Forum

Medlock mix - Quickfix vs uber vs kritz

Created 13th July 2013 @ 15:16

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 3 Next »

byte

Hi all

Looking to playtest out the quickfix, in different scenarios since the buff it received in the last update, I think it’s a plausible reason to maybe use it.

Think the best way to gather y’all in one group is prolly add me on steam or join irc @ quakenet in #quickfix

Play time will start around 16:45cest

toota

swole.

Cheers

Byte

byte

This was a good turnout, think we realized that Quickfix promotes coordinated team play and focus fire is a must if they are up against it.

I think the max ubercharge rate while building is a bug/should be as per the other two weapons but it’s not a broken weapon and it’s a definitely a different strategy how to play the game.

Also it promotes very fast game play, and way more aggressive play, as you have to use quickfix before say the enemy team get kritz or uber so it’s even faster than what we have atm where if you have uber vs kritz etc…

We also tried the GRU for the heavy the black box, the black box is to be tested again but the GRU was a great addition, making heavy a viable option in 6’s whether you like heavies in 6’s is a matter of opinion I guess…

The highlight vod is available here – VOD of unlocks

Alot of requests to do this again, so people can open up their minds and so on, so may do one tomorrow if not, next weekend.

Also big thanks to Arie/SeriousCat for serveme.tf and the Vanilla server we used <3

Cheers

Byte

Last edited by byte,

MARS^

(ETF2L Donator)
ANIMA
Nein

was fun and nice to try out the quickfix, didn’t stay long enough to see the black box in action though :(

toogyboogy

(ETF2L Donator)
SOFT
bobs

The quickfix is too powerfull in its current state. Medics are unkillable unless you can manage to sync up fucking 400 damage within 2 seconds. The extra movability for the medic (jumping with the soldier) also renders some sticky spots useless (choke on badlands?). Also makes sniper/spy less viable as its harder to hit your shots/backstabs during those crucial moments.

My idea is that you should remove the jumping thingy, and ease up on the self regeneration. As it is currently a scout can hit two perfect meatshots and the medic would still be fine, even if a soldier went chasing after him.

tl;dr quickfix too powerfull

Fool

Aspie
TC.Crash

Quoted from toogyboogy

The quickfix is too powerfull in its current state. Medics are unkillable unless you can manage to sync up fucking 400 damage within 2 seconds.

Medics are unkillable on uber too? Atleast what I’ve heard of..

Quickfix in 6s would make medic so much more fun to play and it’s harder to use correctly than other mediguns so I like it..

It would also bring shitload of new strats to 6s which is always cool..

Sideshow

(ETF2L Donator)
ft.
WiK?

But the rest of your team has shit buffs, the combo is more powerful but the rest of your team should be easier to kill. Plus kritz.

Spike Himself

TC

Quoted from toogyboogy

The quickfix is too powerfull in its current state. Medics are unkillable unless you can manage to sync up fucking 400 damage within 2 seconds.

Sounds like it promotes a fair amount of team work :)

400 damage isn’t very much compared to the infinity of damage required to kill an ubered medic :p

Rake

Lutunen
[hePPa]

You’re missing the bit where the medic is way more mobile and gets the uber faster. It also doesnt suffer from time-reduction when multiubering. It also leads to a bit of a guessing game on midfights.

E: oh i forgot the mention the bit where you dont actually need to build it, you always get it exactly as fast as possible, as long as you are healing

Last edited by Rake,

toogyboogy

(ETF2L Donator)
SOFT
bobs

Quoted from Spike Himself

[…]

Sounds like it promotes a fair amount of team work :)

400 damage isn’t very much compared to the infinity of damage required to kill an ubered medic :p

But you wont die during most of your quick fix ubers. If it was kritz one soldier would be enough to pick the medic. However with quick fix, even if you sacrifice two people on the medic, the chances of them killing the medic during its uber is slim. The damage output simply isn’t fast enough in tf2. Only classes whom can kill the medic fast enough is a demo sticky trap, spy backstab, and a sniper headshot. BUT GUESS WHAT?!? these classes are less useful against the quick fix.

I just cant see enough downsides with the quick fix for it to be viable enough. It just feels like a straight buff.

edit: Don’t get me wrong on this, I love the fact the quick fix has higher healing rate as it helps against the “sit in a corner and spend ages on healing up” and lets you be more aggressive. The 50% buff lets you go aggressive without loosing too much HP (which was one of the reasons quick fix was wank pre-patch). I don’t mind the extra speed boost either cause it lets your medic spread heals better promoting aggressive play. But the extra mobility with jumps is too much. That together with the absurd self uber regeneration makes it too good and nonviable.

edit #2: More scenarios where its too powerful.
-Holding chokes becomes less viable. unless its closed off someway (process PC, Granary mid to yard, etc etc) Medic + soldier/demo can just fly by.
– It gets super hard for a roamer to force cause once hes called the medic will just fly away and pay only 20 fall damage for it.
-Because its uber is so powerfull you want to bomb the medic more frequent, but as mentioned above this isn’t really that viable, making the quick fix snowball in advantages. (unless we go back to the “euro roots” and constantly wait for kritz/normal uber before we push, the same dynamic we introduced gunboats to remove)

Last edited by toogyboogy,

Fool

Aspie
TC.Crash

Quoted from toogyboogy

[…]

But you wont die during most of your quick fix ubers. If it was kritz one soldier would be enough to pick the medic. However with quick fix, even if you sacrifice two people on the medic, the chances of them killing the medic during its uber is slim.

Quickfix uber is about staying alive just like normal uber. Medic isn’t meant to die on quickfix uber. You shouldn’t compare quickfix to kritz since their ubers have diffrent goals.

Quickfix uber loses in uber versus uber fight to anyother uber (atleast what I’ve expirienced). So I don’t think that it’s overpowered.

Even if the enemy team medic is more mobile than your teams doesn’t give them so big advantage. You would just need to change your teams positioning and other playstyle shit when you are playing against it.

If you really worry about medics flying around and think that it’s the thing you lose against it. Then you don’t clearly have enough creativity.

Dummy

Quoted from Fool

[…]

Quickfix uber is about staying alive just like normal uber. Medic isn’t meant to die on quickfix uber. You shouldn’t compare quickfix to kritz since their ubers have diffrent goals.

Quickfix uber loses in uber versus uber fight to anyother uber (atleast what I’ve expirienced). So I don’t think that it’s overpowered.

Even if the enemy team medic is more mobile than your teams doesn’t give them so big advantage. You would just need to change your teams positioning and other playstyle shit when you are playing against it.

If you really worry about medics flying around and think that it’s the thing you lose against it. Then you don’t clearly have enough creativity.

If you mean to an ubercharge, then it doesn’t lose – quickfix vs uber is a win for quickfix by far.

It’s just it’s countered so hard by kritz that it’s sort-a balanced, I don’t think anybody in the mix except for mr. e-thug thought it was unbalanced or particularly broken, at best it needs some tweaks and small fixes.
Personally I think it needs more testing because any opinion formed after two-three maps is on rocky ground :o

Rake

Lutunen
[hePPa]

I think it won’t be countered nearly as hard by kritz once people learn to use it. Pretty hard to airsticky a medic across the map when he’s flying around like a retard.

Limp.

EPA

It’s not hard to kill a medic, and even if it was overpowerd and promotes faster play then for the love of what ever you believe allow it as currently 6s make you fall asleep.

Fool

Aspie
TC.Crash

Quoted from Dummy

[…]

If you mean to an ubercharge, then it doesn’t lose – quickfix vs uber is a win for quickfix by far.

Quickfix uber doesn’t win against normal uber, maybe if your team is derpy enough not to focus down the medic which has 188 hp. 2 good rockets/pipe or sticky and good rocket will kill med before he regens with back.

But if focus fails it can go either way.

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 3 Next »