Forum

Interp 'exploit'?

Created 28th May 2013 @ 13:03

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 ... 7 Next »

crouton

LEGO

Isn’t this the so-called “Swedish Scout Script”?

quintosh

wL.

Quoted from crouton

Isn’t this the so-called “Swedish Scout Script”?

hahahaha

crouton

LEGO

Quoted from quintosh

[…]
hahahaha

Dude, I’ve got no clue, but as they said, there are no stupid questions, only stupid answers.

SorroW

iveR
VDOH

Quoted from crouton

[…]

Dude, I’ve got no clue, but as they said, there are no stupid questions, only stupid answers.

o snap

enwyze

Quoted from crouton

[…]

There are no stupid questions, only stupid askers…

Casual

prtyboiz
T⑨

One of the reasons why cl_interp should be removed.

Only cl_interp_ratio should be accessible and sv_client_min_interp_ratio and sv_client_max_interp_ratio to regulate it (also etf2l, please set sv_client_max_interp_ratio to 2, not 1).

Setsul

Quoted from Casual

Only cl_interp_ratio should be accessible and sv_client_min_interp_ratio and sv_client_max_interp_ratio to regulate it (also etf2l, please set sv_client_max_interp_ratio to 2, not 1).

Valve intended to do that, cl_interp_ratio should’ve replaced cl_interp to get rid of all the interp myths. For some reason valve decided against it so configs won’t break. This is perfectly normal, confusing players one time by replacing a cvar is unacceptable, even if it would stop the general intepr confusion.

cl_interp will be removed in the source engine for HL3, i’m calling it now.

ondkaja

IKEA

Quoted from Casual

+1

AnAkkk

Quoted from Setsul

[…]Valve intended to do that, cl_interp_ratio should’ve replaced cl_interp to get rid of all the interp myths. For some reason valve decided against it so configs won’t break. This is perfectly normal, confusing players one time by replacing a cvar is unacceptable, even if it would stop the general intepr confusion.

cl_interp will be removed in the source engine for HL3, i’m calling it now.

They removed cl_interp and replaced it with cl_interp_ratio, and at some point they fucked up when they released OB engine, they kept some old cl_interp code or something, so now we’re with both.

Last edited by AnAkkk,

demsii

EPA

Welcome to 5 years back..

AnAkkk

https://github.com/ValveSoftware/Source-1-Games/issues/816

FADe

Wouldn’t it be easy to code a quickfix solution into TFTrue? Just do what Zblock (http://zblock.mgamez.eu/) did/does for CSS and limit a player to only change interp once/twice per map. Any more results in being kicked from the server. Blahblah was kicked (Reason: Too many interp changes)

Last edited by FADe,

TviQ

ft.

Quoted from FADe

Wouldn’t it be easy to code a quickfix solution into TFTrue? Just do what Zblock (http://zblock.mgamez.eu/) did/does for CSS and limit a player to only change interp once/twice per map. Any more results in being kicked from the server. Blahblah was kicked (Reason: Too many interp changes)

eh no thx, id like to change my interp for scout / sniper

smziii

(Legendary Ratehacks)
SVIFT

Quoted from FADe

2 is not enough cuz loads of people use different interp values on each class

FADe

Fair dos, good point – hadn’t thought of that. I doubt you could put a number of allowed interp changes per map with this is mind then. Perhaps penalising (kick with reason msg) when it detects multiple changes within a short time period, to safeguard people binding that shit to movement/shoot keys.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 ... 7 Next »