Forum

Valve to develop in-game competitive lobby system?

Created 4th June 2013 @ 04:22

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 7 8 9 10 Next »

Tomu

BoyBrigade
MEGA$$

Quoted from Sideshow

It’s not finalised and we can still have a say in how this idea progresses, so why not debate the best way to make this work? My problem is that there is too much focus on the weapon system, which doesn’t transition nicely into a league’s very decisive whitelist and focus on tactics, teamplay and communication.

Agreed, we could still leave all weapons open and just make it a 9v9 comp game. Sure stupid weapons will be allowed but it does put players on the path of learning to see that “Hey, the phlog actually is pretty bad”. The system needs to be seen as a taster and if a “weapon ban/allow list” is the thing that’s blocking it, it’s a pretty stupid reason for it to be blocked.

rytis

PrettyGay

Quoted from SmitZ

[…]

Spike don’t make threats you can’t keep. I’ve clearly stopped this argument and I would like you to do your job and stop this very angry man from harassing me now.

:D gold

Last edited by rytis,

SmitZ

Quoted from rytis

[…]
:D gold

Wow spike, why is this nerd not banned yet? Do your fucking job.

Spike Himself

TC

Quoted from SmitZ

[…]

You’re not helping yourself.

SmitZ

Quoted from Spike Himself

[…]

You’re not helping yourself.

You shouldn’t make empty threats. How am I supposed to take you seriously now?

Toba

(a boT from the North)
Lutunen

Quoted from ondkaja

A lesson of “holding properly”, as demonstrated by your team: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sUypEwpxuCc

:D

:DDDDDDDD

how does this have anything to do with holding?

SmitZ

Quoted from Toba

[…]

Ond kaja won’t reply. He’s already admitted defeat and left.

KillAri

Quoted from CapTVK

In relation to this development about a possible comp lobby system for 9vs9.

A few months ago there was a thread on this forum about sending a mail to Valve concerning comp. I can’t remember exactly but I do recall suggestions about a lobby system.

Did anyone from Valve give a response to that letter?

Concerning collecting data. Don’t we have a logging system in place that basically does that?
http://www.tf2logs.com/

They allready respond since lot of time :

All the TF team got my mail. So they can talk about that.
This valve lobby is a step, my letter is another.
Just wait an see now.

rytis

PrettyGay

Quoted from SmitZ

[…]

why the sudden insults tho?
yet again you’re insulting me, you should be banned.

Spike Himself

TC

Don’t worry, he is. And so are you.

On-topic now, go! :)

Vlijm

UbeR |

Every time you ban someone another can of idiots gets opened apparently, i feel sorry for you spike :>.

OT: I agree with everything sideshow says, hes like reading my mind and making me feel like a fangirl

Pirateer

I think there should be a system where players who have already played a full season in any major league (etf2l, esea, ugc, etc) become “Experienced Players”. One of these players are added into any 6v6 matchmaking lobby game for each team and they could act as the guiding force of the team, the shotcaller, the “experienced 6v6’er that we should listen to and do what he says to become as good as him” player. So instead of a 6v6 experience which would basically be a TF2 lobby but with less experienced players, the experienced player on each team could guide the other 10 through the game and make it fun for them, answer question etc.

Valve should also implement a tutorial which features submissions from top-tier players on how to position, not be a douchebag, be helpful to the team, don’t offclass for the entire game, etc.

Weapon banning: 10% of players will be experienced (will have played a season in div6 or above in any league) but 90% of players will probably be new or pub professionals. This means that weapons that are usually hated in pubs will be banned by the 90% even though that the weapons banned aren’t powerful at all and even mediocre teamwork could counter them. The 10% who are experienced will ban weapons competantly as they obviously have experienced these weapons and know how overpowered they are.
Problem is, the 10% would be overvoted by the 90%. Simple solution, give the 10% more voting power, so their opinion counts for more. This doesn’t mean that the pub players’ opinions are invalid or worthless, it simply means that because the experienced 6v6’ers have more experience with weapons and their capabilities, they know more about the state of 6v6 and how banning or introducing a certain weapon could completely ruin the flow of the game.
Imagine if the 90% banned out the kritzkrieg and ubersaw – not only would the game be boring and dull for medics, but it would be predictable vs the enemy team.

Last edited by Pirateer,

Switch

soL.
T⑨

Quoted from Toba

[…]

You play a lot of highlander dont you?

Toba

(a boT from the North)
Lutunen

Quoted from Switch

[…]

You play a lot of highlander dont you?

Yes

Switch

soL.
T⑨

Quoted from Toba

[…]

Yes

was going to make a sarcastic comment, but then saw “demonstrated by your team”. nvm :)

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 7 8 9 10 Next »