Forum

Survey - What can we add to tf2 -

Created 20th April 2013 @ 05:32

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 9 10 11 Next »

ondkaja

IKEA

Quoted from Starkie

[…]
when teams pause there’s nothing going on but what often happens is a fight gets paused mid-way through which is a bit annoying for spectators
I see what youre saying about the ghosting but it doesnt seem too likely to interrupt any plays

But that removes the guessing games whether x projectile will kill y player

Sketch

MM

What is this big fuss over fov. No good player I know seems to give a shit. So who is actually making the noise?

I would understand if fov 70 was locked because that is known to cause motion sickness in some people because of how close you are to the screen. But fov 90 is for 4:3 resolutions you get higher fov than that on 16:9

WLAN-Kabel

[CWC]

-add P-Rec into the game
-fix FPS problems (when I started TF2 4 years ago with a 4870 I had 200 fps, now I have a GTX 570 and 40 FPS on 24-slot public servers
-add HUD´s and custom maps into the steam market (for free ofc^^)
-promote streams of competitive events into the main menu like in LoL
-allow FoV of 110 for the QQers
-remove Pomson6k + Phlogistinator from the game
-allow carrying medal+pocket medic at the same time

Godof

Quoted from WLAN-Kabel

-add P-Rec into the game
-fix FPS problems (when I started TF2 4 years ago with a 4870 I had 200 fps, now I have a GTX 570 and 40 FPS on 24-slot public servers
-add HUD´s and custom maps into the steam market (for free ofc^^)
-promote streams of competitive events into the main menu like in LoL
-allow FoV of 110 for the QQers

yes to all, more important is the bolded line.

Last edited by Godof,

Carlos Kaiser

Quoted from WLAN-Kabel

If that was easy valve would’ve fixed that a long time ago.
Quoted from WLAN-Kabel

-add custom maps into the steam market (for free ofc^^)

There would be no reason in dl’ing custom maps as those wouldn’t be played in pubs, and pubs that play them have fast dl.
Quoted from WLAN-Kabel

More like removing the uber sucking mechanism from the Pomson. I don’t even know whats wrong with the phlog.
Quoted from WLAN-Kabel

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SAgUKLyduLw

Godof

I think that 90% of the times that I have been killed by the Phlogistinator, it was because of the massive FPS drop that it creates and makes me almost immobile,even with scout… ffs.

Carlos Kaiser

And valve must look forward to fix the Bazaar Bargain on nocrit servers which was caused by January 16, 2013 Patch that “Fixed The Bazaar Bargain counting crit-boosted body-shots as headshots”.

Carlos Kaiser

Btw, is the NA community aware about this?

private_meta

STDs

Quoted from Starkie

[…]
when teams pause there’s nothing going on but what often happens is a fight gets paused mid-way through which is a bit annoying for spectators
I see what youre saying about the ghosting but it doesnt seem too likely to interrupt any plays

Well, I have to disagree there. What you recommend is like streaming the match with a 90 second delay. I had this instance where I decide to go Spy, I call it out to my team, but before I got to do anything, a 90+ Second pause was started. This ruined any chance of a surprise, should there be a viewer/spectator. Of course in this case it was my fault because I DID stream this (with said delay), but it would be the same as you recommended.

KillAri

I just gather idea here. Valve will not look at this post.
Actualy, we discuss with delegate from :
_ Etf2l
_ Teamfortress TV
_ VanillaTF2
_ Brazilian league
_ Russian league
_ French league
_ Australian league
_ UGC
_ ESEA
_ Wireplay
_ Extv

I just wait for asiateamfortress.com

After this long discution, we will create a mail.

dodgydogman

Panda

Seriously, they have all the matchmaking system from counter strike, its not like they would need to design it from the ground up. I get its not easy or quick to implement something of this magnitude, but considering everything they added with the mvm update, they seem to have a matchmaking system almost built in.

They would probably mess it up somehow though, like making all weapons allowed in 6s or something.

fraac

JOHN
CENATION

You can’t ask people to do work for you. That’s what I mean by an unrealistic request. If you want matchmaking, do it yourselves.

Carlos Kaiser

Quoted from dodgydogman

How do you imagine an in-game matchmaking system that will feature actual comp players and not random pubbers?

Skyride

DUCS

A match making system would be a terrible thing for competitive TF2. We don’t control it, valve have the final say, and there’s no way to get the word out about etf2l, tf.tv, esea, etc.

Please don’t push this idea.

rviens

Quoted from WLAN-Kabel

I think you need to learn what it means to update your hardware. Running a 250eu GPU and you get 40 fps? Let’s blame valve because you have no idea how to upgrade your shit. Probably playing with a Intel Core Duo [email protected] + a high end gpu, “oh no, I get shit fps.” I have a 7870 and i5 2500@stock and I get 250 in pubs. You have a shitty rig if you manage to pull 40 with a high/mid end gpu.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 9 10 11 Next »