressive sponsorship drive? We’ve done that for a long time, ESEA offers something unique for European TF2, hence why I have put my own money in to encourage people to play it.

huhystah

Quoted from Angel

I’m looking for one more Team to support in S15 ESEA – EU TF2 Open League.

From you:
1. 1st or 2nd ETF2L Divisions only (D3- can go there).
2. Active and very stable roster in S13 / S14 / S15 ETF2L.

From me: payment for S15 ESEA for whole your team.

If you’re interested in this: drop here the following information:
1. Link to the Team profile at ETF2L.
2. Link to the Team profile at ESEA (six players for S15 expected).
3. Describe why your team wants to participating in ESEA.
4. Your favorite song. :D

Announcement of of the winner: September 8th.

Any updates? Sign-ups are closing soonish.

Admirable

(Toucan Ambassador)

Vanilla Post
http://www.vanillatf2.org/2013/09/esea-eu-whats-the-deal/

fraac

JOHN
CENATION

Will there be a known number of fixtures or does it depend on signups (e.g. play everyone once/twice)?

CanFo

(Legend)
[HA]
#T4F

Quoted from fraac

Will there be a known number of fixtures or does it depend on signups (e.g. play everyone once/twice)?

I believe, it is leaned on the swiss tournament system. The season has a fixed number of play weeks (8) and you got 2 matches per week. If there are more than 17 teams, the first few fixtures are generated randomly and in the following matches you play teams in the same point range (i.e. you do not necessarily play every team). I do not know what happens when there are less than 17 teams but I assume it will be the same (i.e. you could play some teams twice).

CommanderX

(ETF2L Donator)
TEZC

If anyone needs a player I’m more than willing to pay, any skill, any class, hit me up

Angel

Quoted from huhystah

[…]
Any updates? Sign-ups are closing soonish.

I’ve only one application from team reverto with very unstable roster & missing S13. European teams don’t want to play at ESEA. I like ESEA, but Vox populi vox Dei.

Last edited by Angel,

Starkie

ulti?
sniper

Quoted from Angel

[…]

I’ve only one application from team reverto with very unstable roster & missing S13. European teams don’t want to play at ESEA. I like ESEA, but Vox populi vox Dei.

I wouldnt say very
this season: E-thug, Stark, Rising, BaR, Aephage, Huhy
last season: E-thug, Stark, Rising, BaR, Alba/Aephage, Maffi

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 14 15 16 ... 22 Next »