Forum

Complain to Robin Walker and TF Team

Created 19th April 2013 @ 12:07

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 3 4 5 Next »

Hank

FAINT

http://www.change.org/en-GB/petitions/valve-corporation-help-the-competitive-tf2-community-by-adding-3-simple-features

Blue.Eagle

Can’t they just add a server sided cvar that can limit fov to 90, so that pub servers and shit can still use that, but let private servers intended for competitive gameplay use 110.

Why should they be different at all again? So you’re for 130degrees, but you think there should be something to limit it on pub servers… for what reason? That’s such a confusing statement I don’t even know where to begin.

Yeah, not money-whoring at all. Cause it’s so hard to add some cvars to make up for people buying their hats and keys.

“Making money” is not the same as “money whoring”. if you think businesses are bad for trying to make money then I don’t know what to say to you. Maybe you plan to become entirely self sufficient, because those money whoring supermarkets keep charging for food and shit, jeez, what a bunch of fuckheads

That’s kinda my point, why don’t give something back the the comp scene then that still support this game, and love it.

How many of the 55000 current players of TF2 do you think are playing competitive?

Last edited by Blue.Eagle,

Casual

prtyboiz
T⑨

Quoted from Setsul

[…]
Valve did not ban for using plugins. Loading an unsigned plugin via -insecure bypass with the help of OpenPlugin was by far the safest way to get something (shouldn’t be a vac known cheat) into the game.

This is false, using the plugin interface isn’t safer than any other method of getting your DLL in the game process. No it is not feasable to prevent ‘dll injection’ (scary sounding name there for something built into windows operating system itself). You can CreateRemoteThread, SetWindowsHookEx, System dll manipulation, Edit your registry to add your dlls to load, etc… (more here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DLL_injection )

And none of these methods make a single difference to VAC, if Valve decides to ban a certain .dll they can, regardless of how you achieve getting it in the process.

0b0y

Quoted from Blue.Eagle

[…]

w/e. If you are one of those that think that the game developers shouldn’t give a fuck about the competitive scene, then fine. Keep adding new hats and screw with every update, as long as the pubbers are happy and the wallet gets filled.

Last edited by 0b0y,

Blue.Eagle

Quoted from 0b0y

[…]

w/e. If you are one of those that think that the game developers shouldn’t give a fuck about the competitive scene, then fine. Keep adding new hats and screw every update up, as long as the pubbers are happy and the wallet gets filled.

NO EXTENDED FOV
CAN’T SEE THROUGH MY WEAPON

TF2 IS DEAD, I’M OFF TO…

oh never mind

Last edited by Blue.Eagle,

0b0y

Quoted from Blue.Eagle

[…]
shittalk

I did not say tf2 is dead, nor did I say im quiting, but oh hey .. peace man, out.

beach

[DA]
[DA]

Quoted from 0b0y

[…]

w/e. If you are one of those that think that the game developers shouldn’t give a fuck about the competitive scene, then fine. Keep adding new hats and screw every update up, as long as the pubbers are happy and the wallet gets filled.

How about you just go back to using the same fov you used a few months ago and/or get good / stop whining.

Last edited by beach,

Blue.Eagle

Quoted from 0b0y

[…]

I did not say tf2 is dead, nor did I say im quiting, but oh hey .. peace man, out.

Continue to support that game that you clearly don’t like the developers of because they won’t give you anything then, Mr. Entitled

0b0y

Quoted from beach

[…]

How about you just go back to using the same fov you used a few months ago and/or get good / stop whining.

I am using 90 right now, thank you. Ohh the “get good” argument, now I will definitely cry myself to bed erry night!

Kurates

prly
[hePPa]

qq http://strlen.com/files/pix/ssf/dm4_0200.jpg

MEGAMIDDIE

PINT

Quoted from 0b0y

[…]

I am using 90 right now, thank you. Ohh the “get good” argument, now I will definitely cry myself to bed erry night!

classic

Last edited by MEGAMIDDIE,

JackyLegs

4SKINGS
SDCK!

Quoted from MARIANO

Personally mat_picmip 5-7 is more important for me than fov 90+ and you forgot about this in your letter Jacky. :(

I encourage you all to follow my lead and write to Valve / TF Team / Robin Walker or even all of them the things you feel like are ruining the game experience for you, if there will be enough people compalaining about this it might just make a difference.

Ghostface

spire

LOL baddies arguing. This is hilarious.

Coleman

TEZC
TEZC

^__________^

The important part of this update was not that they fixed the -insecure bypass, its that they have declared that openplugin isnt cool. Its as easy to load a .dll post-patch as its ever been

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 3 4 5 Next »