Forum

Survey - What can we add to tf2 -

Created 20th April 2013 @ 05:32

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 7 8 9 ... 11 Next »

fraac

JOHN
CENATION

It’s okay, it’s not a competition. Everything helps.

Limp.

EPA

Serious question for once:

Why would anyone want to go up far as retardedtly hig fov as 120-130 range?
And if you play constantly with 120+ fov you are an idiot tbh.

Yes you can see bit more and feel you go bit faster

Where did you get the idea that awesome +120 fov best thing ever othere games have this too! Please name few of these other games

Thank you.

Qarty

Cage

Quoted from Limp.

Serious question for once:

Why would anyone want to go up far as retardedtly hig fov as 120-130 range?
And if you play constantly with 120+ fov you are an idiot tbh.

Yes you can see bit more and feel you go bit faster

Where did you get the idea that awesome +120 fov best thing ever othere games have this too! Please name few of these other games

Thank you.

Quake 3 arena, Warsow. Thank you.

PS. Calling someone an “retard” only because he prefer to use fov higher than silly 90 is not fair man, it’s like ppl who use highfps cfg are worse than dx9 users LOL

Last edited by Qarty,

Limp.

EPA

Quoted from Qarty

[…]

Quake 3 arena, Warsow. Thank you.

PS. Calling someone an “retard” only because he prefer to use fov higher than silly 90 is not fair man, it’s like ppl who use highfps cfg are worse than dx9 users LOL

Ok, not sure about warsov, but Quake, like animal would say, “nobody good” plays over 110fov

Alloy

VΛ //

– You should be able to see respawn times on the hud

– “Players Extinguished” strange part should be usable on mediguns

– The colour of the amount of stickybombs you have should change, depending on how many you have out eg. If you have 8 stickies out and a scout starts shooting them, your hud should change colour to tell you.
(Alternatively a sound can be played)

– Fix the glitch where you cant see you medigun beam correctly

– Make the syringes and pomson shoot FROM the crosshair not underneath

– Add a command the emits a beep where you can change the duration and frequency of said beep

– Prevent alt-tabbing while in full screen from disconnecting you from the current server

rviens

Quoted from Alloy

– You should be able to see respawn times on the hud

– “Players Extinguished” strange part should be usable on mediguns

– The colour of the amount of stickybombs you have should change, depending on how many you have out eg. If you have 8 stickies out and a scout starts shooting them, your hud should change colour to tell you.
(Alternatively a sound can be played)

– Fix the glitch where you cant see you medigun beam correctly

– Make the syringes and pomson shoot FROM the crosshair not underneath

– Add a command the emits a beep where you can change the duration and frequency of said beep

– Prevent alt-tabbing while in full screen from disconnecting you from the current server

1. You can… What kind of hud are you using?
2. Strange parts and all that good jazz shouldn’t ever be of concern to anyone who plays TF2 “seriously”, so if we ever plan to actually write a letter to Valve, we shouldn’t even think of asking them something as minor and pointless as that.
3. Useful
4. I thought it was fixed. It works on dx9.
5. Then why not make rl shoot from the middle like the Original does?
6. tf_dingalingaling; tf_dingaling_volume
7. Either get a better pc or switch to dx9 for faster alt-tabbing times. Either way, I don’t really understand how would you be able to accidentally alt-tab in game.

Last edited by rviens,

beach

[DA]
[DA]

Quoted from rviens

[…]

3. Useful

Meh, not really.

You could just look at the number of stickies you have set up…people with custom HUDs will obviously find this easier as the sticky count tends to be closer to the middle of the screen. When I notice the number of stickies going down it’s obvious that someone is shooting them :)

Please post the final terms before you send it off, I’d say about half of these are utterly preposterous in regards to business and coding man-hours and would actually hurt the case of the reasonable ones

rviens

Quoted from beach

[…]

Meh, not really.

You could just look at the number of stickies you have set up…people with custom HUDs will obviously find this easier as the sticky count tends to be closer to the middle of the screen. When I notice the number of stickies going down it’s obvious that someone is shooting them :)

“Notice”, so why not make it noticeable even more? Different colours would be a nice addition. It’s same as if you had low health or ammo, it blinks or changes colours when either are low, and it’s pretty hard to play without that. The game, as you might know, is filled with action, therefore noticing something like your stickies being shot at, of all things that is going on is pretty hard. Noise would make it even better as you will notice instantly because of unique sounds. I would think, that there isn’t much more coding to do than with ammo or health, and the sound is as easy as sniper rifle full charge sound.

There is a reason people agree with the game timer timer in their hud, because you don’t have to bother going out of your way just to check the time. Same thing with this idea.

ash

(Legend)
:D

Quoted from rviens

[…]

“Notice”, so why not make it noticeable even more? Different colours would be a nice addition. It’s same as if you had low health or ammo, it blinks or changes colours when either are low, and it’s pretty hard to play without that. The game, as you might know, is filled with action, therefore noticing something like your stickies being shot at, of all things that is going on is pretty hard. Noise would make it even better as you will notice instantly because of unique sounds. I would think, that there isn’t much more coding to do than with ammo or health, and the sound is as easy as sniper rifle full charge sound.

There is a reason people agree with the game timer timer in their hud, because you don’t have to bother going out of your way just to check the time. Same thing with this idea.

While I do get your point, I think having a notice for stickies being shot – of whatever quality – is too much. Health – important. Ammo – I guess, too.

But everything else is simply too much in my opinion. There should be a point where alert people who actually watch their hud get rewarded.

Also, if you implement stickies-shot-notice, you could also implement for example a sound for when you are low on rockets in your current clip, or your current scattergun clip has only one shot left.

Or a notification when the medic healing you has uber ready. Or when he is low. Or when he gets cut off from your position by rockets. or or or

The issue is – all of those you can see for yourself without too much effort. Only VERY important things – health and ammo – should get relayed to you automatically. If you are overwhelmed by too many things on your screen perhaps you should lower your FOV. :>

Alloy

VΛ //

Quoted from ash

[…]

While I do get your point, I think having a notice for stickies being shot – of whatever quality – is too much. Health – important. Ammo – I guess, too.

But everything else is simply too much in my opinion. There should be a point where alert people who actually watch their hud get rewarded.

Also, if you implement stickies-shot-notice, you could also implement for example a sound for when you are low on rockets in your current clip, or your current scattergun clip has only one shot left.

Or a notification when the medic healing you has uber ready. Or when he is low. Or when he gets cut off from your position by rockets. or or or

The issue is – all of those you can see for yourself without too much effort. Only VERY important things – health and ammo – should get relayed to you automatically. If you are overwhelmed by too many things on your screen perhaps you should lower your FOV. :>

How detailed your screen is should be a choice rather than a requirement. There should be an option for all of these so your able to choose the ones that you want eg “if i dont want to see multicoloured sticky bomb text, i can always disable it”

And as a side note, you cant see how long people take to respawn if you aren’t dead or in spec.

Hank

FAINT

viewmodel_transparency would be really nice to have in-game

vani

Bully

Quoted from rviens

[…]
6. tf_dingalingaling; tf_dingaling_volume

You cant set tf_dingaling_volume to anything higher than 1

punct

Do be
Rambase.ro

Probably has been said before, but ABBA support.

Mits

– Added “Only allow map files” to the possible selections in the download filter option for clients
– Removed range restrictions from viewmodel_fov_demo

we’re getting there

Last edited by Mits,

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 7 8 9 ... 11 Next »