Forum

FAQ: How to get ready for SteamPipe launch on 30th of April!

Created 18th April 2013 @ 10:29

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 ... 15 Next »

AnimaL

Quoted from Sideshow

Same for broesel’s? :((

No, broesels crosshair switcher are just configs, configs work fine.. I’ts the apps that have hardcoded where configs “should” be that can be broken… The game itself doesn’t change other than just “grab” these files from different location. This also seems why PREC doesnt work, when loading it, game keeps telling it can’t find prec.dll

Last edited by AnimaL,

Niicol

dc.
-ugo?-

i tested it. my fps are higher (dunno if because of this or just the hype) and there are only experienced players in the servers, speaking of bugs and stuff. very nice.

Bluee

May as well post this in here for any Vanilla casters reading:

advspec plugin will break with this update, but there’s a fixed version ready. I’ll send it out closer to the time in case Valve changes anything else. It’ll include customizable colours & a performance boost.

AnimaL

Thanks!

The game always crashes when you switch between minmode and not-minmode ingame

Alex

:sticky:
*|Я|B|*

BenBazinga

Garlic.tf

Really helpful!

Tuto

8-)

Nice work :)

But no p-rec for me = no steam pipe :(

Spike Himself

TC

Quoted from Tuto

Nice work :)

But no p-rec for me = no steam pipe :(

The steam pipe conversion is not optional.

Tuto

8-)

Quoted from Spike Himself

[…]

The steam pipe conversion is not optional.

Oh… better backing up files now then. Thanks for telling.

almightybob

.ps

Thanks for the guide! Now I just need to remember to actually do it before next week…

Lithium

I just made a translation for French speakers who need it : http://www.tf2connexion.fr/forum/index.php?topic=5984.0

TY AnimaL, good job on doing this ;)

Toba

(a boT from the North)
Lutunen

Quoted from AnimaL

[…]No, broesels crosshair switcher are just configs, configs work fine.. I’ts the apps that have hardcoded where configs “should” be that can be broken… The game itself doesn’t change other than just “grab” these files from different location. This also seems why PREC doesnt work, when loading it, game keeps telling it can’t find prec.dll

So to fix PREC you need to switch it to the new folder?

Oxy

TC.Express

Nice guide.

Also remember people you need enough room on your drive for nearly another whole copy of TF2! Doubt this affects many but I’m trying to find stuff to delete lol.

AnimaL

Quoted from Toba

[…]

So to fix PREC you need to switch it to the new folder?

No, prec seems to be actually broken and we will need to wait for update and for valve to sign it before we can use it again.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 ... 15 Next »