Lyrete

BAGC
RUN!

Jumping is overrated.

Ecophagy

BAGC
RUN!

Sorry you guys didn’t have fun against us :(

I agree with your sentiment that people should face up to shortcomings and try to not make excuses, but the match wasn’t the time to do it. Still, it probably needed to be said. As a leader of a team that’s lost a lot (see ETF2L history), you need to do your best to maintain morale and drive to improve: remember to compliment people when they make nice plays or when you make a good push.

I would suggest trying to get as many people as you can to go over their demos/the STV and try and pinpoint mistakes or plays that might have been better, even just simple things like “this is a sniper sightline, and if he’s good, don’t walk into it” or “that guy was obviously a spy in retrospect”, all the way up to “we should have pushed because they didn’t uber and their flank was weak here.”

Good luck!

Last edited by Ecophagy,

Meeto

Quoted from Carlos Kaiser

[…]
Actually it hurts to watch because he never jumps.

Just bare in mind, this team is a team of community pubbers who are just using UGC to have a change of pace and have fun playing together, a lot of them haven’t even touched comp and some of them don’t intend to, don’t really blame them with a lot of the comp community drama and whatnot.

Ryushi

Quoted from Meeto

[…]

Just bare in mind, this team is a team of community pubbers who are just using UGC to have a change of pace and have fun playing together, a lot of them haven’t even touched comp and some of them don’t intend to, don’t really blame them with a lot of the comp community drama and whatnot.

See hl recruitment section.

Quoted from Ecophagy

snip…

Its not that. its a learning experience for them. I was hoping that it would be a good lesson for anyone else. yeah shouldnt have been in the official but the other leader does all the scrims i can only make the officials cause of work =/

Vlijm

UbeR |

Quoted from Carlos Kaiser

One thing i can say is that teams with carry players (especially at lower levels) won’t go far, the better players, or those who think they are better are the ones that create bad atmosphere and get mad at their teammates because they don’t meet their expectations, the rant that you read combined with running around with the ubersaw out made the atmosphere in the mumble simply worse, not better, i realize however that you wanted to calm everyone down, but an official wasn’t the time to do that.

Bullshit, its just the bad attitude of that one player.

Limp.

EPA

I liked the part where they just continue like nothing happend after your speech

winterz

(è_é)

Apparently this is what happens when you leave your team alone for one game…

Hildreth

Bully
Pander

Quoted from Spike Himself

[…]

If that always happens…. perhaps it’s you?

Actually, going by your trial for my old team quite a while ago, I can state that as fact :p

From my time in LTG Mould was a solid, positive and great player to play with, I enjoyed every second of it and if we did have arguments and rants it certainly wasn’t to do with his personality as a player.

Don’t hate on my boy Jack…OKAY?!?!

Last edited by Hildreth,

Hildreth

Bully
Pander

Also regarding the OP’s original message, I cannot actually watch the video as I am at work but when it comes to attitude in game, there are a few important aspects:

1) Main thing is to have an enjoyable atmosphere, when you lose, or things go badly sometimes in this game people will not enjoy themselves and pcws / matches will be rough for those to enjoy, but you have to get something out of a game, whether you enjoy playing with the people (sheepy is pretty funny to play with) or just enjoy finding things to improve upon. Coming into a night of pcws, losing, getting whined at and then logging off…generally teams like this don’t last long unless something drastically changes, I should know I was in a team with Loco.

2) “Pep talks” can help, certainly on occaision people need to step up their game. But different types of players respond to criticism better than others. Some will not accept any sort of fault, some may be self-critical but will just not respect the player criticizing them enough to take advice on board.

3) Negative attitudes in game – I am talking about the “Why-ners” who criticize everything, take things in hindsight and argue over pointless things, especially in the middle of games. There is a difference between objectively criticizing your team/yourself during a game when you need to work out how to adapt and counter your opponents / play better.

One of the things people who have played with me recently can say is I can be over critical or negative, but this is only in pcws. In games I am a different player, switched on and I absolutely cannot have team members exert a negative attitude in game, it brings the team morale down and adds absolutely nothing. Just yesterday in the i49 cup, Sideshow started talking about “what we’re doing wrong”, pointing out we’re making mistakes in the middle of a round, instantly I told him with shut up and focus because sort of things brings in disputes mid-game, brings down morale and people make mistakes/lose concentration if a player on the team is blaming them for something.

As a leader it is your responsibility to keep comms positive and clean, I have kicked players from my team before for this and will not hesitate to do the same.

MEGAMIDDIE

PINT

[…]

If that always happens…. perhaps it’s you?

Actually, going by your trial for my old team quite a while ago, I can state that as fact :p

What as in the single game you’ve ever played with me, in which I didn’t really want to play in the first place? Go away.

Spike Himself

TC

Quoted from MEGAMIDDIE

[…]

What as in the single game you’ve ever played with me, in which I didn’t really want to play in the first place? Go away.

Fair enough, but why did you trial then?
Going away is what you did, suddenly, without notice :p

FIR

SnG

Quoted from Hildreth

One of the things people who have played with me recently can say is I can be over critical or negative, but this is only in pcws. In games I am a different player, switched on and I absolutely cannot have team members exert a negative attitude in game, it brings the team morale down and adds absolutely nothing.

Indeed. But if someone is willing to listen, improve and move on, the words “overly critical and/or negative” translates clearly to “shit you should be doing but you are not, therefore directly contributing to the speedier decline of what is already a downhill situation”. Some people cannot take direct hints about what they do wrong, and start grumbling about how everyone else is fucking up except themselves. Oh I still remember the barrage of “you’re doing this and that and everything wrong” you gave me once before, boy that was a tad harsh but for its worth you did pull me out of the sorry state that was div 6 with that 15 minute talk after trialling with you xD

I do like that “in your face” approach though. Its an easier way of weeding out the ones keen on improving from the “omfg y u do dat noob its not my fault we’re losing go check your own skill first scrub” types.

MEGAMIDDIE

PINT

Fair enough, but why did you trial then?
Going away is what you did, suddenly, without notice :p

Because I’d agreed to the day before where I’d been in a much better mood, and I don’t LIKE letting people down for that kind of thing. And actually I told you both in text and speech that I wasn’t going to play anymore. It isn’t my issue if you don’t check your steam messages in game and have very loud people in mumble. I don’t LIKE letting people down but I like even less playing like that. I’d hoped a decent game would cheer me up, but obviously the game we had was far from decent.

I’m far from a savory person on many days of the year, but this was like half a year ago. I’d really hate to remember everyone on the internet who I felt did me wrong.

If you’d like to complain a little bit more, do so on steam. This isn’t the place to derail. I would have done so myself but I know you wouldn’t have accepted anyway. HF.

Spike Himself

TC

No, you’re right, I am too quck to judge as usual. I apologise.

Quoted from MEGAMIDDIE

I would have done so myself but I know you wouldn’t have accepted anyway. HF.

That’s not accurate though :p

arc

iSlam

In the words of tf2 guru, slayer of nerds

“I’m the greatest, everyone else is trash”

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 Next »