Forum

Valve to develop in-game competitive lobby system?

Created 4th June 2013 @ 04:22

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 6 7 8 ... 10 Next »

myrttinen

http://imgur.com/A5AC7Fc

yes, many of you are actually supporting by sharing your ideas, but some people are being annoying as fuck about this .__.

Spike Himself

TC

smitz and rts, please choose to stop this bullshit now.

One more such post and you may see the choice removed from you.

Last edited by Spike Himself,

Sideshow

(ETF2L Donator)
ft.
WiK?

Quoted from Spike Himself

[…]

No, that’s not what I said (or maybe I did say it, I honestly don’t know sometimes.. it’s not what I meant anyway).

Well if you accept that our banning will make no difference in the overall stats, then you’re left with the conclusion that the vast majority will be made up from pubbers, who I think will make uninformed and selfish decisions (because that’s what we all would have done before we got into comp and gained vital experience). That doesn’t make for good progress.

ondkaja

IKEA

Quoted from rat

[…]

How will I do sentry jumps, arguably the only “difficult” thing about the engineer class, if you remove it? Also hiding level 3s isn’t a skill and will not improve the class at all. If you want to nerf it take the auto aim off.

[…]

I’ll have you know that I get plenty of kills every game with unwrangled level 3s and I don’t think anyone can consider SNSD retards. :)
You also seem pretty uninformed and angry. I’d love if you stopped spewing nonsense and actually watch some high level engineer play first.

If you really want to make the engie a harder class take away the Gunslinger or nerf it.

Apparently sentry jumping is difficult. Apparently dying from an unwrangled sentry isn’t stupid if SNSD does it.

Quoted from SmitZ

[…]

I think you’ll find that the 15 minute map times aren’t so purely because of the wrangler. They’re like that because one team is better than the other. You’re massively overstating the wrangler’s power.

And as for the video; it has nothing to do with the wrangler. That’s simply a personal attack on one of my team’s players that is not at all relevant to the discussion. More importantly it has nothing to do with me.

It’s a contributing factor. Makes it easier to defend, and slows the pace. The result is in longer map times. That’s a pretty simple concept.

No, it’s not a personal attack on your teammate. In fact, I am in good terms with the heavy that got killed. I’m just saying, you were not holding properly. And if you aren’t holding properly, you will lose. But if you have a wrangler, it can make amends for the fact that you’re not holding properly. If you make mistakes like that and don’t have the wrangler, you would’ve been royally fucked.

That’s what I’m saying. The only reason you seem to defend the wrangler is because you seem to rely on it, at least that was the impression I got when I played against you. I’m not saying “learn to hold properly” to win the discussion, I genuinely mean it; you SHOULD learn to hold properly, even if you don’t really need to defend the sentry as intensively.

You should stop taking everything so personal, I just want to improve the highlander scene, by nerfing or removing the wrangler. It really needs an increase in the skill level. Had the highlander scene had a proper skill ceiling, I wouldn’t have been able to win div 2 and compete in div 1 as a main medic off-classing as scout. I wouldn’t have been able to beat div 3 convincingly as a heavy roaming around looking for picks. I don’t even play highlander that much, yet I’ve won every season I’ve played in, simply because highlander is way too fucking easy. Banning the wrangler might not be the ultimate solution, but at least it gives incentive to play as a team, and practise proper holds, pushes etc.

CanFo

(Legend)
[HA]
#T4F

The overwatch feature that is currently tested in CS:GO might help to police a match making system.

Last edited by CanFo,

Spike Himself

TC

Quoted from Sideshow

[…]

Well if you accept that our banning will make no difference in the overall stats, then you’re left with the conclusion that the vast majority will be made up from pubbers, who I think will make uninformed and selfish decisions (because that’s what we all would have done before we got into comp and gained vital experience). That doesn’t make for good progress.

Like I said, I doubt the outcome will be different.

I’m also still unsure why I’m spending so much time on this very much irrelevant point..

What matters here is that a lot of pubbers get easier access to a competitive format.

Which weapons they use matters little.

Tomu

BoyBrigade
MEGA$$

Quoted from Spike Himself

[…]

What matters here is that a lot of pubbers get easier access to a competitive format.

Which weapons they use matters little.

This is the point. It really doesn’t matter in the grand scheme of things if they allowed the saharan spy or banned the wrangler. They’d still get a taster of the basic competitive game.

Last edited by Tomu,

rat

Quoted from ondkaja

[…]

Apparently sentry jumping is difficult. Apparently dying from an unwrangled sentry isn’t stupid if SNSD does it.

All you’re doing now is arguing for the sake of arguing. I know English is not your first language, but i thought you’d understand what a word in quotation marks means, also are you really implying dying from an unwrangled sentry is stupid? that’s a bit of a statement right there.

Please stop being thick and read twice before you respond. Thanks :)

SmitZ

Quoted from ondkaja

[…]

[…]

It’s a contributing factor. Makes it easier to defend, and slows the pace. The result is in longer map times. That’s a pretty simple concept.

No, it’s not a personal attack on your teammate. In fact, I am in good terms with the heavy that got killed. I’m just saying, you were not holding properly. And if you aren’t holding properly, you will lose. But if you have a wrangler, it can make amends for the fact that you’re not holding properly. If you make mistakes like that and don’t have the wrangler, you would’ve been royally fucked.

That’s what I’m saying. The only reason you seem to defend the wrangler is because you seem to rely on it, at least that was the impression I got when I played against you. I’m not saying “learn to hold properly” to win the discussion, I genuinely mean it; you SHOULD learn to hold properly, even if you don’t really need to defend the sentry as intensively.

You should stop taking everything so personal, I just want to improve the highlander scene, by nerfing or removing the wrangler. It really needs an increase in the skill level. Had the highlander scene had a proper skill ceiling, I wouldn’t have been able to win div 2 and compete in div 1 as a main medic off-classing as scout. I wouldn’t have been able to beat div 3 convincingly as a heavy roaming around looking for picks. I don’t even play highlander that much, yet I’ve won every season I’ve played in, simply because highlander is way too fucking easy. Banning the wrangler might not be the ultimate solution, but at least it gives incentive to play as a team, and practise proper holds, pushes etc.

I’m fairly sure we had lost the first point in around 1 minute (pretty much the standard time for any team to hold upward 1st and retreat), so how was that video even slightly relevant? It has nothing to do with the wrangler, and he was out of position while the rest of us were retreating from the point.

But of course you are a highlander genius. Please teach me to hold points properly!

No, you’re a moron. Removing the wrangler would only making highlander easier.

rytis

PrettyGay

Quoted from SmitZ

[…]

So is telling me to “sort my life out.” Wow, yet again you fail to actually argue back effectively.

you told me i’m an elitist, which i’m not, then you said some bullshit again hence I said – go sort your life out

ondkaja

IKEA

Quoted from SmitZ

[…]

I’m fairly sure we had lost the first point in around 1 minute (pretty much the standard time for any team to hold upward 1st and retreat), so how was that video even slightly relevant? It has nothing to do with the wrangler, and he was out of position while the rest of us were retreating from the point.

But of course you are a highlander genius. Please teach me to hold points properly!

No, you’re a moron. Removing the wrangler would only making highlander easier.

Well, perhaps you aren’t in a position to call me moron, judging from the coherence and relevance of the arguments you made in this thread. Yes, without wrangler highlander will be easier, at least against teams who don’t know how to play TF2 properly. *COUGH*

Anyway, this is too off-topic and I am done with arguing with unskilled people on how TF2 works. They can’t handle the concept of teamwork, coherence and positioning.

Sideshow

(ETF2L Donator)
ft.
WiK?

It’s not finalised and we can still have a say in how this idea progresses, so why not debate the best way to make this work? My problem is that there is too much focus on the weapon system, which doesn’t transition nicely into a league’s very decisive whitelist and focus on tactics, teamplay and communication.

SmitZ

Quoted from ondkaja

[…]

Well, perhaps you aren’t in a position to call me moron, judging from the coherence and relevance of the arguments you made in this thread. Yes, without wrangler highlander will be easier, at least against teams who don’t know how to play TF2 properly. *COUGH*

Anyway, this is too off-topic and I am done with arguing with unskilled people on how TF2 works. They can’t handle the concept of teamwork, coherence and positioning.

Backing out of an argument because there’s no one on your side. :)

GG, later nerd.

svins

alus
P.O.P

The idea is bad. No need to play 6s with absolutely clueless people from trade_sunshine

SmitZ

Quoted from rytis

[…]
you told me i’m an elitist, which i’m not, then you said some bullshit again hence I said – go sort your life out

Spike don’t make threats you can’t keep. I’ve clearly stopped this argument and I would like you to do your job and stop this very angry man from harassing me now.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 6 7 8 ... 10 Next »