ESEA Client basically a virus.

Created 1st May 2013 @ 07:41

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 ... 5 Next »

Sideshow

(ETF2L Donator)
ft.
WiK?

but you can poop it out of your pc

if everyone could poop gold out of their pc gpu as well it wouldnt be worth shit

EDIT: Quoted from Felix Steiner

[…]You should watch less tv, you FBI. Also funny how everyone went apeshit while half of you retards use Chrome which is a spyware.

except chrome isn’t frying anyone’s gpu, get back in your fucking conspiracy closet

Last edited by Sideshow,

WLAN-Kabel

[CWC]

well, if it fries your GPU, you should invest in a better gfx cooler :P

nevertheless, bad action from esea, although the basic idea to get more prize money without having to increase fees ain´t that bad ^^

but I mean, isn´t it obvious as hell that there is something wrong when suddenly the fans run at 100% when there is just the client active ? xD

IPZIE

SUAVE

Quoted from WLAN-Kabel

nevertheless, bad action from esea, although the basic idea to get more prize money without having to increase fees ain´t that bad ^^

again after they got busted

Muerte

elev8

WHY MINE BTC WHEN YOU CAN MINE LTC!??!? D: D: D:

HE SO SILLEH!

all aboard the ltc train…CHOO CHOOOO!

Spike Himself

TC

I’m glad everyone perceives this as a bad thing.

Now let’s go back to anakin’s anti-cheat plugin that suddenly started taking client screenshots without anyone’s consent.. :D

AnAkkk

Quoted from Spike Himself

Now let’s go back to anakin’s anti-cheat plugin that suddenly started taking client screenshots without anyone’s consent.. :D

Yes, I made billion of dollars of these screenshots.

Spike Himself

TC

Quoted from AnAkkk

[…]

Yes, I made billion of dollars of these screenshots.

That’s not the point :P

Toba

(a boT from the North)
Lutunen

http://www.twitch.tv/ggty886/b/397871712

ESEA admin, lpkane, claims only 2 bitcoins were mined in total (Roughly around $280 USD) as a April Fool.

He later corrects that it was running for 2+ weeks and actually raised 29~ bitcoins (around $3,602.21 USD) 0_0

http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bills/110/hr1525/text

Whoever intentionally accesses a protected computer without authorization, or exceeds authorized access to a protected computer, by causing a computer program or code to be copied onto the protected computer, and intentionally uses that program or code in furtherance of another Federal criminal offense shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than 5 years, or both.

More about it here http://www.reddit.com/r/Games/comments/1dglil/popular_competitive_gaming_league_esea_admins/

Last edited by Toba,

Quoted from Spike Himself

A TF2 Plugin using a TF2 function for the good of the TF2 community while informing people himself after a short while is completely different from a League client using someone’s PC for a purpose entirely unrelated to what the people have to use the client for and then flatout lying when called out.

Starkie

ulti?
sniper

well that’s fucked up

skeej

(ETF2L Donator)
UbeR |
Fe |

Quoted from Sketch

[…]

You aren’t the only one. There are quite a few major flaws in the system. The first and biggest is that any currency first and foremost needs to be something that you can live off of. Something you can feed yourself with. Pay your bills with etc.

There is an argument that this isn’t its intended purpose. But that is basically all marketing. All it is actually good for is buying drugs online.

I wouldn’t bother investing its one of the most unstable currencies around

Quoted from Sideshow

but you can poop it out of your pc

if everyone could poop gold out of their pc gpu as well it wouldnt be worth shit

Quoted from toogyboogy

[…]

for the same reason normal currency is worth anything. for the same reason gold has a value.

E-thug is right, but actually, bitcoins are MORE stable than any monetary currency on the planet. They are more akin to a digital form of gold, because the scarcity of bitcoins is hardcoded in the system. It might sound counterintuitive because bitcoins exist in a digital medium that is infitely reproducable, but there is a finite number to the amount of bitcoins that will be able to exist in this world, just like gold. And just like gold, its monetary value has no relation to its practical value (there’s no reason why gold is so expensive other than that it’s scarce).

Money, on the other hand, falls victim to inflation, and banks keep using their nintendo ds’s to print more of it.

tl;dr: if the world only had bitcoins, and not money as we know it, we might not have had an economic despression??? (wild hypothetical statement from someone who hasn’t ever studied anything related to economics :DDD)

As for the ESEA thing, obviously that’s a big no-go and the made up excuses that come afterwards only damage their reputation more. Too bad they have an insanely good bartering position… I mean, if the Americans boycott ESEA, where will they play their games then?

Last edited by skeej,

Sideshow

(ETF2L Donator)
ft.
WiK?

Not to mention that it could have had bad effects on the PCs it was run on, if it was harmless then it doesn’t make so much difference but it’s wearing out people’s hardware.

Enef

fest
#wubafan

wtf is a bitcoin

fraac

JOHN
CENATION

Quoted from Sideshow

I still don’t understand why bitcoins are even worth anything…

Because you can use them to buy drugs online, fast and safe. Like any currency the rest is air, which can be heated as required.

Miek

prfsnlgmr

Quoted from Enef

wtf is a bitcoin

It’s a form of currency, but rather than using bits of paper to represent value it uses cryptographic witchcraft.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 ... 5 Next »