Forum

FAQ: How to get ready for SteamPipe launch on 30th of April!

Created 18th April 2013 @ 10:29

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 6 7 8 ... 15 Next »

Sketch

MM

everything working fine for me
although i forgot about it and joined a pickup and had to play with no keybinds or crouch

conversion only took 5 mins and dl took 10
ssd ftw!

Last edited by Sketch,

Selek

Dr. med.

I was wondering what I can delete after the conversion. Obviously anything in [login name]/team fortress 2/ can be deleted if I moved/backed up the important custom files. But what about the gcf files in SteamApps? Some are used by other Source games, I guess? Surely the “team fortress 2 *.gcf” are safe to delete? Any other residues I don’t need anymore and could be deleted to free up space?

baccart

IsF:LT

Where to put hitsounds?

deli

IKEA

It’s really awesome game loadings are really fast but lawena and prec QQ :”<

enwyze

Quoted from baccart

Where to put hitsounds?

common/Team Fortress 2/tf/custom/[your folder name, for me it’s “userstuff”, where you also put cfgs in it]/sound/ui/hitsound.wav

this works for me.

baccart

Quoted from enwyze

[…]common/Team Fortress 2/tf/custom/[your folder name, for me it’s “userstuff”, where you also put cfgs in it]/sound/ui/hitsound.wav

this works for me.

Thank you :)

enwyze

np, i hope it works. at least it is doing for me :)

Pat

MAFIA

Quoted from deli

It’s really awesome game loadings are really fast but lawena and prec QQ :”<

PREC is working for me o.O

winterz

(è_é)

I don’t understand why the folder ‘commonTeam Fortress 2tfdownload’ seems to have the same subfolders as ‘commonTeam Fortress 2tf’ like maps, resource, sound,…
My ‘maps’ folder is now twice in the ‘common’ folder. Not to mention the ‘resource’ folder, which is stored in ‘tf’, in ‘tfdownload’ and in ‘costumuserstuffHUD’.

And why do I have to put my cfg in the ‘costum’ folder when it seems to be copied correctly to ‘commonTeam Fortress 2tfcfg’?

Is it just me or is this a bigger mess than before?

baccart

Quoted from winterz

I don’t understand why the folder ‘commonTeam Fortress 2tfdownload’ seems to have the same subfolders as ‘commonTeam Fortress 2tf’ like maps, resource, sound,…
My ‘maps’ folder is now twice in the ‘common’ folder. Not to mention the ‘resource’ folder, which is stored in ‘tf’, in ‘tfdownload’ and in ‘costumuserstuffHUD’.

And why do I have to put my cfg in the ‘costum’ folder when it seems to be copied correctly to ‘commonTeam Fortress 2tfcfg’?

Is it just me or is this a bigger mess than before?

Indeed it’s a mess, atleast for me. I did something and tf2 closes off, after launched. So right now I’m testing steampipe’s download speed improvement ^^

Does anybody have any idea how to make movies? Like I know basic, but I don’t know how to make other tf2 cfg copy with seperate launcher and how to write launch options in shortcut :/
Lawena was so easy to use. Does SrcDemo2 works on pipe?

winterz

(è_é)

Quoted from SabaSaba

[…]
First I tried making a separate folder for the custom hud under custom folder e.g.
steamapps/common/Team Fortress 2/tf/custom/mystuff/broeselhud.

However, I got the custom hud to work when I removed the broeselhud folder and moved the files to their own subfolders e. g.
steamapps/common/Team Fortress 2/tf/custom/mystuff/resource
and steamapps/common/Team Fortress 2/tf/custom/mystuff/scripts

Now it works perfectly.

Worked for me too.

AnimaL

Quoted from baccart

Indeed it’s a mess, atleast for me. I did something and tf2 closes off, after launched. So right now I’m testing steampipe’s download speed improvement ^^

you need to verify integrity of game content
Quoted from baccart

Does anybody have any idea how to make movies? Like I know basic, but I don’t know how to make other tf2 cfg copy with seperate launcher and how to write launch options in shortcut :/

1. Remove everything from autoexec.cfg
2. Remove all the launch options.
3. Make autoexec_one.cfg and autoexec_two.cfg in /cfg dir, you can rename them how you like, these will be ur autoexecs for different launch icons.
4. Your Shortcut has something like this: E:/Steam/Steam.exe -applaunch 440 -condebug -windowed -noborder -w 1280 -h 720 -console -nojoy -novid +exec autoexec_one -dxlevel 98 -nod3d9ex -nocrashdialog

Basicly shortcut has all the launch options together with -applaunch 440 and +exec urautoexecfile

Last edited by AnimaL,

baccart

Thank you Animal, you’re beast :)

I was writing something like that:
steam://rungameid/440 -exec bla.cfg

Is there anyway that you can exec HUD? I mean I want to have 2 huds, 1 for movie making and other for playing. I could use same hud, but in movie hud, i want to see only kill notice and crosshair. Is that possible?

Ps. Sry if it’s off topic

Last edited by baccart,

teej!

How do you fix having no key binds? Only my m1, m2, reload and wasd keys work :(

qarky

My settings are no longer being saved for eg I have a bind that switches between cl_hud_minmode 1/0. So say I have the game in minmode 0 when it launches, I join a server change it to minmode 1 and disconnect and quit game. And when I restart it has cl_hud_minmode 0 enabled, same for any cvar. This never happened before and is very annoying, anyone know of a fix?

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 6 7 8 ... 15 Next »