Forum

ESAGamer Launch

Created 6th June 2013 @ 20:18

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 4 5 6 ... 12 Next »

toogyboogy

(ETF2L Donator)
SOFT
bobs

5 GBP is not a lot of money. And in terms of people wanting to play ETF2L over ESA is not a concern either. If ESA’s model works out then winning an ESA will have more recognition than winning ETF2L, Cause after all we are competing for something more motivational than pixel trophies.

I like what ESA are doing. Its something that’s been missing in EU scene for a long time. And if you are not willing to risk 5 pounds into supporting this then I think you’re stupid.

Sure you might have concerns about their business model, but thats on the large scale, if this go bonkers you still have only invested 5 pounds.

edit:

Surely in the sense of people trying to snipe prize money playing at the lower end would mean lower prize money. In which the amount probably is only enough to cover a teams next seasons in ESA, Lets say we have three tiers of skill. LOW, MID and HIGH.

Now LOW has low prize money, because its the easiest to get(ie. prize money sniping or just a team getting better) lets say the prize money snipers win this. and they keep fake-nicking and remaking teams. and suddenly there’s a big LOW tournament coming up. with increased prize pool, but with increased prize pool comes restrictions, your team must have played x seasons/cups. which would remove the possibility for some prize money snipers (considering they get promoted after winning, and have to make a new team), Now if the team that actually progressed and got better won this, it would mean they funded their premium for x seasons, in which time they might be good enough to win MID, and earn more money, to fund them even further in their adventure to HIGH. Now HIGH has some advantages, sponsorship, increased prize pool, fame, glory the whole circus, Surely the team who just progressed trough LOW and MID wants a piece of this cake as well.

They have extra incentive into getting better, People would spend more hours into improving their game. Teams will pop up from nowhere, teams who have somewhat unknown players, and they will challenge the favorites to win. This scenario happens more frequent in CS then it does in TF2.

And if the prize money snipers keep sniping then they will get caught. I cant see anything like that working in the long term.
If it becomes too frequent make a stupid no prize money brackets for teams who haven’t played previous leagues making it more effort then what the prize money gives you.

Last edited by toogyboogy,

Enef

fest
#wubafan

surely the admins will be checking the teams and their players history when they join a cup/league rather than just letting anyone play lol

bean

isaninja

Didge has already mentioned this, but it was probably skimmed;

Use of Clickandbuy the service that will pay you, your money, any time you want it. Which will drastically hinder your opportunities to make smurf accounts, reasons why are documented here: https://esagamer.com/prizepool under ‘Things you should know’.

Russian Guyovich

(Surging Meat Cable)
[T-A!]LoS

Sounds awesome. I’ve just subscribed with Premium for a year because I want to help make this work and don’t expect an ROI at all.

Good luck :)

Admirable

(Toucan Ambassador)

Quoted from Russian Guyovich

I’ve just subscribed with Premium for a year because I want to help make this work and don’t expect an ROI at all.

This!

Edit: There a special offer £25 for the year btw

Last edited by Admirable,

CanFo

(Legend)
[HA]
#T4F

The ESA director pledged a £1,250 + hardware free tournament for each of the 4 launch titles. For this tournament you will not need premium to collect your winnings.
The TF2 tournament will run on Sunday, June 23, more signups on the launch will follow later.
News: https://esagamer.com/news/24/Free-launched-tournaments-revealed

Also, we are proud to announce the partnership with Ozone, a global gaming peripherals manufacturer that already supports teams like Decerto, MVP, K1ck and many more.
News: https://esagamer.com/news/22/ESA-announce-Ozone-Gaming-partnership

Last edited by CanFo,

Enef

fest
#wubafan

Is this gonna be another one that starts at like 10AM again?

CanFo

(Legend)
[HA]
#T4F

Quoted from Enef

I’m afraid but there is no other way. I have to let it start that early or let it run until after midnight… This will change as soon as we have ranked tournaments, because less teams will play per bracket.

Hildreth

Bully
Pander

Quoted from Enef

Great practice for LAN

Sideshow

(ETF2L Donator)
ft.
WiK?

10AM wut? Why not have it run over a few days instead? Who has a whole day free…

SorroW

iveR
VDOH

Quoted from Sideshow

10AM wut? Why not have it run over a few days instead? Who has a whole day free…

true that…

CanFo

(Legend)
[HA]
#T4F

Quoted from Sideshow

Running this over multiple days would take almost the whole week (8 rounds, maybe 2 rounds per night = 4 days) and mess with the teams’ schedule and possibly lead to a lot of noshows in the following days. They would have to decide between this tournament and other competitions and would not have any more time to practice during the week.
We are planning on running one tournament per week so I can also not have it running over more than 1 week.

Sideshow

(ETF2L Donator)
ft.
WiK?

I don’t know which is worse then, you’re guaranteed to lose signups either way tbh. The problem with using ranking from scratch!

SorroW

iveR
VDOH

Quoted from CanFo

[…]
Running this over multiple days would take almost the whole week (8 rounds, maybe 2 rounds per night = 4 days) and mess with the teams’ schedule and possibly lead to a lot of noshows in the following days. They would have to decide between this tournament and other competitions and would not have any more time to practice during the week.
We are planning on running one tournament per week so I can also not have it running over more than 1 week.

why not split it into 2 days then? 1 day from morning to night is not do-able for almost any team…
you will lose more signups the way it is now than stretching it up to 2-4 days

numlocked

(king of all rollouts)
Epsilon

a lot of tournaments (e.g. LoL, dota etc) are run over a whole day. accept that it’s happening.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 4 5 6 ... 12 Next »