Forum

Survey - What can we add to tf2 -

Created 20th April 2013 @ 05:32

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 5 6 7 ... 11 Next »

rviens

Quoted from MIndYe

[…]
If you haven’t realised it yet, higher FoV than 90 is more comfortable for some people. Why a
shoildn’t they be allowed to use it? If you think 30 extra FoV breaks the game, I feel sorry for you cor not understanding at all why some people need higher FoV. I would link some informative YouTube vids but can’t because army and surfing on a phone. Might do it next weekend when back home if this rage still continues.

And for the record, 105 FoV > all. Still didn’t use open plugin tho…

“need”. Please show me a person that “needed” higher than 90fov 2 years ago. I don’t think you even read what I wrote.

Juracule

Aspie

Quoted from private_meta

To all the people complaining about the FOV, it’s as if DOTA players would complain why valve didn’t let them zoom out twice as much… I mean, what’s the issue? it would be easy for them to do, wouldn’t it?

uhhh, I don’t think those two are very comparable. Being less zoomed in in DOTA doesn’t really help that much because you always have the mini-map at your disposal, and it doesn’t really help you see enemies sooner outside of that because the shade hides them.
Meanwhile in TF2 higher fov gives you a clear advantage and disadvantage: it gives you more view, but it also makes your aim worse (due to opponents being far smaller on your screen).

SorroW

iveR
VDOH

Quoted from Juracule

[…]
uhhh, I don’t think those two are very comparable. Being less zoomed in in DOTA doesn’t really help that much because you always have the mini-map at your disposal, and it doesn’t really help you see enemies sooner outside of that because the shade hides them.
Meanwhile in TF2 higher fov gives you a clear advantage and disadvantage: it gives you more view, but it also makes your aim worse (due to opponents being far smaller on your screen).

so basicly, higher fov=no backshots+a bit less aim.
GG, higher fov is fucking retarded

Last edited by SorroW,

Leif

Quoted from rviens

lol. People get used to some shitty plugin, play with it for a long while, then the plugin gets banned, start crying about how they can’t play without 120fov + transparent viewmodels.

So how the fuck did you play before any of the plugins were even here? 90fov is enough. Adding a 120fov option into the game would force people to use it, because they would be at a disadvantage. 120fov just fucks the feeling of distance and sensitivity. 90 fov should be the maximum and should not be changed. You people (referring to plugin users) are like junkies after not having a cush for a while.

/thread
* HUD game timer should be added.
* Ability to enable/disable cosmetics for both the fps issues it adds and for esthetic purposes.

I’d say add ability to know where your team mates if they are close in a certain range similar to the medic feature.

Sheepsi

SOAS

Quoted from private_meta

– add config profiles to be switched, with the switch being bindable to a key, like “pub profile”, “spec profile”, “comp profile”

bind f1 “exec pub”
bind f2 “exec spec”
bind f3 “exec comp”

comp.cfg = shit shit.. alias alias. shit shit.. bind (numpad 1) exec scout_comp
bind (numpad 2) exec soldier_comp

its do-able.. just alot of hard work..

but yea the thing they need to add is the on-death and on-respawn..
so like
on death – exec spectator
on respawn – exec (class)

ouch

henceforth i say to you people of team fortress the two: you shall play quake if you wanneth a field of view over 90.

gracias valve bueno nintendo por favor!

Link!

.:ne:.

Quoted from Leif

[…]
I’d say add ability to know where your team mates if they are close in a certain range similar to the medic feature.

learn to communicate fgs

MARIANO

Option to remove projectile rocket smoke would be very usefull.

rviens

Quoted from Leif

[…]

Not needed due to lack of friendly fire. Also, people communicate so they can easily call their positions.

skeej

(ETF2L Donator)
UbeR |
Fe |

Quoted from MIndYe

[…]
If you haven’t realised it yet, higher FoV than 90 is more comfortable for some people. Why a
shoildn’t they be allowed to use it? If you think 30 extra FoV breaks the game, I feel sorry for you cor not understanding at all why some people need higher FoV. I would link some informative YouTube vids but can’t because army and surfing on a phone. Might do it next weekend when back home if this rage still continues.

And for the record, 105 FoV > all. Still didn’t use open plugin tho…

Newsflash: fov_desired 90 on a 16:9 monitor results in 106.26 (horizontal)fov. People are just blindly staring at the numbers, not realizing they already have a quite huge fov.

Anybody can run any fov at the moment, just choose the right resolution to make the game give you more (horizontal)fov.

If you don’t have a 16:9 monitor, run a 16:9 custom resolution.

If it makes the screen real estate too small for you, move the monitor closer to your face.

fraac

JOHN
CENATION

Or buy a bigger monitor. Why should Valve go to the trouble of adding user options when we can pay to win?

Leif

Quoted from rviens

[…]

Not needed due to lack of friendly fire. Also, people communicate so they can easily call their positions.

Of course they can. But that feature is implemented in many games in similar form (not fps though afaik) and I dont think they dont play without communicating because they can see easier their teammates that are close to them.

Origo

Quoted from skeej

[…]

Newsflash: fov_desired 90 on a 16:9 monitor results in 106.26 (horizontal)fov. People are just blindly staring at the numbers, not realizing they already have a quite huge fov.

Anybody can run any fov at the moment, just choose the right resolution to make the game give you more (horizontal)fov.

If you don’t have a 16:9 monitor, run a 16:9 custom resolution.

If it makes the screen real estate too small for you, move the monitor closer to your face.

Or, simply allow the command since it already exist instead of tweaking stuff that we don’t need too.

Juracule

Aspie

Quoted from SorroW

[…]
so basicly, higher fov=no backshots+a bit less aim.
GG, higher fov is fucking retarded

lolwat 10-20 degrees of extra fov doesn’t mean no backshots. I’d say they equalize each other out

Kaneco

Built-in game recorder or more advanced features for demo playback/recording…

Also, sourceTV browser so we can browse all games being broadcasted over satv

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 5 6 7 ... 11 Next »